Will Finebaum and ESPN and National Media Apologize to Miami

rejuvaphan

Recruit
Miami released the reply from the ACC about our protests of bad calls in the Duke game. ACC admitted that the PI call where Burns intercepted the ball was an incorrect penalty. This would have given Miami the ball and end the game. I guarantee that not one of those haters will apologize to the U .
Duke PI call.jpg

Advertisement
Oh, isn't that nice they admit that after the hate dies down.

**** you, and **** your apology ACC. And **** the media and **** Finebaum. We don't care about nothing except this U. ;)

There were 3 pass interfernce calls on that drive all B.S but can't tell which one they admiited to being incorrect from that statement. Is there more to the statement not included there?

Advertisement
Where did it say the PI was Burns' int that was wrong? I just read a bad PI call on final drive. There were 3 PIs

**** the ACC.

They handled this so very poorly. There would have been talk about the play, certainly some heated debate, but the ACC's blanket apology and misleading outline of "blown" calls invited more vitriol and hate than would have existed otherwise. They gave the haters something to hang their hats on.

In fact, they could have decided to defend the referees, with a slightly different slant on the same facts.

* While still photographs suggested Walton's knee was down, the ACC could have defended the call by saying a) the video available to the referees at the time did not provide "indisputable video evidence" to overturn the call and/or b) Walton did not convincingly have possession of the ball when he knee was down.

* The missed block in the back cannot be called after review, unless it constitutes an "egregious error." Being that the block did not materially affect the play and, in fact, aided the Duke player in getting closer to the ball carrier, the play is not "egregious" and should not have been called after review.

* The Scott non-call would not have affected the outcome of the game, though it should have been called.

Then, BOOM! While Miami hate would still permeate, the noise would not have been nearly as loud. #embracethehate

Miami released the reply from the ACC about our protests of bad calls in the Duke game. ACC admitted that the PI call where Burns intercepted the ball was an incorrect penalty. This would have given Miami the ball and end the game. I guarantee that not one of those haters will apologize to the U .
View attachment 33453

Sure, like Mark May coming back and humbly apologizing about his Shapiro comments. 😔

Hatred and alterior motives never apologize...f-k em.

UM

Advertisement
View attachment 33453

Where did that come from?

View attachment 33453

:Qft9gEw:

**** the ACC.

They handled this so very poorly. There would have been talk about the play, certainly some heated debate, but the ACC's blanket apology and misleading outline of "blown" calls invited more vitriol and hate than would have existed otherwise. They gave the haters something to hang their hats on.

In fact, they could have decided to defend the referees, with a slightly different slant on the same facts.

* While still photographs suggested Walton's knee was down, the ACC could have defended the call by saying a) the video available to the referees at the time did not provide "indisputable video evidence" to overturn the call and/or b) Walton did not convincingly have possession of the ball when he knee was down.

* The missed block in the back cannot be called after review, unless it constitutes an "egregious error." Being that the block did not materially affect the play and, in fact, aided the Duke player in getting closer to the ball carrier, the play is not "egregious" and should not have been called after review.

* The Scott non-call would not have affected the outcome of the game, though it should have been called.

Then, BOOM! While Miami hate would still permeate, the noise would not have been nearly as loud. #embracethehate

notincontrol.jpg You mean this still photo.

Advertisement
There were 3 pass interfernce calls on that drive all B.S but can't tell which one they admiited to being incorrect from that statement. Is there more to the statement not included there?
Email from Blake

November 5, 2015

Dear Hurricane Supporters:

What an incredible, exhilarating and hard fought victory on Saturday in Durham!* The eight-lateral, touchdown play which won the game will forever be cemented in college football lore and in our storied history.*

The fact that the ACC publicly acknowledged officiating errors on the play does not, in any way, take away our victory or our incredible spirit.**

Some of you have emailed me this week, concerned about the wording of the ACC response as well as the seemingly endless noise about The U not deserving the win.* I want to share briefly with you what has transpired since Saturday night.

Immediately after the game, I notified the conference office of my concerns regarding the officiating of our game.* On Sunday morning, I had a conference call with ACC Commissioner John Swofford and some of his staff, to discuss not only the play in question, but my concerns regarding officiating throughout the game.* Commissioner Swofford informed me that the league had determined that the officiating crew would be suspended for two weeks for officiating errors on the final play and that the conference would review the entire game film.* Per ACC policy our football staff submitted the plays we believed were incorrectly called as a matter of weekly protocol, and were notified by the league that multiple incorrect calls impacting our team occurred during the game, including a pass interference call on the final drive.

I spoke again with Commissioner Swofford on Monday, to voice my concern on how this situation was being handled and the negative light it was creating for our institution.* Rest assured, beginning just hours after our victory, the University was forceful yet respectful in our approach.

Earlier today we sent a formal letter to the conference office, summarizing and reiterating our concerns, and now consider this matter closed.* We have moved on to UVA and I am sure that all Canes will be ready to cheer on Coach Scott and our football players on Saturday!

Go Canes!

Blake James
Director of Athletics

Advertisement
**** the ACC.

View attachment 33455 You mean this still photo.

That is one of them. And...?

Advertisement
Back