Wide Receivers that should move to CB to upgrade the position

Advertisement
84E47CFF-80C6-456D-BD40-515E4C0D52AF.gif

Advertisement
Sam Shields made the move from WR to CB his senior year under Shannon and ended up playing in the NFL, even making a Pro Bowl. Shields ran a 4.30 40 yard dash, and he had great size. I donā€™t see a Sam Shields-type on the current roster, and I canā€™t think of anyone who would see the field faster by making a position switchā€”but itā€™s certainly an entertaining discussion

Michael Redding and Jeremiah Payton...

I think most of us believe they have more upside at WR than the receivers playing in front of them but these two talents playing CB with their combo of size speed and athleticism would be exactly what we need.

thoughts?
I wouldn't mind seeing Payton or Restrepo tried

Not Redding.

Advertisement
Sam Shields made the move from WR to CB his senior year under Shannon and ended up playing in the NFL, even making a Pro Bowl. Shields ran a 4.30 40 yard dash, and he had great size. I donā€™t see a Sam Shields-type on the current roster, and I canā€™t think of anyone who would see the field faster by making a position switchā€”but itā€™s certainly an entertaining discussion
Kosi switch to OLB?? **** if chaz surratt did it why notšŸ¤·šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļø

Advertisement

I think most of us believe they have more upside at WR than the receivers playing in front of them but these two talents playing CB with their combo of size speed and athleticism would be exactly what we need.

thoughts?
Move them to CB and one, if not both, transfer out to be X receivers anywhere else. Both guys were 4 star recruits and some good schools wanted them. Turning them into a multi-year developmental project on defense when they both came here to score...they wouldn't stay.

Advertisement
I liked Restrepo more on defense, and the way he has been catching punts defense might be on his future.
But it would be safety no corner. Don't know if he has the speed for corner.

thoughts?
I wasn't going to reply but WTH. So what I'm getting is you acknowledge that the current starting WRs but not good and the younger has higher upset. And you want to take potentially the better WRs and make them CBs.

Did I get that right?

God I hope that's not what you're saying.

Move them to CB and one, if not both, transfer out to be X receivers anywhere else. Both guys were 4 star recruits and some good schools wanted them. Turning them into a multi-year developmental project on defense when they both came here to score...they wouldn't stay.

One of Clemsons current starting CBs was a 5 star Wide Receiver. Quinton Dunbar was a 4 star WR in college but is now a starting cb for the Seahawks. Sam Shields 4 star WR turned pro bowl cb. Sometimes that maybe the best route.

Michael Redding is already 6ā€™2ā€ 202 lbs solid I could see him being the #1 cb on the team with his combo of size, physicality, and athleticism.

Jeremiah Payton I would rather keep at WR if I had to choose only one to switch it would be Redding. But we donā€™t have a cb on the team with Paytons level of natural athleticism either.. the overall talent level from both would upgrade the cb room over night.

Would love for us to get to point we donā€™t even have to entertain such a question

regardless of how Manny Diaz wants to slice it we are already at the point where we our recruiting WRs to play cb... might as well start with some of the WRs already on the roster.

Advertisement
Back