Why we win big...

Advertisement
Florida has a ton of experience at the skill positions, they will score some points. Mullen will have the ball coming out of Franks hand quickly to negate our pass rush. We have to win the battle upfront on offense, if we can run the ball fairly successfully, I think we can win. If not, we are in for a long night trying to score points with a young QB and two freshman OTs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
some of us still living off the buzz from the 80' and early 2000's. I wish no more than a blow out but could accept a 1 point win. I am hopeful that our offensive woes will be remedied with competent coaching and scheming. I think our defense will be fine. What was missing on offense last year was consistency, some imagination, and player development. I think we have those things in place now.

Would love for this game to be a Gurvan Hall coming out party.
It is actually a legit concern for me that he is going to get ejected for targetting. like i really think theres a 50% chance. But it might be worth it if he puts Trevon Grimes in the dirt

Florida has a ton of experience at the skill positions, they will score some points. Mullen will have the ball coming out of Franks hand quickly to negate our pass rush. We have to win the battle upfront on offense, if we can run the ball fairly successfully, I think we can win. If not, we are in for a long night trying to score points with a young QB and two freshman OTs.
100%. We absolutely have to establish some type of run game. Have to

Advertisement
Glad you are able to describe this entire board.

lol yeah i think most of us were absolutely nuts to think our coach, who's been doing this for 35 years, would actually do something and prepare in the 8 months of off-season to improve the team.

included in that lunacy was expecting our 5th year senior QB to build upon his 2017 season and actually improve, and for our punter to be able to kick the ball more than 15 yards consistently.

there isn't a single human being in this fan base that expected that sh*t show. not 1. you can be the most self proclaimed objective fan alive, NO ONE saw that coming.

My only concern is depth on the D side...especially at corner and LB. I keep hearing that they plan to play an uptempo style of offense. If we can stuff the run, then feel free and go uptempo to go 3 and out and get the ball back in the hands of our capable offense. If they get some traction and first downs, my hope is that we can sub at the CB position to give those guys a breather from time-to-time if there WRs are running downfield every play to gas our CBs before a pass is actually thrown. Hopefully the experience with the 3 Senior LBs goes to provide us with an immovable front 7, rendering their plan ineffective.

Advertisement
My only concern is depth on the D side...especially at corner and LB. I keep hearing that they plan to play an uptempo style of offense. If we can stuff the run, then feel free and go uptempo to go 3 and out and get the ball back in the hands of our capable offense. If they get some traction and first downs, my hope is that we can sub at the CB position to give those guys a breather from time-to-time if there WRs are running downfield every play to gas our CBs before a pass is actually thrown. Hopefully the experience with the 3 Senior LBs goes to provide us with an immovable front 7, rendering their plan ineffective.

yeah if we can keep pace with them defensively and limit their run game, our LB's aren't coming out and neither are the DB's. if they keep dinking and dunking and getting 1st downs, that depth issue may arise.

Watching Mizzou walk in and blow the doors off at UF last year on replay showed me everything.

In our world it would have been like UVA walking into Hard Rock and beating us by nearly 30 last year. Let that sink in

As others have mentioned, if this game were in a few weeks I'd feel better about it than I do. I don't like starting a RS Freshman at QB in a game of this magnitude, who knows how he'll respond.

Advertisement
Back