Will Mallory

C A N E

Sophomore
Kid balled out tonight. He finally looked his size and showed he’s got some burners.

Hard to think of a more bizarre career on the field at UM than Mallory’s.

There’s not enough positive film for him to be drafted.

There’s as many goofs on his part (vs MSU comes to mind last season etc) than there’ve been moments of brilliance. (Tonight and that one play called back vs Louisville lol)

I’m pleased for the kid that he at least showed out in his final game as some senior day consolation for whatever that’s worth. Yikes is this program depressing.

Advertisement
I wish he could come back and play an extra yr for a legit coordinator. I think Mario’s gonna get it right on his next hire

I wish he could come back and play an extra yr for a legit coordinator. I think Mario’s gonna get it right on his next hire

I hope so hombre but I’m not holding my breath. He’s accountable for this season and that mess of a staffing process he oversaw. Seriously, Zo needs to tell him to stick to his strengths (recruiting, being a CEO), and delegate accordingly.

Is he capable of delegating? Can he get out of his own way? He got a FAT contract here and won a couple of conf championships in the PAC. Will he succumb to hubris because of that? Is he a micromanaging ******* that always think he’s the smartest guy in the room? I’m Ron Burgundy?

Sell the university like he can do. Be that elite salesman and just stick to that and allow people who know a **** about modern American football to take over the operation on the field.

I hope so hombre but I’m not holding my breath. He’s accountable for this season and that mess of a staffing process he oversaw. Seriously, Zo needs to tell him to stick to his strengths (recruiting, being a CEO), and delegate accordingly.

Is he capable of delegating? Can he get out of his own way? He got a FAT contract here and won a couple of conf championships in the PAC. Will he succumb to hubris because of that? Is he a micromanaging ******* that always think he’s the smartest guy in the room? I’m Ron Burgundy?

Sell the university like he can do. Be that elite salesman and just stick to that and allow people who know a **** about modern American football to take over the operation on the field.
Amen brother. Whatever the reality is on the ground, it needs to be corrected. Not his first rodeo and he’s seen Saban play the part. First yr growing pains I hope.

Advertisement
Mallory was our best receiver, solid man of character, and great Cane. He will get drafted, so let's hope he gets into the right system.

Not sure if many of you saw Narduzzi at the end of the broadcast, was congrats him and was shaking his hand, with much respect. The coaches know how good he was

Congrats to Mallory on having tight end touchdown record but lord when that records comes up all I’m going to think about was how soft he was. Gimme anyone else of recent years, Herndon or Walford.

Advertisement

Exactly. Use Bobby Bowden as a model. Sell UM, hire savage coordinators, and kick @ss. That is all.

Hes going to be drafted. UM te pedigree,...father an nfl coach.....Mallory may end up our first draft pick
well said, Will probaly will be our first pick, deserving so, late 4th or 5th Rd ( or perhaps some team will use a high pick for Headly).

Advertisement

You don't think he delegated to Gattis and Steele? Of course, he did.

I think Steele knows what he is doing, but the last Pitt touchdown pass was Miami's defense in a microcosm. One linebacker thought we were in zone the other thought we were in man. Johnson runs to his right and runs into Bissainthe. And Williams was absolutely nowhere to be found and took himself out of the play.

Advertisement
Imagine him trying to block Micah Parsons. Him and McLaughlin got the same skates. Best of luck.

Advertisement
Back