Why we need to make the playoffs this year, now or never

OrangetieFatface

Thunderdome
I know a lot of you think once we’re “back” this will be an every year thing,

It’s not 1979, south Florida isn’t our special exclusive little recruiting haven.

FSU, Clemson and VT aren’t going to all have inexperienced freshman quarterbacks.

This defense is special and this offense is fine but boring and predictable. I’ll take it.

I’ll especially take it if Rosier embraces his role as an Urban Meyer quarter/fullback.

This year isn’t going to happen often. Now or never. Let’s do it.

Show out.

Advertisement
I think in similar ways. Why not this year? Why not this team?

However, I don't think this team is going anywhere. There's so much young talent here and more to come. So it is not now or never. It is now and maybe more.

It’s not 1979, south Florida isn’t our special exclusive little recruiting haven.

FSU, Clemson and VT aren’t going to all have inexperienced freshman quarterbacks.

This defense is special and this offense is fine but boring and predictable. I’ll take it.

I’ll especially take it if Rosier embraces his role as an Urban Meyer quarter/fullback.

Show out.

Call me crazy but I think we are the 4th playoff team losing to #1 ........and winning it all next year!

Just a prediction.

Advertisement
Now or never?

200.gif

Now or never? This team is loaded with young talent. Most of the impact players will be back next season.

There’s tons of teams loaded with young talent.

We’re actually undefeated with three games left in the regular season.

We will never be the old canes, or the current bama, or whatever delusion our fandom provides us.

This is it. No clue when this opportunity comes up again.

Big difference between “why not now” and “now or never”.

Whatever happens this year, we’re going to be terrifying next year.

Imagine if Richt can get a special quarterback.

Partner that with a typical attacking Miami defense and it could be dynastic.

Advertisement
Big difference between “why not now” and “now or never”.

Whatever happens this year, we’re going to be terrifying next year.

We may be terrifying but we probably won’t be 8-0 with two cupcakes left. Be realistic.

This isn’t an ordinary season or opportunity.

Wait, is there any question that we win it this year? When have we ever played for next year. These kids are going for it all. This was still not our best game. We made lots of mistakes and still won large. The biggest thing I saw was seeing menfolk playing on out defense. People were getting hurt out there and it was not our guys. We brought pain and delivered. That Dline is as good as any in the country and the secondary is getting better better. Who would have thought that a three great LBs would be noticed. What is going to happen when they decide they want to bring it too.

I keep telling people that all that matters in college football is the win column. You'll never figure the rest of this **** out. Win pretty, when ugly, win big, win small, just win.

Show out.

Now or never? You tripping b

Advertisement

Show out.

“Never” is strong nites, but this isn’t typical. This isn’t “just wait till these kids grow up next year”.

It’s time now.

Show out.

“Never” is strong nites, but this isn’t typical. This isn’t “just wait till these kids grow up next year”.

It’s time now.

You aren't taking into account that Miami can't evolve or get players too. Yes, take advantage your opportunity this year if it presents itself but it don't mean Miami won't ever have another opportunity.

Advertisement
OP talking like we Auburn with Cam Newton.

Respectfully...ain't no Heisman candidate on this team who we will absolutely suck without and have to recover from. Closest thing to that is McIntosh/Norton duo but I trust that we'll be able to reload with the guys behind them.

Imagine if Richt can get a special quarterback.

Partner that with a typical attacking Miami defense and it could be dynastic.

Yep. We have holes including depth at rb, TE, and ol. But our biggest weakness is an elite qb. We saw first hand today why our offense is the way it is and why people crying about play calling are clueless. Put deshaun Watson on this team and we're winning this game 40-7 and 3rd in the polls.

Advertisement
Back