Why the holding out

HamptonVACane

Recruit
Liberty City, Brock, D Money, Pete, Franchise
Why does it seem the staff is holding out on offering these other CB, WR's that you all seem to think they should be offering? We know Folden gave everybody but the right ones, but this staff seems to be behind the eight ball on offering anyone?

Advertisement
Liberty City, Brock, D Money, Pete, Franchise
Why does it seem the staff is holding out on offering these other CB, WR's that you all seem to think they should be offering? We know Folden gave everybody but the right ones, but this staff seems to be behind the eight ball on offering anyone?

I think the proper thing is to wait until SR highlight tapes come out and then "EVALUATE" who has EARNED and offer... you have to make the scholarship worth something again...the spots are limited... And if you offer a kid a he may want to take a spot that you could have reserved for someone else...

I understand but if they don't think Harley is a game changer they're dumber than I thought

Advertisement
They are smart to be patient. Establish contact with emerging local guys, continue evaluating and keep trying to land top guys like Henderson.

I think the ultimate goal is to make a Miami offer mean something again... Golden was giving out offers to any and everybody esp at his camps... Then when he didn't want them anymore because they sucked he would burn bridges along the way. If we offer Collier, Roberts, etc. and then Brini and Henderson decide they want in then what do you do? You push them out and now all of a sudden you got a ****ed off high school.

I'm not sure why it seems to only affect us (sofla hs coaches are pussified?). Considering programs like Bama, OSU, Mich w/ Harbaugh, etc. put fake offers out there all the time and end up cutting recruits loose last second before signing day all the time. When we do it we got people like Ice Harris, Uncle Luke, and these other "coaches" out there making it a huge deal.

They trust their evaluation process...

It's a marathon, so I see why they're patient with some prospects, but I think they drop the ball when it comes to expecting some of these kids to just flock to them on their call.

My point is always to bet on the sure thing & not make a fool of yourself hoping a top tier 4/5-star is just going to sign with you come NSD.

That's not to say we shouldn't go after elite croots, but it always looks bad when you miss on those kids while you have good prospects in your backyard that you passed on in pursuit of recruits that you didn't even land.

It's a high risk, high reward type game... If you know for a fact that an elite prospect is going to come later down the line, then you can hold off on offers to underrated local kids.

The problem with that is, we're Miami & we pretty much almost always get ****ed in the end, so it's not really the best strategy.

I'm holding out high hopes that this staff has the capability to pull off some big moves by February, I don't agree with all their moves, but I'm willing to give them time to see if it all works out.

It's just one of those situations where as a fan you hope they're not setting themselves up to be embarrassed on NSD.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You killed your credibility when you included Brock in your OP.

Seriously though, no reason for Harley not to have an offer.

Feeling my way around here. Do not want to offend anyone.

Lol well don't be soft on this board . This board is full of savages and the other Golden slurpers .Most of been kicked other boards so don't worry about feelings here . Than you got the geeks who sit around just to point out proper grammar and misspelled words. ( Shalala lovers)

Last edited:
Advertisement
As long as they keep the kids feeling special and not neglected they can offer late and steal guys from Illinois and Iowa.

Problem is when you ignore guys and then try to swoop in on signing day when you don't get the fax you thought you were going to get. Then you wind up with James King and Junior Alexis.

I was wondering how brock ended up there...may as well have thrown Paranos in there for good measure

I'm sure he would have a super hot take on the topic at hand

Advertisement

Smh I don't understand why posters hate me on this site lol. Ima keep doing me man regardless

It's because you're a layman that insists on adding your 2 cents to every single thread. It also doesn't help that you were Al Golden's biggest supporter until the very end.

Smh I don't understand why posters hate me on this site lol. Ima keep doing me man regardless

It's because you're a layman that insists on adding your 2 cents to every single thread. It also doesn't help that you were Al Golden's biggest supporter until the very end.

False I have posted post multiple times from 2013 and 2014 of me not being a golden supporter and being against him. People just ran with that faulty narrative.

Be strong bro, you held on to the pro Golden thing longer than most people here . So it'll take time to wash that stank off lol. It's America , everybody gets a second chance.....eventually.

Honestly , I'm surprised you stayed here or just didn't change your screen name. Gotta respect dat.

Advertisement
Back