Why we should win out

Title should be why win out through this season and next.

How many senior starters are we losing? 3 on defense if you count Knowles and just KJ on offense?

We should be in great shape next season starting game 1. Only worry would be the WR position.
We start with Bama next year... so, starting game 2...

Advertisement
I just want some of our 2nd and 3rd stringers to get snaps in the FIU game. They've really only had one game this year (BCU) to get film. Get up by 35 at half time, pull starters after first score in third quarter, let the backups have their moment.
Especially positions like linebacker where we have seniors playing. A little real game experience will help tremendously.

Title should be why win out through this season and next.

How many senior starters are we losing? 3 on defense if you count Knowles and just KJ on offense?

We should be in great shape next season starting game 1. Only worry would be the WR position.
Our WR will be very good .

Advertisement
Yeah booooyyyy

I’m headed to El Paso with nothing on but a bolo tie, cowboy boots and a pair of click clacks.

Crossin into Juarez stuntin half back passes on the cartel my boy.

Pullin all the *** with google glass bo

Grew up in El Paso.

If you go to Juarez, walk down the strip about 1/2 mile - on the left - go to the florida bar. Classsy joint. Also, on the right , just before that go to the Kentucky club - been there for over 100 years. That's where we went when we were in highschool.

Get some horse **** cigarettes too. classic.

Don't talk to the taxi drivers who put out the "La Travestia" sandwich signs - that's the donkey show. don't. I wish I hadn't.

GT was a fluke.

Defensive TD. Fake punt TD. Three missed FGs.

One of those in a game, ok. Two is crazy. Three is a Wtf.

But five things?

That’s not happening again.

GT also had drives of 72 and 56 yards where they came out with 0 points. Miami didn’t statistically dominate at all. Miami outgained GT by a whole 12 yards.

And Manny claimed after the game that Miami was defending against a potential fake, but GT succeeded anyway. Therefore, you can basically count the fake punt as a defensive play.

Advertisement
plunge 2.gif

GT also had drives of 72 and 56 yards where they came out with 0 points. Miami didn’t statistically dominate at all. Miami outgained GT by a whole 12 yards.

And Manny claimed after the game that Miami was defending against a potential fake, but GT succeeded anyway. Therefore, you can basically count the fake punt as a defensive play.

Yet they still only scored 7 offensive points. No matter was said a punt is a special teams play.

Even the excessively poor tackling was a fluke. We’ve had it sporadically but never to that extent.

The greater point is we had a half dozen out of the ordinary, scoreboard changing plays in one game and that’s very, very unlikely to happen again.

Yet they still only scored 7 offensive points. No matter was said a punt is a special teams play.

Even the excessively poor tackling was a fluke. We’ve had it sporadically but never to that extent.

The greater point is we had a half dozen out of the ordinary, scoreboard changing plays in one game and that’s very, very unlikely to happen again.

Missed FGs are bad plays by Miami. They aren’t good plays by GT (unless they’re blocked), but they are bad plays by Miami. Therefore, you could call the missed FG good luck for GT, but can’t call them bad luck for Miami.

Anyway, are you going to comment on how we’ve gotten outgained by 49 vs Louisville, 71 vs UVA and 114 vs Pitt, but won all 3? Or does that not fit your narrative of Miami being unlucky?

Last edited:
Advertisement

Something tells me that you were calling for Golden to be retained as coach even after the Clemson game. Although probably under a different username.

Dude you’re Sebastianbird. You just got banned under another name like yesterday.

Go away doofus.

Yeah. Everybody who isn’t thrilled with Dias is a troll with multiple accounts.

Whatever.

You probably claimed the same thing about anybody who wanted Golden fired.

Advertisement
We are not making the orange bowl. People need to stop these scenario games haha. Happens every year :)...unfortunately

Have you read what it would take for us to make the Orange Bowl? Or you're just seeing the words "Orange Bowl" and are assuming we can't make it?

I'll assume the latter, so let me summarize the Herald and PBP reports for you. It's actually extremely realistic.

1) The OB has to take the ACC champion, unless the ACC champion goes to the CFP.
-> Clemson is almost certainly going to the CFP

2) The OB then has to take the highest ranked ACC team, per the CFP top 25.
-> There likely won't be any. Currently there aren't any, and the only teams that still have a shot (Wake, UVA, Pitt, and VT) will either all play each other, meaning they will lose another game to a mediocre team, or still have to play Clemson (regular season or ACCCG), meaning their last game will be a blowout loss. UVA, Pitt, and VT are all locks to end up with 4+ losses, and Wake is looking like a coin flip between a 3-loss season or a 4-loss season. Without any big Ws, Wake will probably be unranked in either scenario.

3) In the case that there is no ranked ACC team besides a CFP-bound ACC champion, the OB can take whichever team they want. I believe the team they choose needs to be within 1 game of the team with the best record that does not get selected, although I'm not positive about this
-> Per SP+, Miami has a 65% chance of winning its last two games. I think most of us would be upset if Miami lost to either FIU or a slumping Duke team. It is reasonable to expect Miami to win its last two games and finish 8-4
-> In that case, Miami would be at 8-4, with every other team either 9-3 (Wake), 9-4 (loser of ACCG), or worse. This makes Miami eligible for the OB
-> I don't know which team the OB would prefer (9-3 Wake, 9-4 or 8-4 VT/UVA/Pitt, or 8-4 Miami), but I think we would have a good shot

Which part of that seems unreasonable to you? It hadn't even crossed my mind as a possibility until last night, but once I read the details it seems extremely plausible.

Have you read what it would take for us to make the Orange Bowl? Or you're just seeing the words "Orange Bowl" and are assuming we can't make it?

I'll assume the latter, so let me summarize the Herald and PBP reports for you. It's actually extremely realistic.

1) The OB has to take the ACC champion, unless the ACC champion goes to the CFP.
-> Clemson is almost certainly going to the CFP

2) The OB then has to take the highest ranked ACC team, per the CFP top 25.
-> There likely won't be any. Currently there aren't any, and the only teams that still have a shot (Wake, UVA, Pitt, and VT) will either all play each other, meaning they will lose another game to a mediocre team, or still have to play Clemson (regular season or ACCCG), meaning their last game will be a blowout loss. UVA, Pitt, and VT are all locks to end up with 4+ losses, and Wake is looking like a coin flip between a 3-loss season or a 4-loss season. Without any big Ws, Wake will probably be unranked in either scenario.

3) In the case that there is no ranked ACC team besides a CFP-bound ACC champion, the OB can take whichever team they want. I believe the team they choose needs to be within 1 game of the team with the best record that does not get selected, although I'm not positive about this
-> Per SP+, Miami has a 65% chance of winning its last two games. I think most of us would be upset if Miami lost to either FIU or a slumping Duke team. It is reasonable to expect Miami to win its last two games and finish 8-4
-> In that case, Miami would be at 8-4, with every other team either 9-3 (Wake), 9-4 (loser of ACCG), or worse. This makes Miami eligible for the OB
-> I don't know which team the OB would prefer (9-3 Wake, 9-4 or 8-4 VT/UVA/Pitt, or 8-4 Miami), but I think we would have a good shot

Which part of that seems unreasonable to you? It hadn't even crossed my mind as a possibility until last night, but once I read the details it seems extremely plausible.
cant the OB take ND also

Here are the offenses we have played and will play this year without BCU which does not count. FIU and Duke are two of the worst. You would argue we should dominate them as a result. However, we all know what happened against Georgia Tech. Our defense has been playing well. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. We have played a pretty easy slate of offenses this entire year. For those complaining about the yards given up against Louisville I hear you but they are the best at moving the ball we have and will face all year. I have heard a lot of people post we could get an Orange Bowl game by some luck box scenario. Be careful what you wish for. Whoever we face in that game will be better than this slate of "offensive powerhouses".

That is a fair point, but advanced rating systems take that opponent quality into account. FPI has our defense at 29 and SP+ has it at 16. Traditional stats have it in the same range.

So yes, maybe our defense is playoff-caliber, but it's still quite good.

Advertisement
Back