Why so serious rb depth

butchs'revenge

Freshman
Everyone is disturbed bout our RB depth, like they're playing Madden or something. When is the last time Miami had to rely on a 4th string RB at any point in a season? We got our main man Walton and the next guy up in Homer, and a couple guys after that, what's the problem?

Advertisement
Of coarse. If we are on the 4th rb we are in trouble. But we do need to sign 2-3 next season .

A) it opens up play calling possibilities if you have multiple weapons in the backfield. B) better to have a weapon and not have to use it than need it and not have it

This is only considering if Gus transfers but, we have Walton (starter), Homer (? unproven), Choc (JAG), Burns (Frosh/Only carried the ball 20 somethin times in 4 years).

If that isn't a big ******* problem to you guys then ****...I don't know how to spin it.

This is only considering if Gus transfers but, we have Walton (starter), Homer (? unproven), Choc (JAG), Burns (Frosh/Only carried the ball 20 somethin times in 4 years).

If that isn't a big ****ing problem to you guys then ****...I don't know how to spin it.

Burns played his freshman and sophomore year.... so he carried the ball more than that... just has been hurt the last 2 years

Advertisement
Everyone is disturbed bout our RB depth, like they're playing Madden or something. When is the last time Miami had to rely on a 4th string RB at any point in a season? We got our main man Walton and the next guy up in Homer, and a couple guys after that, what's the problem?

I'd say the nightmare scenario is if Walton gets hurt before the season, but until that happens I'll be sleeping easy.

Depth is paper thin. No injuries to Walton and Homer and we are good to go. Either one of them go down it will be an interesting season with a rookie qb

Advertisement
another RB is needed one who can run,catch and pick up a blitz down the middle...

If that isn't a big ****ing problem to you guys then ****...I don't know how to spin it.
yes but any recruit would of been unproven also. Walton and homer as 1/2 isn't bad, home has homerun speed also. choc hasn't proven anything but is a big bruiser who could be used in short yardage and yes burns has injury history but if healthy has a lot of talent.

yes the rb depth could be an issue if Walton does get hurt Edwards transfers homer all of a sudden becomes a bum which he wont and choc and burns either cant stay healthy in burns case or in choc's can't get off bench even with huge injuries at rb, the rb position is unproven but that happens every year in college somewhere, Miami at wr has Richards, and berrios who have done anything but no one worries there.

Advertisement

If that isn't a big ******* problem to you guys then ****...I don't know how to spin it.

Homer is less unproven than the additional guy we would have brought in this year. You've labeled Gray a JAG but the additional guy we would have brought in this year could be the same. Burns has a bad injury history. So did Whoopi McFartland.

That extra 3rd team RB wasn't going to make or break us this year.

If Homer's performance on special teams is any indication of his abilities at RB, we're set for 2017 with he and Walton.

Advertisement

That's what disturbs me

Advertisement
Back