Wide Receiver Recruiting

Advertisement
Britt is a camp legend. Has never done anything in pads but always performs well in 7v7. Manuel is a physical specimen but kinda seems low. Burton and Robinson are legit. Burton more of a speedster and Robinson is comparable as a prospect to Redding. The drop off from those guys to Redding isn’t big if there is one at all. Fleming I think is a different type of receiver but pound for pound he might be better than all except maybe Burton. I think all are better than Worsham who seems like the guy we will finish with except Britt. I wouldn’t take Britt based on what I have seen from him in pads.

Advertisement
Britt is a camp legend. Has never done anything in pads but always performs well in 7v7. Manuel is a physical specimen but kinda seems low. Burton and Robinson are legit. Burton more of a speedster and Robinson is comparable as a prospect to Redding. The drop off from those guys to Redding isn’t big if there is one at all. Fleming I think is a different type of receiver but pound for pound he might be better than all except maybe Burton. I think all are better than Worsham who seems like the guy we will finish with except Britt. I wouldn’t take Britt based on what I have seen from him in pads.

Ain’t no kinda about it , dude is slow as molasses. A friend of mine has reffed him multiple times , says the kid is enormous but speed is a huge issue .

Burton is the most atheltic out of the list and fastest. Redding close behind him with elite measurables at 6’1 194 4.49 40 41 inch vertical. Redding is definitely more atheltic than Robinson and those other receivers you listed after burton.

Advertisement
Burton is the best of the aforementioned players and our current commits. He’s legit. Manuel is all hype. Robinson is good but he can rot in tally for all I care. Fleming daz and Redding together are a great class with multiple skill sets and great athleticism. Add in Restrepo and that’s a great finish

Questions for all you guys who fancy yourselves wide receiver experts, Paranos no big chick pics please. How do the wide receivers we have committed now stack up against Manuel, Britt, Robinson, and Burton? Are the guys we have now solid or are we gonna have to sweat any of them until the end?

Manuel - Torn on this kid at WR. Doesn't appear to have the agility or speed for an every down WR, nor the physicality for TE. If he can play his size and get a little more physical he's still a matchup problem either way if he can actually hold onto the ball.
Britt - Not very good
Robinson- Pretty good , decent athlete. I'd put him on par with Redding.
Burton- Has been rumored to have qualifying issues. Also has commitment issues with HS teams and college choices. SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEED for days.

Advertisement
Questions for all you guys who fancy yourselves wide receiver experts, Paranos no big chick pics please. How do the wide receivers we have committed now stack up against Manuel, Britt, Robinson, and Burton? Are the guys we have now solid or are we gonna have to sweat any of them until the end?

Well that removes the anxiety/suspense!

They appeared to have Manuel working out some at TE at Paradise Camp
Britt never high on.
Burton is the goods.
Robinson was solid, but Redding appears more polished and bigger so it equals out.

This wr class appears to be setting up to be really good...and Stubblefield is finally at a school where it really isnt hard to recruit a wr.

Advertisement
I remember people here writing that Burton had some character issues (besides the recruiting drama) but I think he’ll be an NFL player. Dude is crazy fast in and out of his breaks, looks really polished as a route runner. Still think Robinson will be a legit #1 in college. Even while Leonard Manuel was committed to the U it looked like he was a 5 star purely because he was bigger than other guy.

Britt never high on.
Burton is the goods.
Robinson was solid, but Redding appears more polished and bigger so it equals out.

This wr class appears to be setting up to be really good...and Stubblefield is finally at a school where it really isnt hard to recruit a wr.

Ivins had a note about Manuel working as TE. he asked him if that was his position now. Manuel told him he went to the TE group because there was a long line at WR....

Britt never high on.
Burton is the goods.

Agree, but Burton will stay west. Redding is good, Fleming hopefully sticks, and give me Kentron. That would be ideal. Poitier is highest upside WR probably in the nation, not just South Florida.

Agree, but Burton will stay west. Redding is good, Fleming hopefully sticks, and give me Kentron. That would be ideal. Poitier is highest upside WR probably in the nation, not just South Florida.

There is a small but vocal group on this site for Poitier, are we in wait and see mode with him for his SR. year or do they just see others above him and not willing to wait out?

Does he have the ceiling where he could explode and force his way into this class?

I'm not going to pretend to be an evaluator so I'll ask and wait.

Advertisement
Back