Why top prospects continue to leave the state of Texas

That dude reminds me of @JBCanes-NC ... he’s
sassy trailer park boys GIF

I would appreciate it, if you refrain from tagging me out here on this **** board. Thanks

Advertisement
My goodness; I’ve been trying to tell u guys for yrs that the bag theory is a bull chit excuse. Some of u live in this O&G glass house & r absolutely fixated that the big bad boogie man carry a brown paper bag is the reason y we can’t consistently get top recruits. Now U’re seeing what a known big booster school in TX is going through; why? B/c they ain’t producing on the field or in the draft. Guess what? USC is going through the same chit, bleeding So Cal kids & WC kids to Bama, Oregon, Washington, OSU.

Kids flocked to us not b/c of some over analyzed Pell-grant bull chit or that bytch *** Nevin Shapiro. They flocked to us b/c we were winning. We were winning & absolutely flooding The NFL w/ top rated talent. Those r the facts.

U have 3-4 yrs to provide tape to NFL scouts. Most teams will automatically give u a higher grade once u play for a top tier school. These guys r not going to risk their careers to play for home teams IF home teams ain’t producing.

100 percent!

We want to be elite again, we gotta start producing on the field. It's not an overnight thing, but once we get there we've gotta sustain it.

Kids are switching high schools to play for winners. Why in the **** would anyone sign in to a school that isn't winning? It's the hometown team, get out of here with that. They wouldn't even suit up for their boys they grew up with, they left for greener pastures.

100 percent!

We want to be elite again, we gotta start producing on the field. It's not an overnight thing, but once we get there we've gotta sustain it.

Kids are switching high schools to play for winners. Why in the **** would anyone sign in to a school that isn't winning? It's the hometown team, get out of here with that. They wouldn't even suit up for their boys they grew up with, they left for greener pastures.

Thank u!

Advertisement
My goodness; I’ve been trying to tell u guys for yrs that the bag theory is a bull chit excuse.

Some of u live in this O&G glass house & r absolutely fixated that the big, bad boogie man carrying a brown paper bag is the reason y we can’t consistently get top recruits. Now U’re seeing what a known big booster school in UT is going through; why? B/c they ain’t producing on the field or in the draft. Guess what? USC is going through the same chit, bleeding So Cal kids & WC kids to Bama, Oregon, Washington, OSU.

Kids flocked to us not b/c of some over analyzed Pell-grant bull chit or that bytch *** Nevin Shapiro. They flocked to us b/c we were winning. We were winning & absolutely flooding The NFL w/ top rated talent. Those r the facts.

U have 3-4 yrs to provide tape to NFL scouts. Most teams will automatically give u a higher grade once u play for a top tier school. These guys r not going to risk their careers to play for home teams IF home teams ain’t producing.
Thats borderline the single most important part. Do bags help? Sure.

But we see it with us all the time. We win and get good recruiting classes. We lose and players bounce. And that happens everywhere.

Remember, kids: Mississippi State got caught paying bags to players. If they do it, almost everyone does it.

Thats borderline the single most important part. Do bags help? Sure.

But we see it with us all the time. We win and get good recruiting classes. We lose and players bounce. And that happens everywhere.

Remember, kids: Mississippi State got caught paying bags to players. If they do it, almost everyone does it.

Thank you, and spot on.

Bags “help”, but they are not the reason. Have we’ve seen some overt bagmen like SMU & most recently, Ole Miss? Sure. But as u pointed out, Miss St was passing out bags, but do we see top kids consistently going there? **** no; why? B/c MSU sucks as a program. Mullen made them semi competitive, but MSU sucks. Hence, regardless of bags, they consistently rank 24th - 30th in their recruiting.

Bagmen r there, we know that; but, this interview proves that no matter the resources, no matter the boosters, if a school sucks on the field, no matter if they r the home team or not, kids ain’t going.

Ppl act like Bama is all of sudden getting kids b/c of bags. Ummm, I’m pretty sure Bama almost got the death penalty due to rogue boosters in the early 2000’s under Mike Dubose. They were hit w/ sanctions in the mid 90’s due to impermissible benefits to a former player. From 1999 - Saban’s hire, Bama’s avg. recruiting class was 21st in the nation. Why? B/c they sucked, bags be damned.

Last edited:
"He’s a generational quarterback the Longhorns are going to miss out on again."

FWIW, I had to laugh after I read this. Ewers is, in no way shape or form, a generational quarterback at this point. Not a ******* chance.

If you’re from the Dallas area or North Texas in general, then Oklahoma is pretty much “in state.”

Norman is probably closer than Austin....it’s about a 2 hr drive and DFW is full of OU grads.

Check out the red river rivalry game sometime, played at the cotton bowl in dallas. It’s at least 1/2 OU fans.

Another issue for UT is that the rest of the state has a love/hate relationship with Austin. Trying to get a kid from Permian to go to UT is like trying to get a kid from Pensacola to go to Miami. Austin is liberal and artsy, but most of the state is rural and red.

Final point is that Texas is huge. You could probably fit five Floridas in the landmass of Texas. It used to be its own country...it’s almost laughable to call it a state at all. It’s massive and very diverse. So needless to say, not everyone loves UT, or gives a **** about Austin.

Advertisement
If you’re from the Dallas area or North Texas in general, then Oklahoma is pretty much “in state.”

Norman is probably closer than Austin....it’s about a 2 hr drive and DFW is full of OU grads.

Check out the red river rivalry game sometime, played at the cotton bowl in dallas. It’s at least 1/2 OU fans.

Another issue for UT is that the rest of the state has a love/hate relationship with Austin. Trying to get a kid from Permian to go to UT is like trying to get a kid from Pensacola to go to Miami. Austin is liberal and artsy, but most of the state is rural and red.

Final point is that Texas is huge. You could probably fit five Floridas in the landmass of Texas. It used to be its own country...it’s almost laughable to call it a state at all. It’s massive and very diverse. So needless to say, not everyone loves UT, or gives a **** about Austin.

The cotton bowl is always 1/2 OU fans because they consider it a neutral site game like UF and UGA

I agree with you on everything else...

FWIW, I had to laugh after I read this. Ewers is, in no way shape or form, a generational quarterback at this point. Not a ******* chance.
Highest rated HS QBsince Vince Young, according to the lonked article.

Advertisement
My goodness; I’ve been trying to tell u guys for yrs that the bag theory is a bull chit excuse.

Some of u live in this O&G glass house & r absolutely fixated that the big, bad boogie man carrying a brown paper bag is the reason y we can’t consistently get top recruits. Now U’re seeing what a known big booster school in UT is going through; why? B/c they ain’t producing on the field or in the draft. Guess what? USC is going through the same chit, bleeding So Cal kids & WC kids to Bama, Oregon, Washington, OSU.

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

There's a lot of contributing factors as to why Texas is missing out on so many in state kids. But that also goes for nearly every talent rich state.

Florida
Texas
California (SC did a better job in 21 but 19 and 20 not so much)
Georgia

Bama, Clemson, and Ohio State get who they want from where they want. That's not going to change until someone knocks them off.

Advertisement

Lots of excuses .

Its the flagship school for the state and they are a flop.

For as big in land mass the state it is...they arent or shouldnt be in the conversation with the state of florida when it comes to Football

Every year there is a new "generational" QB, which always makes me laugh. Guess it depends on how you define a generation.

Every year there is a new "generational" QB, which always makes me laugh. Guess it depends on how you define a generation.

Right, b/c I believe T Lawrence was considered a generational QB. Lol. Just like every b-ball player is getting a shoe deal, I feel every 4-5 yrs, a QB is getting crowned generational.

Advertisement
Back