Wiggins, Mccloud, Carter, Jennings, Ford

When you hold a team to under 30 yrds rushing and somebody is complaining about jon ford being in the game, it's equivalent to those same people that kept complaining about coach rumph and coach banda while at the same time we had the #1 pass defense in the land, WTF is wrong with y'all. The linebacker play has been weak here because this defensive scheme is designed primarily for the safeties and the linebackers are almost being asked to play like safeties only until the other team gets in the redzone. This is why mccloud has regressed, his best year was his freshman year before the went to this striker ****!

Advertisement
Yea let’s have no depth at all. Great ******* strategy. You think you’ll have a roster of 60 starters?..
is your argument that having a bunch of ****** starters is valuable? Depth only matters if it helps competiton.

McCloud unfortunately doesn't know where the ball is going until he sees the ball going in that direction... He has no feel for the game at all... He is a much better athlete than Corey Flagg will ever be but Flagg diagnosis plays so much faster... The biggest thing that Flagg and Brooks have shown over the upperclassmen is their ability to navigate the mess and short area quickness... Brooks is a freak and once it all clicks for him it's lights out... Flagg isn't the most gifted athlete in the world but he reads the play quickly and has superb short area quickness that allows him to flow through the mess easily... Jennings and McCloud get caught in the wash far too much

Is he that much of a better athlete? McCloud does not stand other athletically

1603063623929.gif

I think Carter is good in spots. I think he’s great in the box and blitzing
Unfortunately, those aren't the spots he primarily ends up in our defense. We ask for different tools (sometimes weirdly too much) from our Safeties. Leaves Amari in some rough positions for his skill set. This has been discussed for nearly 3 years on here. It is what it is...

Advertisement
It is time for their snaps to be cut by 80%.

Millier, Brooks, Redding,Smith, need more snaps.

Hall and Bolden should be our starting safeties.

I'm tired of seeing Carter go for a big hit only to have the runner/receiver bounce off and gain extra yards. He is trash as a safety and probably not much better as a linebacker.

He needs to go

View attachment 133869
Meh Carter hasn’t missed as many tackles as Hall. At least carter will hit a bih. Hall idk wtf that guy is doing out there! He barely gets in on plays and when he does he misses lots of tackles and it’s not like he getting big hits he just whiffs.

Unfortunately, those aren't the spots he primarily ends up in our defense. We ask for different tools (sometimes weirdly too much) from our Safeties. Leaves Amari in some rough positions for his skill set. This has been discussed for nearly 3 years on here. It is what it is...

agree. Oddly enough, he played more of that role as a true freshman. I thought for sure he was gonna be our next striker.

Meh Carter hasn’t missed as many tackles as Hall. At least carter will hit a bih. Hall idk wtf that guy is doing out there! He barely gets in on plays and when he does he misses lots of tackles and it’s not like he getting big hits he just whiffs.
Hall led team in tackles against Pitt. Guess you think rest of defensive players really sucked

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m on board with McCloud never seeing the field again. Dude is lost. As for the DT situation you need to keep Ford and Miller in the rotation because somebody has to hold the point and occupy blockers in the run game. The 3 Tech is the glory position at UM and we love seeing Nesta and JHH knifing into the backfield to smack running backs and QBs for losses but someone has to do the dirty work for an even front defense to work. The 1 Tech guys don’t really play on passing downs anyways so their lack of pass rushing ability isn’t a huge deal.

Carter: I don't mind the 3-man rotation at safety.
Ford: Snaps were evenly distributed against ****t.
McCloud/Jennings: Flagg & Brooks play early and often
Wiggins: our only 'deep threat' and should be used as such

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back