Why we should win out

jackedaround

Junior
Here are the offenses we have played and will play this year without BCU which does not count. FIU and Duke are two of the worst. You would argue we should dominate them as a result. However, we all know what happened against Georgia Tech. Our defense has been playing well. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. We have played a pretty easy slate of offenses this entire year. For those complaining about the yards given up against Louisville I hear you but they are the best at moving the ball we have and will face all year. I have heard a lot of people post we could get an Orange Bowl game by some luck box scenario. Be careful what you wish for. Whoever we face in that game will be better than this slate of "offensive powerhouses".

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 111
Advertisement
Advertisement
We are not making the orange bowl. People need to stop these scenario games haha. Happens every year :)...unfortunately

Didn't we go to the orange bowl back to back years? Plus I wouldn’t mind it, good for recruiting and we’re on primetime

Advertisement
Well, FIU is FIU. As for Duke, their pass defense is pretty decent, but they are weak against the run. Offensively, they are very average at both the run and pass... The only concern is if its cold...i.e. its a long walk from the locker room according to the Onion.

Advertisement
GT was a fluke.

Defensive TD. Fake punt TD. Three missed FGs.

One of those in a game, ok. Two is crazy. Three is a Wtf.

But five things?

That’s not happening again.

The three missed FGs is definitely on the table, unfortunately, if they're from 35+ yards.

I just want some of our 2nd and 3rd stringers to get snaps in the FIU game. They've really only had one game this year (BCU) to get film. Get up by 35 at half time, pull starters after first score in third quarter, let the backups have their moment.

Advertisement
It's really not that complicated. We should win out because our schedule is garbage. And we should not have lost 4 games, because our schedule is garbage.

Its even worse next year. LOL.

(to answer the question, we have one game left. Duke. We are going to stomp FIU. Butch caught us in a really down year for his program. The only question is whether Manny is going to try to embarrass Butch or if he will tell Enos to let up in the 4th quarter. I know there are people at Hecht who want to kill the Butch Davis ghost walking around that place for good so I wouldn't doubt if there were some admins telling him to hang 50 if he can. The atmosphere should be fun. Night game in Little Havana? Just like old times!)

I fully expect it to be a dogfight but for us to prevail in the end over Duke due to our defense putting on a big time performance.

8-4. Not what we wanted BUT all things considered, we will just take it and keep building. Close the Dec recruiting class strong. Win the bowl game shortly thereafter, close the Feb recruiting class strong, get the boys hyped going into Spring on a 6 game win streak and probably a preseason top 20 ranking with loads of confidence going into 2020. (also getting guys like Bolden and Lo back 100% healthy in time for Spring ball is priceless)

Title should be why win out through this season and next.

How many senior starters are we losing? 3 on defense if you count Knowles and just KJ on offense?

We should be in great shape next season starting game 1. Only worry would be the WR position.

Advertisement
Back