Will Grier

Things went south for Grier ever since the suspension, I don't think he liked UF recruiting 3 QB's that were all EE's as well. The staff wanted him to stay, but he chose to leave.

You see a legit program taking him as a transfer? Any idea if UiF placed restrictions on where he can try to go?

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Former high school Army All-American and redshirt freshman, plays half a season, throws 10 TDs and only 3 INTs in his first ever action as a starter, and looks better every week-- yeah, do not want.

I hate you all.

We really have some dumb posters on this board.

Take him in a heartbeat.

here is the thing why do we need him. we have kayaa for at least one more season probably 2. then jack allison coming in. evin sheriffs is underrated qb prospect and malik rosier looked good in limited time. where would grier play?

greir had a solid year at florida, that said he flunked a ped test, is suspended until week 7 next year and miami has a better qb in kayaa and a top notch qb recruit incoming, i just don't see where he would fit in miami's qb depth chart.

Former high school Army All-American and redshirt freshman, plays half a season, throws 10 TDs and only 3 INTs in his first ever action as a starter, and looks better every week-- yeah, do not want.

I hate you all.

Take him in a heartbeat.

here is the thing why do we need him. we have kayaa for at least one more season probably 2. then jack allison coming in. evin sheriffs is underrated qb prospect and malik rosier looked good in limited time. where would grier play?

greir had a solid year at florida, that said he flunked a ped test, is suspended until week 7 next year and miami has a better qb in kayaa and a top notch qb recruit incoming, i just don't see where he would fit in miami's qb depth chart.

Pretty simple reason why you would take Grier. Grier has shown that he's capable of performing very well at the P5 level. Aside from Kaaya, all the guys you mentioned are question marks. So, basically, you have Kaaya and hope. Allison didn't even tear it up at the HS level. He's got a ton of work to do.

Take him for what? We dont need any qbs. He wont play for a year and a half anyway.

You know this program and our admins. They will NEVER offer this kid a scholarship, even if he was only guilty of taking a cold medication with a banned substance in it. Not after having that BALCO mess in the neighborhood.

That wasn't BALCO. It was Biogenesis and Tony Bosch. Let's just say we dodged a gigantic bullet there. Not football but baseball.

Yes. Miami will never touch this guy.

I hate you all.

Take him in a heartbeat.

Pretty simple reason why you would take Grier. Grier has shown that he's capable of performing very well at the P5 level. Aside from Kaaya, all the guys you mentioned are question marks. So, basically, you have Kaaya and hope. Allison didn't even tear it up at the HS level. He's got a ton of work to do.

all high school kids have a ton of work to do to be great at college level. its not just hope either. richt knows qb's so does coley. coley has recruited winston, and kayaa as his last 2 qb's i think they both worked out quite well. richt has a history of developing qb's from david green to matt stafford, so allison will get coaching he needs and rosier proved he can make plays when called upon. greir had alot more starts then rosier but id take rosier over a guy we don't know if his success was because of ped use or not.

Advertisement

I hate you all.

Take him in a heartbeat.

That old Miami philosophy of "hey, why stack up talent...I mean, where are all these kids going to play?!?"...

I hate you all.

Take him in a heartbeat.

all high school kids have a ton of work to do to be great at college level. its not just hope either. richt knows qb's so does coley. coley has recruited winston, and kayaa as his last 2 qb's i think they both worked out quite well. richt has a history of developing qb's from david green to matt stafford, so allison will get coaching he needs and rosier proved he can make plays when called upon. greir had alot more starts then rosier but id take rosier over a guy we don't know if his success was because of ped use or not.

You rave about Richt's ability to identify QBs and develop them. If Grier comes here guess who would have to sign off on it? I'll give you 2 guesses. Go.

Take him in a heartbeat.

You rave about Richt's ability to identify QBs and develop them. If Grier comes here guess who would have to sign off on it? I'll give you 2 guesses. Go.

Kevin Beard and Ice Harris: Floridas premier recruiting coordinators.

It is very dangerous to crown QB's before they perform in college.

Advertisement

Take him in a heartbeat.

That and the idea of a guy having success because of PED use....I'm not sure what to say about that. As a QB, the best thing you can have going for you is brain activity and PED's don't affect that.

Grier has been in talks with Ohio State and is figuring out if he will play D2 for a season, and then transfer like Cam Newton did (who Grier has also been in contact with) or if he will go straight to Ohio State to learn the system.

Miami had Jim Kelly, Mark Richt, Bernie Kosar and Vinny on the roster at the same time.

Some of you'll cowards Talmbout don't take Grier because we got a good junior and maybe a good recruit?

Advertisement

I hate you all.

Take him in a heartbeat.

I think the point being made here is you have a guy available that has less work ahead, and has successful P5 playing experience over guys you already admit have plenty of work ahead and no college experience at any level. Not rocket science here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back