Will Gattis be replaced for next season?

Will Gattis be retained for 2023?

• Yes

• **** No

• He will stay but be demoted

Results are only viewable after voting.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Manny fired OC Enos after one year in which the team went 6-7. Brought in Lashlee and King, then proceeded to go 8-3. That was just 2 years ago. The fanbase remembers. This situation is worse than that. To stay the course would carry all types of significant risk. But to fire Gattis and mess the next hire up could as well. Time to earn your check Mario.

He can’t be retained. Ticket sales will vanish. The fans are on the edge. Had we beaten MTSU and had a semblance of an offense, there might be an argument. The fact is it was a mistake to hire him and even though it will cost money to let him go., it will cost more to keep him on board.

Admittedly I was not following Mario at all when he was at FIU and/or Oregon.... did he face anything like this at either previous head coaching stop? An obviously terrible OC or DC? With fans unhappy? A coordinator that just wasn't a good fit? Terrible stats, no player development, no creativity etc...

If yes, what action did Mario take? Was it immediate? (like Diaz firing Enos.) Or did he wait a year too long to move on? Or not move on altogether? (ala Golden and Dorito)
If no, looks like we'll learn alot about Mario (for better or worse) depending on how he handles this.

Just wondering if there's any precedent.

Advertisement
He’s gotta be gone first thing Sunday morning if Mario is serious

I’d give it a week before it’s “public”. I’m sure he will know his fate if he doesn’t already. Just me guessing, I’d be shocked if we wake up Sunday and that’s the headline but that would make me feel **** good so I hope I’m wrong lol.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Admittedly I was not following Mario at all when he was at FIU and/or Oregon.... did he face anything like this at either previous head coaching stop? An obviously terrible OC or DC? With fans unhappy? A coordinator that just wasn't a good fit? Terrible stats, no player development, no creativity etc...

If yes, what action did Mario take? Was it immediate? (like Diaz firing Enos.) Or did he wait a year too long to move on? Or not move on altogether? (ala Golden and Dorito)
If no, looks like we'll learn alot about Mario (for better or worse) depending on how he handles this.

Just wondering if there's any precedent.
Oregon fans were not amazed by the offenses that he had up there. he was successful overall at Oregon but his offenses were meh. arroyo was meh. moorhead was a good hire in terms of what Mario likes but he wasn't nearly as good as he was at PSU. ive read it was either Mario stepping in to just meh. either way, this is his dream job so I hope hes not stubborn in his approach

FIU is a **** show so he was their best coach and he did well there.

Advertisement
Back