Will Rogers staying at UW with jedd

Advertisement
Advertisement
The timing on all of this is pretty crazy. No idea when UW starts classes and if Rogers has already started.

Has nothing to do with similar skill set. Are we not still looking for a plug and play 1 year bridge guy?
If you think that is Rogers then you should think the same thing about Poffenbarger is what I'm saying. They have the same arm strength, similar height, weight, moxie, **** they almost look like brothers. Reese also has more mobility.

The only difference is one played for one of the greatest offensive minds in CFB history and the other has been at Albany.

If you think that is Rogers then you should think the same thing about Poffenbarger is what I'm saying. They have the same arm strength, similar height, weight, moxie, **** they almost look like brothers. Reese also has more mobility.

The only difference is one played for one of the greatest offensive minds in CFB history and the other has been at Albany.
You all in with the Burger? I respect it

Advertisement
You all in with the Burger? I respect it
He's ok.. I'd rather see us land Taulia for 2024 and keep Poff around as a backup and then turn it over to him in 2025.

There's a learning curve to adapt to the speed of play at the P4 level compared to FCS. Facing the Gators in the Swamp in your first game at this level isn't what you want to do. As bad as they are... the speed of the game and complexities of the defense are night and day different.

He's ok.. I'd rather see us land Taulia for 2024 and keep Poff around as a backup and then turn it over to him in 2025.

There's a learning curve to adapt to the speed of play at the P4 level compared to FCS. Facing the Gators in the Swamp in your first game at this level isn't what you want to do. As bad as they are... the speed of the game and complexities of the defense are night and day different.
That’s fair. I’d probably prefer Taulia as well given the mobility element

Exactly what I’ve been thinking

Advertisement

Yea unless we‘re getting a guy who can carry a team I’m in the same boat. Howard could definitely carry a team, Ward has the potentia to carry a team. Other than that why pay any more for anybody who’s not a clear upgrade.

Wouldn’t he be eligible for the 30 day transfer window?

IDK, keeping up with all the new NCAA rules is a full time job, so I could be wrong

Yes, but he would be transferring back-to-back.

It's all good, I just think that sometimes people conflate "is the portal window open" with "does this transfer count as my one free one, or will I need another exception or waiver".

I agree, it is hard to keep up with the NCAA rules, even for people like me who try to stay on top of them.

Advertisement
It's like the kid asking mom for McDonalds and she says we have McDonalds at home

We already have Poffenbarger. No need to bring in another similar QB with less mobility than the one we already have
We know Will can play FBS speed though, and has a better TD to int ratio again, against far better teams. I’d take that 1000x over FCS kid for one year

We know Will can play FBS speed though, and has a better TD to int ratio again, against far better teams. I’d take that 1000x over FCS kid for one year
Yes it this was NFL and you were drafting for a backup QB in late rounds, you look at the traits, and say well size and arm about same so let's roll
With more athletic guy.

For Miami in 2024, we need a more proven commodity with much less variables imo. Thus I would feel much better with Rogers playing at UF first game.

I’d take my chances with Pof over Will Rodgers. Not a fan and the staff wasn’t either on the visit. Pof has great anticipation and is a really good athlete which is a nice change. He’s also played a ton of snaps with the entire offense on his shoulders. Taulia is still an option plus the Ward window will be finally closing in the next couple days.

Advertisement
Back