Why we need to make the playoffs this year, now or never

Advertisement
We're currently 8-0 with a QB people literally said they were "depressed" about winning the job.
Our preseason MVP on offense was lost to a season-ending injury.
We're thin on OL.
Our best WR and one of the most dynamic, offense-changing players in the nation is clearly hobbled.
We're thin at S.
Our sophomore LBs have gone through ups and downs.
We're soon to grab the most talented recruiting class in the nation and one of the most talented I've ever seen in 25 years of following Canes recruiting.

Unless something really unusual and messed up happens, this is merely the beginning, brother.

Last edited:
While we are a year early, I definitely expect to be in this situation on a yearly basis. Maybe not ALWAYS undefeated this late in the season, but I expect us to be in the conversation for the playoffs every year for the foreseeable future...

I know a lot of you think once we’re “back” this will be an every year thing,

It’s not 1979, south Florida isn’t our special exclusive little recruiting haven.

FSU, Clemson and VT aren’t going to all have inexperienced freshman quarterbacks.

This defense is special and this offense is fine but boring and predictable. I’ll take it.

I’ll especially take it if Rosier embraces his role as an Urban Meyer quarter/fullback.

This year isn’t going to happen often. Now or never. Let’s do it.

Show out.

This is a special team and a special season. We may be thin at spots and have certain key players hurt (and out) but this team is really starting to feel like a team of destiny. It would be great if they finish the race strong.

Now, if we continue to keep a high % of South Florida's elite talent at home and supplement that with selective national recruiting (at an elite level) we will have another dynasty that will be competing consistently with Alabama and other elite teams for the national title. In the "U" 30 for 30, they said if we kept the best talent from the State of Miami at home we would never lose another game. While that may be a slight exaggeration, it certainly means that we can be a perennial powerhouse with the right AD and the right coach (which we have now & could have for a long time).

Advertisement
Now or never? We 6-0 in conference play and Mark Richt players ain't even here yet and FSU recruiting starting to nose dive.

I think in similar ways. Why not this year? Why not this team?

However, I don't think this team is going anywhere. There's so much young talent here and more to come. So it is not now or never. It is now and maybe more.

This is literally Mark Richt's second full recruiting class coming up.

suddenly we have to win with more than half the roster full of Golden players?!?

GTFO... takes a while to create a foundation of greatness after 14 years of mediocrity!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back