Why they don't want Miami to win

You kidding? Our defense is likely the best to challenge Bama. OU won't magically improve because it's the playoffs.

Advertisement
theres an element of traditional Miami hatred, but I think the bigger factor is money and wanting a more regionalized representation in the CFP, and theres no bigger push than in the midwest, I'm guessing theres a massive revenue implication in having a team from the midwest in as seen by the continual inclusion of Big 10 and 12 teams... a CFP with Bama, GA, and Miami is a nightmare financially

BECAUSE HATE & DISRESPECT TRANSLATES WE'RE 2 STEPS CLOSER TO BEING BACK....

Advertisement
The only "They" that hate Miami are the opponents & fans on our schedule..

If we in we we're number 3 and if the rest of the season goes without a hiccup the number 1 and 2 teams play in the SEC championship and we play Clemson for the ACC title.

If we win this weekend what makes you think we move to 3? TCU and OU are ranked 5 and 6 and play this weekend too. You can bet your *** the winner of that game moves into the top 4 and Clemson stays with a win over FSU.

Mayfield is probably gonna win the hiesman and when playoffs come their defense will play better.

A team just doesn't pull a defense capable of playing with Alabama out of their ***. Oklahoma is 75th in points allowed per game, giving up an astounding 28.2 ppg. And it's not just the "good" teams lighting up that defense.

1-8 Baylor doubled their season scoring average against OU
5-4 K State laid 35 on them
4-5 Texas Tech had 27
and last but not least,
5-3 Iowa State put up 38

The reasons they don't want us to win are a lot bigger than the perception of the playoff.

Just who exactly is this faceless "THEY" we keep hearing about.

Hey we could lose to ND, then beat Clemson in the ACC Championship and get in that way, Or it's possible that Auburn beats UGA this weekend, we win and we are than at #4 .
A lot of football still to be played with more chaos anticipated

Advertisement
Dumb question, which would benefit Miami more, having OU or TCU win? I'm assuming TCU, but the committee wouldn't then leap frog them over us would they, when we beat ND?

If we lose to Notre Dame and beat Clemson the committee may be pieces of **** and put TCU ahead of us if they beat OU. I️ think there’s a decent chance Wisconsin loses one so it may come down to us, OU, and TCU. If Tcu beats OU they win out. If OU wins they still run into WVU. Probably better for us if OU beats TCU. No doubt the committee would include two sec teams, Notre Dame and a team without a conference championship game over a one loss Miami ACC champion that just beat Clemson

There's a chance OU and TCU play twice.

The Big 12 created a conference championship game, and there is a good chance for an OU-TCU rematch. The loser of this week's game has a tie breaker over Oklahoma State.

The best case scenario is OU and TCU meet in the Big 12 CCG and split their games, and both have 2 losses.

Last edited:
The reasons they don't want us to win are a lot bigger than the perception of the playoff.

Hey we could lose to ND, then beat Clemson in the ACC Championship and get in that way, Or it's possible that Auburn beats UGA this weekend, we win and we are than at #4 .

All of the people out there who want us lose, and you want me to make a list? How about this, THEY is anyone who's not a Canes fan.

All of the people out there who want us lose, and you want me to make a list? How about this, THEY is anyone who's not a Canes fan.

Hmm, must have touched a nerve

We need TCU to beat OU and then OU to beat TCU in the B12 Championship, or vice versa. They need to give each other two losses to remove them from the equation. But if we win out and in the ACCCG we dont have to worry about anything.

Advertisement
Doesn't really matter where we are in relation to the playoff after we win this weekend. We still need to qualify as the Coastal representative for the ACC so if Clemson is ahead of us (I kind of hope they are) we would still play them. I don't mind the playoff rankings and us being ranked where we are. I think the team doesn't like it but kind of enjoys the fact that people keep doubting them and have the mindset of "Oh yea? You think they are better and we are lucky? What this!" Boy are playing with a chip on their shoulder and winning.

They don’t want us to win cause they hate what we represent. A big City, small private U with a huge set of balls!!! No way anyone can stop us if we run the table and dispense Clemson in the ACCCG. At that point they’ll have no choice but to let us in the big game.

Mayfield is probably gonna win the hiesman and when playoffs come their defense will play better.

Better than 661 yards and 52 points?

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Russians involved in this somehow. What they want is not clear. Don't be surprised if you see a fake dossier on one of the Heisman contenders before it's all over.

Russians involved in this somehow. What they want is not clear. Don't be surprised if you see a fake dossier on one of the Heisman contenders before it's all over.

Playoff committee members have been seen with Russian officials. Somebody probably has those pictures somewhere.
Only a matter of time.

Why is this cuck still posting on the boards? Miami in his name, joined Nov 2017, and the majority of his posts are either anti um or pro saying how other teams are going to beat us when we play them

The trolls have come out in full force in November. Someone please send this clarinet connoisseur to the band

Hmm, must have touched a nerve

I've been breaking my rule of not watching ESPN, right now pretty much everything touches a nerve.

Advertisement
Back