Will Howard to Ohio St

Advertisement
Experience is about it though. Very similar size and skill set. Who’s to say JB could not develop in a similar fashion with the experience?
Not at all. Jaccurri is an EXPLOSIVE playmaker with the ball in his hands. He runs HARD and like a gazelle. On the flip side every single throw is out of a cannon and with ZERO accuracy. Kj Jefferson is huge and WHEN he runs its hard to bring him down. He's not an easy tackle. But he prefers to pass the ball as any qb should and he's pretty good with it. He only leaves the pocket if it's called or as a last resort when he's gotta go. Far more complete QB than Jaccurri. But he should be that right now too. He has been a multi year starter.

Experience is about it though. Very similar size and skill set. Who’s to say JB could not develop in a similar fashion with the experience?
omg
Animated GIF

Advertisement
random here, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what a mobile QB could do in this offense, with a microcosm of a passing attack. JB slings it around during the bowl game and runs everyone over, what will CIS look like the day after? lol

random here, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what a mobile QB could do in this offense, with a microcosm of a passing attack. JB slings it around during the bowl game and runs everyone over, what will CIS look like the day after? lol
We wouldn't be looking to the portal if he showed that when given the chance. I hope the kid balls out, just not expecting it.

Advertisement
Well….this adds up to what was alluded to over the last week.

I’m of the opinion that we locked up Ward during his visit but he (or his camp) wanted him to take 1 more visit before announcing.

There’s an article on 247 by an FSU writer coming out of the FSU visit and it didn’t scare me. Actually made me a bit more confident that we’ll land Ward. His father said he isn’t taking anymore visits, he may take a Zoom call but he’s pretty much going home to decide which school is the best fit.

Also - I have always been Team Howard via my personal eye test. But there’s some brilliant football minds here that think that while Howard is serviceable, Ward would be the homerun pick of between the two - namely @Memnon - so if we get Ward I’ll be ecstatic, even though I had Howard as the 1A.

Last edited:
Not at all. Jaccurri is an EXPLOSIVE playmaker with the ball in his hands. He runs HARD and like a gazelle. On the flip side every single throw is out of a cannon and with ZERO accuracy. Kj Jefferson is huge and WHEN he runs its hard to bring him down. He's not an easy tackle. But he prefers to pass the ball as any qb should and he's pretty good with it. He only leaves the pocket if it's called or as a last resort when he's gotta go. Far more complete QB than Jaccurri. But he should be that right now too. He has been a multi year starter.
it is a shame he has not been able to dramatically improve his accuracy. otherwise, he'd be at least a very good college QB.

any idea why he wasn't ever used this year?

it is a shame he has not been able to dramatically improve his accuracy. otherwise, he'd be at least a very good college QB.

any idea why he wasn't ever used this year?
I'm not gonna speculate on why exactly he wasn't used. Have heard varying reasons for that from both sides. He would be a VERY good qb if he could simply get down the passing side of the game. Depending on the reasons for why he hasn't played I'd love to see him at wideout. I haven't gave up on him as a qb either though. I just wish we could figure out a role for him to get him on the field cause he's dynamic with the ball in his hands. To me Dawson needs to figure that out at all costs no matter who we get assuming we still have him on the roster next season.

Advertisement
We wouldn't be looking to the portal if he showed that when given the chance. I hope the kid balls out, just not expecting it.
don't disagree, it was just a hypothetical. you must agree though, should some miracle happen such as that, some people on this board will hop on the JB train as the teams savior.

Advertisement
Jefferson has 3 years of experience. His stats are much better than I expected. He's had 3 years of solid passing where his lowest was this year at 64%. That's an excellent floor. His high is 68%. Very consistent likey due to a lower volume of throws. But that's perfectly fine.

Compared to Howard, Jefferson actually has had the better career over 3 years. Howard had a better 2023 as Jefferson had just 19 TDs to his 8 INTs. This was an anomaly for Jefferson as he had 24 TDs and 5 INTs in 2022 and 21 TDs with 4 INTs in 2021.

Ideally, you want a transfer QB to get you 10 wins and for the younger QBs to learn from. We could win 10+ games with Jefferson. His running ability would make our offense difficult to stop.

The fact that he's played on some bad teams, he could shine as a star at Miami surrounded by a better roster.

Advertisement
Back