Why were we so bad coming off bye weeks?

Advertisement
We look liked **** in a lot of 1st quarters but after the bye was especially bad. Outscored 48-3 in the first quaters of the N. Carolina, VT and Fiu games after the bye. Is manny giving these guys too much free time in the bye or what?

Simple, we were bad coming off of by weeks because we were bad before the bye weeks, nothing complicated at all!

Advertisement
Why were we so bad coming off bye weeks?

Ummm, bad culture and a HC in training?
1581121688878.jpeg

Advertisement
Immature and ****** quarterback. No leaders.
This, frankly, is key.

A lack of leaders on the team itself as the greatest accountability comes from within. When the quarterbacks are a bunch of knuckleheads who don't take game preparation seriously and would rather party, then that trickles down to the rest of the team.

Advertisement
Performing well in openers, at the start & coming out of the half, and out of byes are all heavily influenced by being well prepared. Good teams prepare well in the off season and during bye week, and are well-oiled enough to execute scripted series' and adjust strategy after halftime. Miami obviously didn't do any of that. They were (despite obvious flaws) a very talented team relative to the competition, so they could pull off come backs and get in a roll during the season thanks to rhythm. Bye weeks break up that rhythm, and we see the results. Canes were very immature, never put in the work to prepare, and suffered the moment they fell out of rhythm.

Against UNC we got smacked in the mouth by a hyped opponent. I was proud of the way we rallied and took the lead in that game. We were a play away from a great comeback win.

But here are our initial possessions in the other games:

VT---INT, INT, INT, Fumble
FIU---INT, Punt, Downs, Downs, INT, Punt, INT

That's nine turnovers in 11 total drives to open those two games.

I see that and I still can't believe it.

How can any QB look as good as Jarren did early against UF and UNC and so utterly clueless and terrible in others. Six INTs and stopped twice on 4th and 1 to start those games. It makes the whole apathy and "too much partying" rumors look like the only logical explanation.

Hopefully the total shakeup from OC to the QB room will fix the problem.

Advertisement
Against UNC we got smacked in the mouth by a hyped opponent. I was proud of the way we rallied and took the lead in that game. We were a play away from a great comeback win.

But here are our initial possessions in the other games:

VT---INT, INT, INT, Fumble
FIU---INT, Punt, Downs, Downs, INT, Punt, INT

That's nine turnovers in 11 total drives to open those two games.

I see that and I still can't believe it.

How can any QB look as good as Jarren did early against UF and UNC and so utterly clueless and terrible in others. Six INTs and stopped twice on 4th and 1 to start those games. It makes the whole apathy and "too much partying" rumors look like the only logical explanation.

Hopefully the total shakeup from OC to the QB room will fix the problem.
This is all true but the Defense looked ****** in each of those games coming off the bye in the regular season too

The first half of that Va Tech game they looked like they forgot how to play football & had no idea there was a game on Saturday...

They looked like a bunch of kids that didn't study all year, but then showed up on test day stoned & hung over with the "oh shìt I forgot!" look on their face lol.

FIU was even worse, they looked like they came straight from G5ive to Marlins Park.

Advertisement
Back