Why we will beat the gators in the regionals...

He was a little higher on UF today on D1’s podcast, but he definitely thinks its a toss up. He likes Florida’s performance of late better, but he’s way more optimistic about Miami than anyone on this board.
Maybe Fitt was the one that kept knocking us down to a three seed in their projections every week then

Advertisement
He was a little higher on UF today on D1’s podcast, but he definitely thinks its a toss up. He likes Florida’s performance of late better, but he’s way more optimistic about Miami than anyone on this board.
He doesn’t watch this team as much as anyone on this board. I understand the ACCT doesn’t mean anything to some people, so just scrap those two games for the sake of this post. Even when we were winning the GT and Louisville series, we weren’t scoring. We don’t have enough pitching to withstand this offensive drought in a regional. The bats have to show up and they haven’t. It’s hard to be confident.

Keep in mind when looking at next year’s roster that baseball got relaxed transfer rules too. The deadline to enter the portal is July 1.
Gino had better find several more CDCs then. I actually think the pitching will be Ok, especially if Jake Smith returns but I doubt he will.

We returned essentially every position player w the exception of Pitelli (while adding Yoyo, CDC and indoor cages), yet struggled all year to score runs and get clutch hits. Something is broken w our approach, coaching, strength and conditioning, etc. when it comes to developing our hitters.

It's still not too late to inject some new blood in the lineup.
Toral, Pitelli and Jenkins are not useful at the moment.
6 of Toral's 28 RBI came in one game and he's 2nd in Ks to Pitelli.
Jenkins is 1-22 with 0 runs scored since the GT series.

@Gooner#44 thoughts?

Born LF
Vilar SS
Delly CF
Morales 3B
Del RF
Gil DH
Kayfus 1B
Perez C
Izarra 2B
Why was Lala back for the ACC tourney?

Advertisement