Why trouble lies ahead...

Gamineal

All-ACC
we played 2 cupcakes and one unranked 1-2 school

here are some troubling stats and facts

First the good stuff ( turn over margin)

We number 1
sacks 13th,,,,most Fau/BCU

the ugly moving forward

we are 62 in the country giving up 3rd downs

90th in allowed 4th down conversions

70th giving up long plays

long rushing plays allowed 90th in the country

long passing plays allowed 50th

opponents red zone conversion 90th in the country

Penalties 97th

Advertisement
Advertisement
Very pleasantly surprised that we are creating turnovers. I don't think anyone would have predicted that.

Defense still leaves a lot to be desired. Jekyll and Hyde right now. They looked lights out for 3.5 qtrs..then looked like trash for the last 8min..

I don't know if you can blame that all on the kids. The coaches have to take some responsibility for the complete breakdown.

Very pleasantly surprised that we are creating turnovers. I don't think anyone would have predicted that.

Defense still leaves a lot to be desired. Jekyll and Hyde right now. They looked lights out for 3.5 qtrs..then looked like trash for the last 8min..

I don't know if you can blame that all on the kids. The coaches have to take some responsibility for the complete breakdown.

the defense went to crap right when deon got booted, he is a huge part of our D that no one talks about he was all over the field yesterday, i blame the coaches for some of the coverages behind the blitzes, he had a good one on the 2 point conversion but the safeties got confused on who to cover, the play before it was cover one and carter drifted on the side where the blitz wasn't going on caused a open lane and he did flinch before making the play, i would have put him one on one with the free wide out

Again you see golden soon his **** poor defense on the offense not maintained drives. This defense has made 2 avg teams look good. We have no pass rush this soft zone is garbage. The penalties are bad killing drives. This has been the same now for the last 4 years

Advertisement
Eh, we've been great at not allowing long plays in past years, because the defense was geared to allow dinks and dunks all the way down the field. Now we are taking more chances and playing more one gap, which means your run fits and angles need to be crisper. We also play more man which leads to more shots from the other team.

Most of what Nebraska did was on Armstrong breaking contain and making something out of nothing.

The red zone issues on both sides trouble me more than anything else.

We can't continue to settle for FG and allow touchdowns on D

90% of the time Nebraska threw downfield, someone was wide open. They just happened to be dropping them in the 1st half

Advertisement
3-0 Every game forward is and adventure. Stats vary from game to game. A lot of the long rushing plays were due to Armstrong. We lost our best 2 defensive players in Bush and Grace at the end there. We were 15th in the country last year in yds allowed per game. Stats dont tell alot of the story.

To be fair when you say we beat a 1-2 team....we handed them one of those losses, and the other loss was on a last second hail mary to a pretty solid BYU team who hung toe to toe with a top 10 ranked UCLA team this past weekend and only lost by 1 POINT.

90% of the time Nebraska threw downfield, someone was wide open. They just happened to be dropping them in the 1st half

when you are one on one like we were most of the time in the 4th and the QB breaks contain it is so dam hard to keep up with the wideout that goes back to the QB, also if the coverage you are playing against is set to cover a certain route and the QB moves out of the pocket its going to leave guys open, those wide open plays were on zones a couple in man and they all had the QB out of the pocket

Advertisement
meh. FSU, Clemson, georgia tech all look vulnerable. I still don't think Al Golden is the answer, but I think we have a good chance of gene chiziking our way into a ACC championship.

The good news is we are UNDEFEATED!!!!!! The bad news is, AL Golden is still our frigging HC. We are talking oil and water here, they don't mix.

we played 2 cupcakes and one unranked 1-2 school

here are some troubling stats and facts

First the good stuff ( turn over margin)

We number 1
sacks 13th,,,,most Fau/BCU

the ugly moving forward

we are 62 in the country giving up 3rd downs

90th in allowed 4th down conversions

70th giving up long plays

long rushing plays allowed 90th in the country

long passing plays allowed 50th

opponents red zone conversion 90th in the country

Penalties 97th

This all falls on Golden and he's gotta get it fixed.

Advertisement
Back