Why we will beat the gators in the regionals...

Advertisement
Two years ago we were talking about what it would take to beat the #1 seed, then we couldn't even win our first game. We should probably get that one out of the way before worrying about Florida.

1622485090082.png

The ole one game at a time speech! Thanks I forgot that first game was important.

Advertisement
Not an easy draw, but much better than 2019.

South Alabama is not a pushover, however, UF also faces a team that can beat them in USF, so I think both us and UF will be throwing our #1 starters in Game 1.

We know we can win in Gainesville, that definitely helps. But this team has been so up and down that there's probably as good of a chance we go 0-2 as there is we win.

For whoever wins this, an overseeded Texas team will be a great super draw

Not an easy draw, but much better than 2019.

South Alabama is not a pushover, however, UF also faces a team that can beat them in USF, so I think both us and UF will be throwing our #1 starters in Game 1.

We know we can win in Gainesville, that definitely helps. But this team has been so up and down that there's probably as good of a chance we go 0-2 as there is we win.

For whoever wins this, an overseeded Texas team will be a great super draw
There is a much better chance we go 0-2 than win.

0-2 without ever seeing the Gaytas is likely.

I'm betting on 1-2 and bbq.

Win the first game, then "No Mas"

We will NEVER, EVER, beat the Gaytas in a Regional. Thats why they put us in Gainesville

Advertisement
0-2 without ever seeing the Gaytas is likely.

I'm betting on 1-2 and bbq.

Win the first game, then "No Mas"

We will NEVER, EVER, beat the Gaytas in a Regional. Thats why they put us in Gainesville

Can't you just stick to the WEZ? God ****. You guaranteed we'd lose the series to them earlier this year, now another guarantee? lol

There is a much better chance we go 0-2 than win.

Ok, I mean this team is playing with house money anyways. You and half the other posters have guaranteed 0-2. If that's what happens, then that's what you expected.

Win though and you, @SmokeyRone, and a few others will be in complete despair, and it will be amazing.

Ok, I mean this team is playing with house money anyways. You and half the other posters have guaranteed 0-2. If that's what happens, then that's what you expected.
When I hear that phrase, to me it means that a team has already overachieved, and any wins moving forward are just a bonus. Is that what you meant?

Advertisement

Win though and you, @SmokeyRone, and a few others will be in complete despair, and it will be amazing.
First, I'm not guaranteeing anything. Second, underachieving and winning enough to get a 2 seed is not playing with house money.

It's still not too late to inject some new blood in the lineup.
Toral, Pitelli and Jenkins are not useful at the moment.
6 of Toral's 28 RBI came in one game and he's 2nd in Ks to Pitelli.
Jenkins is 1-22 with 0 runs scored since the GT series.

@Gooner#44 thoughts?

Born LF
Vilar SS
Delly CF
Morales 3B
Del RF
Gil DH
Kayfus 1B
Perez C
Izarra 2B

It's still not too late to inject some new blood in the lineup.
Toral, Pitelli and Jenkins are not useful at the moment.
6 of Toral's 28 RBI came in one game and he's 2nd in Ks to Pitelli.
Jenkins is 1-22 with 0 runs scored since the GT series.

@Gooner#44 thoughts?

Born LF
Vilar SS
Delly CF
Morales 3B
Del RF
Gil DH
Kayfus 1B
Perez C
Izarra 2B
I dunno what to think. Reading the off season stuff on Born I thought he could be an every day guy but he has not shown much. It's sad this team has no one better to leadoff.

Honestly I would throw this at the wall and see if it sticks:
CDC - CF
Vilar - 2B
Morales - 3B
Gil - RF
ADC - C
Kayfus - 1B
Toral - DH
Pitelli - SS
Lala - LF

This region is not "unwinnable"

Advertisement
I dunno what to think. Reading the off season stuff on Born I thought he could be an every day guy but he has not shown much. It's sad this team has no one better to leadoff.

CDC - CF
Vilar - 2B
Morales - 3B
Gil - RF
ADC - C
Kayfus - 1B
Toral - DH
Pitelli - SS
Lala - LF

I like it unless the opposing team throws a LHP. At this point I would rather see Born strike out every at-bat than see Jenkins, Lala, Rivera strike out every at-bat. Same for Kayfus/Toral.

Last edited:

CDC - CF
Vilar - 2B
Morales - 3B
Gil - RF
ADC - C
Kayfus - 1B
Toral - DH
Pitelli - SS
Lala - LF

Intrigued by this but is it realistic that Gil can play RF?

Intrigued by this but is it realistic that Gil can play RF?
I don't honestly know but I have seen lesser "athletes" put out there. I needed his bat in the lineup, so that's where I stuck him. IF I were trying this he would take a lot of fly balls in practice to find out.

@Gooner#44 assuming there's a mass exodus following this season, how do you gauge next year's rooster?

Pitching should be improved with most everyone coming back but does this look like a contender?

1B Kayfus
2B Izarra
SS Pitelli
3B Morales
C Perez
DH Thomas
LF Born
CF Long
RF Frank

Advertisement
Back