Why not practice?

KOOLAID4L

Freshman
This is my theory and the Nba is also thinking the same way. Colleges are making billions of dollars every year and have medical staffs on point to handle things on the field. So why can't players get checkups every practice and then have games in a controlled environment with no fans? This way no one losses time and have to hold out on NFL DREAMS. College teams wont have to lose money on tv deals. The only thing they will lose out on ticket sales.

The NBA is thinking about having one place designated for practices and games for all teams. It would be like a Hub for all players. They will get checkups be able to train practice and play games. I think they were talking about Vegas at the university of Nevada.

Advertisement
Would be an interesting concept if every conference just had one spot where every team played and practiced. Too much of a burden on the kids though especially dealing with school on top of it all. Professional athletes are better equipped for stuff like that.

Would be an interesting concept if every conference just had one spot where every team played and practiced. Too much of a burden on the kids though especially dealing with school on top of it all. Professional athletes are better equipped for stuff like that.
I fell like that wouldn’t be smart at all. You are having hundreds of players of people at the same exact spot. If one person gets it, all those people are going are screwed.

Advertisement
The challenge is COVID-19 is highly infectious so all it takes is 1 person to test positive for everything to get shut down.

It's pretty hard to isolate thousands of personnel including players, coaches, executives, training staff, medical personnel, food staff, equipment staff, cleaning staff, security, etc. You have to do it like a bigger more extreme version of the German engineering crew from Better Call Saul, with lots of sanitation. Then you have to have the resources to test all those people constantly.

Your theory is the only way to do it but it's hardly foolproof. College athletes won't be thrilled about being kept away from family, friends, and tail. NBA athletes will be even more upset if they have to be separated from loved ones (and tail). Like Better Call Saul you could wind up with major rebellions. But chances are someone will test positive at some point anyway, and it will be a bunch more $$ down the drain.

This is the time for fans to start coming to terms with the very possible scenario of no sports for several months. Setting your expectations high is a recipe for disappointment.

Advertisement
This is my theory and the Nba is also thinking the same way. Colleges are making billions of dollars every year and have medical staffs on point to handle things on the field. So why can't players get checkups every practice and then have games in a controlled environment with no fans? This way no one losses time and have to hold out on NFL DREAMS. College teams wont have to lose money on tv deals. The only thing they will lose out on ticket sales.

The NBA is thinking about having one place designated for practices and games for all teams. It would be like a Hub for all players. They will get checkups be able to train practice and play games. I think they were talking about Vegas at the university of Nevada.
You will be OK without football. Let’s not pretend you are worried about the players NFL career.

I could be wrong but I think the OP's idea was to test prior to starting.
You aren’t supposed to be aloud in places with more than six people. To have the entire ACC in one spot would be the the biggest germ fest ever. Just because you get tested before hand, it doesn’t mean someone cant get it after and get the entire conference sick. Having everyone 1,000 people in same exact spot would be the last thing the NCAA would do

You will be OK without football. Let’s not pretend you are worried about the players NFL career.
I only watch Canes and we are not going anywhere soon, so why not just rerun games from the 80's and 90's when football was interesting. I never get tire of watching noles miss a field goal even if I have to watch psu beat us. Miami vs OU, ND, FSU, NE, and Bama games are all worth watching. Young guys could understand why us old farts have trouble dealing with this crap today.

Advertisement

Cause there are more important things in the ******* world than a football game and medical folks should be doing that. Wtf is wrong with you guys.

Here's a thought. Why not have the players take advantage of their free education instead of worrying about NFL dreams? If this has taught them anything, it should be that there are more important things in life than football. That there is life after football, and life when there is no football. Honestly, it's something many NFL players need to learn as well.

Sure.

When we don't have enough tests for everyone, when you have to have severe symptoms to get a test, we should divert thousands of tests to a bunch of college athletes so that they can get "checkups every practice" (I'm assuming you would want them to get a test before/after every practice) so that they can continue to play games because of "NFL DREAMS" (your capitalization, not mine).

Sure, let's go to extremes and divert medical supplies so 60 college basketball players and 250 college football players can keep chasing "DREAMS".

Makes sense.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Lol at Canes with NFL dreams.

OSU is and so is Texas. They are saying players are safer quarantined together. LSU completed spring.
LSU didn’t finish spring practice. Idk where you heard that from. And players are absolutely not safer if their together. That’s the dumbest thing I have ever heard. And OSU and Texas aren’t doing this. The NCAA will never allow it

Advertisement
Back