Why same play 4th down ?

GOCANES05

Recruit
Did this bother anyone here same play same out come , with roosters speed did it ever occur he might be able to get outside for one yard ?

Please help me to understand the same hand off play .

GOCANES

Advertisement
Did this bother anyone here same play same out come , with roosters speed did it ever occur he might be able to get outside for one yard ?

GOCANES
I'm close friends with former Cane Great Tony Fitzpatrick...this is what he texted me after the garbage play calls....." Let's run it up the middle when the interior OLmen are stepping sideways smh"....

87EC3F2D-F707-43B2-8F84-543771996CBC.jpeg

Nothing precludes Lashlee from having Classic power formations in his playbook. This is on his stubborn ***. It’s also on Manny for not making sure that his OC doesn’t have a short yardage package.

Advertisement
Part of the problem is our offensive line is not taught how to push the pile, which is legal.
Plus they looked tired, we had 70 plus offensive plays.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just watched Justin Herbert and the LA Chargers defeat my Philly Eagles. There were 2 critical 4th downs during the game with the biggest with less than 2 minutes in the game. Both times Herbert was under center and ran QB sneak for 1st downs.

GAME OVER.

GOCANES
This is the same staff that used a timeout for nc st to score to end the first half and still has us fair catching punts at our 5 yard line. Not sure if that helps understand why we run the same play but should show why Narduzzi was so embarrassed after being beaten 3 times by manny

Advertisement
Just watched Justin Herbert and the LA Chargers defeat my Philly Eagles. There were 2 critical 4th downs during the game with the biggest with less than 2 minutes in the game. Both times Herbert was under center and ran QB sneak for 1st downs.

GAME OVER.
Man, the old fashioned QB sneak would work every time. Teams are so **** used to snapping the ball back 6 yards and having time to get upfield that they wouldn't even know what they were looking at if the QB goes under center. It's simple, really. You need 1 yard, or less. If you snap it back 5+ yards, that means you have to go that much further to get the first down. Unless you're actually going to pass out of the shotgun formation on 3rd or 4th and short, just sneak that SOB from under center.

This is an easy question to answer. It's because Lashlee is a joke of an OC, that honestly doesn't know how to play situational football. He has some of the worst in game instincts I've ever seen. It's 4th down, you need a yard and the box is stacked. Why wouldn't you give yourself the best shot at a 1st down by NOT RUNNING INTO THE TEETH OF THE DEFENSE? Oh, that's right, it's because Lash is a gimmick playcaller that belongs at a random midmajor.

In a 4th and short situation, you shouldn't be running out of the shotgun. Secondly, giving your tailback some help in case something breaks down would be nice(IE a **** fullback or TE as an HBack), and utilizing some motion to force the D to adjust would be in order as well. Miami just comes out in the set, doesn't throw in some eyecandy and then runs straight ahead with a guy that is small as ****(Rooster). Brilliant nonsense. GT was DARING Miami to hit the tunnel/bubble screen, and Miami didn't even bother. You need one yard. Go Trips with your best blocking TE as one of the receivers flexed out, force GT to either adjust(Which means they have fewer in the box), or you take the easy throw and pick up the 1st down.

Advertisement
Back