Why it’s so hard to recruit/beat Ohio State

sfcane2

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Even though they’re soft as Charmin and Ryan Day is a p…. They have an unbelievable infrastructure led by Gene Smith. The takedown of Michigan is pretty high level. This Michigan story is 100% driven by them.

You’re basically competing against a high level corporation that is completely focused on one thing.

Advertisement
Even though they’re soft as Charmin and Ryan Day is a p…. They have an unbelievable infrastructure led by Gene Smith. The takedown of Michigan is pretty high level. This Michigan story is 100% driven by them.

You’re basically competing against a high level corporation that is completely focused on one thing.
You answered your question with your last sentence.

Short Answer?

OSU 1st round picks last 20 yrs? 37
Miami 1st round picks last 20 yrs? 18

OSU 1st round picks last 10 yrs? 23
Miami 1st round picks last 10 yrs? 6

OSU record last 20 yrs? 219-39 (.848)
Miami record last 20 yrs? 152-99 (.605)

Winning matters, infrastructure matters, draft picks matter, reputation matters.

Advertisement
And yet, they have one National Title in the last 20 years and are 3-4 in Playoff appearances. There’s three teams I root for to lose every Saturday. The first two are obvious, but the other is The Suckeyes.
One against miami-football then 2014

In 2022 OSU football made 47.7 million in ticket sales and 36.5 million from their TV deal. Their total athletic department made over $250 million and they actual had a surplus of $25 million. Unlike almost every other school they actual make money from athletics.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Anyone who doesn't understand why Ohio State can beat us for recruits is just being an unrealistic homer.

Aside from the money, NFL draft success, playoff relevance and everything else being mentioned, sometimes kids just want a particular experience.

I am a UM graduate and and still live in South Florida. Despite that (and to some degree because of it) my daughter wanted nothing to do with local colleges. I couldn't have gotten her to go to UM no matter what they offered because it wasn't the experience she wanted.

She wanted to leave the state and experience a big campus and change of seasons. She ended up at ...wait for it...Ohio State and will graduate this Spring. If you have something negative to say about that I will simply respond that you can **** off because I am not an ******* that puts my desires above my kid's.

If you can't see the appeal of playing football against a traditional rival on a perfect Fall day in front of 100,000+ in a stadium right on a campus that is buzzing with energy all day...well you just have orange and green sunglasses on. ****, I will occasionally see that and be jealous. Even in my days at the Orange Bowl, the game day experience left a lot to be desired. But we were great on the field so it was worth it. I would imagine that it is even harder to get anywhere close to that at HRS with the distance being twice as far and no Metrorail.

Miami is just different. Some kids will want to to play there because they grew up dreaming of it. Some kids will want to play there because they love the weather, culture, atmosphere etc. But some will prefer something else. Get over it. You don't win them all. Take your best shot and move on.

Anyone who doesn't understand why Ohio State can beat us for recruits is just being an unrealistic homer.

Aside from the money, NFL draft success, playoff relevance and everything else being mentioned, sometimes kids just want a particular experience.

I am a UM graduate and and still live in South Florida. Despite that (and to some degree because of it) my daughter wanted nothing to do with local colleges. I couldn't have gotten her to go to UM no matter what they offered because it wasn't the experience she wanted.

She wanted to leave the state and experience a big campus and change of seasons. She ended up at ...wait for it...Ohio State and will graduate this Spring. If you have something negative to say about that I will simply respond that you can **** off because I am not an ******* that puts my desires above my kid's.

If you can't see the appeal of playing football against a traditional rival on a perfect Fall day in front of 100,000+ in a stadium right on a campus that is buzzing with energy all day...well you just have orange and green sunglasses on. ****, I will occasionally see that and be jealous. Even in my days at the Orange Bowl, the game day experience left a lot to be desired. But we were great on the field so it was worth it. I would imagine that it is even harder to get anywhere close to that at HRS with the distance being twice as far and no Metrorail.

Miami is just different. Some kids will want to to play there because they grew up dreaming of it. Some kids will want to play there because they love the weather, culture, atmosphere etc. But some will prefer something else. Get over it. You don't win them all. Take your best shot and move on.

Kobe Bryant GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back