Why Richt Could be the GUY

Advertisement
Am I alone in thinking he's a bad fit here? And I mean all football stuff aside.

I just can't see him and his family vibing with the Miami lifestyle and people. I live in Georgia and he's all Ford pickup trucks and Christian humility. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but seems a bit square peg, round hole that way.

Last edited:
Georgia is one of the schools with the most players arrested year in and year out. Not sure if thats a coach or a school problem, but it may be something that works against Richt during the process.

Can people stop with this "in sec"...dude is in the sec east...that was essentially a one game division with uf who he could t run through.

I'll take Richt...but if he ain't winning there it doesn't equal a difference in the acc...I keep seeing that though. He won this in sec so it means he will win 2x that here... Every bowl season we see that same tough division of his look like sh-t

Advertisement
Am I alone in thinking he's a bad fit here? And I mean all football stuff aside.

I just can't see him and his family giving with the Miami lifestyle and people. I live in Georgia and he's all Ford pickup trucks and Christian humility. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but seems a bit square peg, round hole that way.

Back in 2007 when Georgia scored their first TD on Florida, he let his whole team run on the field and celebrate as a **** you type of thing....I think he would fit fine

I live in Georgia and I'm surrounded by UGA fans. I have a lot of friends who are huge UGA fans. The overwhelming sentiment about Richt is that he's an extremely mediocre coach. Many have been calling for his firing for years, and most of my friends who are UGA fans flat out despise him. They will be laughing their asses off if UM hires him. I've been hearing about his shortcomings for a long time now, and the thought of him being UM's coach scares the **** out of me.

Advertisement
Do you guys live under rocks? He has said that he is not interested in coaching when his gig at UGA ends. He and his wife will move on to missionary work or some such Gods plan stuff. Gawd.....

Can people stop with this "in sec"...dude is in the sec east...that was essentially a one game division with uf who he could t run through.

I'll take Richt...but if he ain't winning there it doesn't equal a difference in the acc...I keep seeing that though. He won this in sec so it means he will win 2x that here... Every bowl season we see that same tough division of his look like sh-t

He's been there for awhile, since 2001. The first half of his tenure, the east won more than the west. The second half, all west.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back