Wide Receivers that should move to CB to upgrade the position

One of Clemsons current starting CBs was a 5 star Wide Receiver. Quinton Dunbar was a 4 star WR in college but is now a starting cb for the Seahawks. Sam Shields 4 star WR turned pro bowl cb. Sometimes that maybe the best route.

Michael Redding is already 6’2” 202 lbs solid I could see him being the #1 cb on the team with his combo of size, physicality, and athleticism.

Jeremiah Payton I would rather keep at WR if I had to choose only one to switch it would be Redding. But we don’t have a cb on the team with Paytons level of natural athleticism either.. the overall talent level from both would upgrade the cb room over night.
*Jeremiah Payton enters the transfer portal*

Advertisement
Well we know Restrepo can't catch based on his punt return exploits, so move him to CB in the spring.

Michael Redding and Jeremiah Payton...

I think most of us believe they have more upside at WR than the receivers playing in front of them but these two talents playing CB with their combo of size speed and athleticism would be exactly what we need.

thoughts?
What? These guys are tall and lanky. Maybe Redding but no way Payton. He’s too slow to play CB. That’s maybe why he’s having trouble getting separation, too. Pope and Restrepo are the only ones I could see at CB.

I'm about ready to give up on Payton being impactful at WR so why the fvck not, put the whole WR room through CB drills on this hiatus and see if any of them show something

Advertisement
they dont call him Krazy Cane for no reason!!

For some reason I now feel insecure about my football knowledge because of things I agreed with him on the past

Hey Krazy do you still want Nkosi to start next year at QB?

For some reason I now feel insecure about my football knowledge because of things I agreed with him on the past

Wow, yeah man that's really rough. This dude literally hasn't typed a syllable on this site that I've agreed with. Not a single one. If he said the sky was blue on here, I'd go outside to look. It's gotta be a schtick account, because nobody is this ridiculous with every thought they have.

Michael Redding and Jeremiah Payton...

I think most of us believe they have more upside at WR than the receivers playing in front of them but these two talents playing CB with their combo of size speed and athleticism would be exactly what we need.

thoughts?
Or we could just fire that bum Rumph who’s lack of recruiting has put us in this position. And you know, hire a real CB coach with an actual resume in college showing competence in recruiting and putting players in the league. Just and idea!

Advertisement
crazy nicolas cage GIF

You were hyping up Jarren Williams :roll-canes2:

Advertisement
What? These guys are tall and lanky. Maybe Redding but no way Payton. He’s too slow to play CB. That’s maybe why he’s having trouble getting separation, too. Pope and Restrepo are the only ones I could see at CB.

Speed isn’t the #1 skillset for an elite cb.. Pope too soft to play defense. And Payton ain’t lanky he’s athletic and Michael Redding has the perfect combo of size and speed to be a lockdown corner.

Advertisement

Pope wouldn't tackle someone if his life depended on it.

And I agree speed MAY BE a concern for payton, but at 6'0 or 6'1, and the feet he showed in his hs tape...I think corner may be worth a look.

Just a suggestion, I hope he develops at WR and haven't given up on him, although I agree at times he looks slow.

Speed isn’t the #1 skillset for an elite cb.. Pope too soft to play defense. And Payton ain’t lanky he’s athletic and Michael Redding has the perfect combo of size and speed to be a lockdown corner.

Yup Pope extra soft...Glad seeing him make some plays though, was about to give up on him on offense.

Well we know Restrepo can't catch based on his punt return exploits, so move him to CB in the spring.
But does he have enough speed for corner? With the WR's we have coming in I'm not entirely against this idea.

Advertisement
Back