Why Not Winston Moss

We know and clearly see Manny's privileged/buddy Blake Baker is incapable handling the job.
Why not Winston Moss? He checks ALL the list of needed qualifications:

Former Cane Great (check)
Played for and coached by former Great Canes DC and Assistants (Check)
Played in the NFL (check)
NFL Assistant Coach for top NFL DC (Check)
NFL Linebacker Coach (Check)
NFL Assistant DC (Check)
NFL DC (Check)
XFL Pro League Head Coach (Check)

Come on fellas and ladies! Manny needs to do the right thing and bring in Moss and his chosen assistants to give our kids professional caliber developing and coaching.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We know and clearly see Manny's privileged/buddy Blake Baker is incapable handling the job.

NFL Assistant DC (Check)
NFL DC (Check)

Come on fellas and ladies! Manny needs to do the right thing and bring in Moss and his chosen assistants to give our kids professional caliber developing and coaching.
Billy D, I'm going to knock back a Colt 45 tall boy in honor of this post and dream about this happening.

The expectation of Baker being fired for the defense’s performance since he’s been here is 1 of the most unrealistic takes that I’ve ever seen on this or any other board. I’m still waiting for someone to show me evidence of a DC ever being fired for putting up stats close to ours? It hasn’t happened and unless the D takes a massive step back to finish the season, it’s not going to happen.

And if it did somehow happen, why would any other DC want to come here where you get fired for having an above average defense? Where fans call for your job after every game, regardless of how many points the other team actually scores?

This fanbase deserves coaches like Fat Al and No D.

Advertisement
The expectation of Baker being fired for the defense’s performance since he’s been here is 1 of the most unrealistic takes that I’ve ever seen on this or any other board. I’m still waiting for someone to show me evidence of a DC ever being fired for putting up stats close to ours? It hasn’t happened and unless the D takes a massive step back to finish the season, it’s not going to happen.

And if it did somehow happen, why would any other DC want to come here where you get fired for having an above average defense? Where fans call for your job after every game, regardless of how many points the other team actually scores?

Only on this dumbass site can you give up 14 points and people think you should be fired.

The average college football team scores about 28 PPG. That's usually pretty close to about the dead middle in PPG for the last couple years. But by all means, you definitely should be fired if your defense gives up 14. That does make total sense.

Imagine what would happen if the child geniuses here found out Clemson gave up 17 to these dudes in 2.5 quarters. Thank god that kind of info isn't readily available.

NFL Assistant DC (Check)
NFL DC (Check)

I'll ask you again since you didn't answer the last time i quoted you and asked this question.

You seem to be banging and beating this drum a lot......what makes you think that Winston Moss, who hasn't been in the college game or coached in the college game, wants to come to college and be a college DC after being in the pro game his whole professional career?

Can you answer that? Has he ever given any indication that he'd come here?

I think you're reaching for straws and always bring up a hot name who isn't a real option just to push your hatred. We get it you don't like our staff, you haven't liked any staff since Dennis (don't lie you hated butch until 2001 like most on here).

Advertisement

Why do these 3 experiences matter? Howard, Jimmy, and Dennis never checked these boxes. Randy Shannon did.

Recruiting is half the job. Can he do that?

Side bar: can’t be worse than baker??
1603830345690.jpeg

Advertisement

NFL Assistant DC (Check)
NFL DC (Check)

1603830435542.gif

I'll ask you again since you didn't answer the last time i quoted you and asked this question.

You seem to be banging and beating this drum a lot......what makes you think that Winston Moss, who hasn't been in the college game or coached in the college game, wants to come to college and be a college DC after being in the pro game his whole professional career?

I think you're reaching for straws and always bring up a hot name who isn't a real option just to push your hatred. We get it you don't like our staff, you haven't liked any staff since Dennis (don't lie you hated butch until 2001 like most on here).
I have no idea Winston Moss wants or would accept The U DC job if he was to be offered. I associated with him years ago here in Tampa, but haven't seen or talked to him in 20+ years.
Having watched this DC for a couple years, IMO his scheme leaves exposure to easy 3rd down conversions, poor developer of talent and evaluation, can't make in game adjustments and certainly is not the reason recruit defenders want to come here to be coached by.
I only suggest Moss because of his connection to The U and his credentials are unarguably light years better than Blake.
I'd also bet he and his staff would be more attractive to Recruits than our current DC and Staff.
Lastly I harbour no hate, well except for this one well known narcissistic sociopath, because I know how dangerous and blind hate is. My opinion was a suggestion for a MORE QUALIFIED individual to coach. A way could could better this team and coaching. It wasn't racial. We used to less qualified persons being chosen over us.

1603830557024.gif

Advertisement
Back