Why trouble lies ahead...

Eh, we've been great at not allowing long plays in past years, because the defense was geared to allow dinks and dunks all the way down the field. Now we are taking more chances and playing more one gap, which means your run fits and angles need to be crisper. We also play more man which leads to more shots from the other team.

Most of what Nebraska did was on Armstrong breaking contain and making something out of nothing.

The red zone issues on both sides trouble me more than anything else.

We can't continue to settle for FG and allow touchdowns on D

"great at not allowing long plays in past years"

I would be interested in seeing some stats on that.
I feel like we have not been great at anything related to defense in the last five years.

Advertisement
Eh, we've been great at not allowing long plays in past years, because the defense was geared to allow dinks and dunks all the way down the field. Now we are taking more chances and playing more one gap, which means your run fits and angles need to be crisper. We also play more man which leads to more shots from the other team.

Most of what Nebraska did was on Armstrong breaking contain and making something out of nothing.

I feel like we have not been great at anything related to defense in the last five years.

5th in the country last year on opponent "big plays" (20+ yards)

what was our rank for plays that are 5-10 I'm pretty sure we were high on that

Thank you.

Not that high actually...somewhere in the 30's off top of my head

Advertisement

Not that high actually...somewhere in the 30's off top of my head

thats surprising, i thought it would have been higher

We need to convert more third downs, and that's all there is to it. We get that stat up, we could win ALL of our games. Keep it where it is, and we WILL lose 3-5 games.

Not all opponent turnovers are "created". When you're thriving on punt returners muffing punts and QBs throwing the ball directly to your DBs in lieu of wide open receivers, that sort of luck has a way of evening out over the course of a season.

Forcing turnovers is way different than reaping the benefit of unforced errors by your opponent.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
90% of the time Nebraska threw downfield, someone was wide open. They just happened to be dropping them in the 1st half

as well as getting met with bad intentions from our safeties. Some of those drops were from vicious hits.

90% of the time Nebraska threw downfield, someone was wide open. They just happened to be dropping them in the 1st half

Not true. The majority of first half "drops" were from good coverage and closing and our DBs lighting guys up at the point that the ball arrived. Getting separated from the ball is not a drop. The DBs (safeties, specifically) were hitting like hammers.

Not true. The majority of first half "drops" were from good coverage and closing and our DBs lighting guys up at the point that the ball arrived. Getting separated from the ball is not a drop. The DBs (safeties, specifically) were hitting like hammers.

ummmmm

Sorry.

Yes it is a drop.

Not all opponent turnovers are "created". When you're thriving on punt returners muffing punts and QBs throwing the ball directly to your DBs in lieu of wide open receivers, that sort of luck has a way of evening out over the course of a season.

Forcing turnovers is way different than reaping the benefit of unforced errors by your opponent.
Man its a part of football. See Ole Miss TD against Bama...Burns interception was lucky ? Bush interception was lucky ? stop trying to nitpick every single positive thing we have for negative sh*t. You dont have to complain about every little thing just because golden sucks

Advertisement
Back