Will Miami be ranked to start the season?

Grabbing Lashlee and King will bring some positive attention. Wouldn’t be shocked if some publications had us ranked in their preseason polls. Some won’t because of our horrible close to this past season.

If we start off 3-0, we will be ranked heading to MIchigan State IMO.

Advertisement
UF had a top ten finish last year. i’m not bragging, it’s just a question. I think we will be ranked and that’s not a bad thing for recruiting.
UF had a decent season last year, but still didn't win their division. They do tend to cling to whatever small victories they can get. They can have a 4-8 season and beat their chest about having the best rated WR meeting room according to some random sports website.

I'll gladly predict undefeated seasons every single year until reality crashes down because that's my expectation, even if i know they'll disappoint me. But as far as ranking, I'd prefer to go into every game as the underdog. It's better for us to start unranked and then climb because we become a topic of discussion and it grabs recruits attention.

One would have to think with a Heisman hopeful at QB and our schedule, voters might rank us in the top 25. Outside of UNC in the coastal, we should expected to compete for the title. 🤔 20-25 at a minimum, wouldn’t surprise me.
😂😂😂😂😂

One would have to think with a Heisman hopeful at QB and our schedule, voters might rank us in the top 25. Outside of UNC in the coastal, we should expected to compete for the title. 🤔 20-25 at a minimum, wouldn’t surprise me.
Jesus H. This board is doing it again. In about a week we will see a bring on Bama post.

top 50, most discussion on Miami will be about the hot seat that CMD is on at the moment
with cupcake schedule provided by B.James anything less than 9 wins is a fireable offense

Advertisement
FCK the rose colored glasses are annoying. I'm betting King will make less of a difference as Burrows did his first year.

Normally the “potential” might get us ranked but we wouldn’t have been competitive in the G5 last year we’ll see

I would be extremely surprised if we are ranked.

Analysts know how bad we were/are on the oline and although there should be some speculation and/or hype, I see no reason to put us in the top 25 pre-season.

Advertisement
I hope we're not ranked at the beginning of the season. Much rather keep expectations low and then crescendo as the season progresses.

If we win our 1st 4 games, assuming King is healthy and balling out, we will be in the top 20 at least. If we get through October undefeated, we'll be in or creeping up on the top 10. Of course, if we go undefeated during the regular season, the media will be on the King train and we'll be top 5-6, maybe higher.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back