Why isn't Butch Davis hot name for other schools?

jackedaround

Junior
Just wondering?

new.jpg

Advertisement
This has been discussed ad nauseum. Stigma from UNC scandal, age, holding out for UM job.

I do agree though it seems the most talked about candidates for the UM job are people no one wants. Cristobal Butch Chud. That's concerning.

you could use your googling prowess to find the answers. Nice troll job.

This has been discussed ad nauseum. Stigma from UNC scandal, age, holding out for UM job.

I do agree though it seems the most talked about candidates for the UM job are people no one wants. Cristobal Butch Chud. That's concerning.

Nfl teams are interested in chud as a oc.

It is. Then you have fans who flip out when legitimate candidates like Herman are mentioned.

Advertisement

And the point remains that not a single college program is even uttering the name Chud.

And the point remains that not a single college program is even uttering the name Chud.

Because most probably dont think they can pull him from the nfl. The dude just beat denver. The team with the best defense in all of football.

Advertisement
How do you know no one has contacted him? I've got buddies in Maryland saying they want Butch Davis and they heard rumors that that's who they are going to get, I've heard UCF as a possibility, and I've heard USF before they hired Taggart. I'm sure age is a big factor, UNC scandal as well.

In reality a lot of schools are looking for a young up and coming coach. Miami needs someone established as we can no longer take that chance or we are done. We have struck out 3 times in a row on that route. Most schools of Miami's caliber don't miss 3 times in a row on coaching searches. UF missed on Zook and Muschamp, got it right on Urban and McElwain.

I'm from TN and it's no different than them missing 3 times in a row, and their fans are begging for Fulmer back, yet no one else wants him. UM and UT are the only schools that have traditions of football power that I can think of missing on so many consecutive terrible coaching hires.

crossover22[]_[];2362568 said:

Because most probably dont think they can pull him from the nfl. The dude just beat denver. The team with the best defense in all of football.
He just beat Denver this weekend lmao. What about prior to that?

"Guys, the reason people haven't been clamoring for Chud at colleges for the last few years is because he just beat Denver this past weekend and they think they can't get him"

None of this means he's not a good coach. Petrino wasn't a hot name with anyone but Louisville and we know why. Raise your IQ

crossover22[]_[];2362568 said:

He just beat Denver this weekend lmao. What about prior to that?

"Guys, the reason people haven't been clamoring for Chud at colleges for the last few years is because he just beat Denver this past weekend and they think they can't get him"

He has worked in the nfl for how long?...... so what would make colleges think he will leave the nfl

I was using denver as an example to show how good of an offensive coach he is. Considering most around here act like he sucks.

Advertisement
Really the only people being mentioned are by the fans. The school and news outlets have not really said anything. The guy with the most press time is Strong.

How do you know no one has contacted him? I've got buddies in Maryland saying they want Butch Davis and they heard rumors that that's who they are going to get, I've heard UCF as a possibility, and I've heard USF before they hired Taggart. I'm sure age is a big factor, UNC scandal as well.

In reality a lot of schools are looking for a young up and coming coach. Miami needs someone established as we can no longer take that chance or we are done. We have struck out 3 times in a row on that route. Most schools of Miami's caliber don't miss 3 times in a row on coaching searches. UF missed on Zook and Muschamp, got it right on Urban and McElwain.

I'm from TN and it's no different than them missing 3 times in a row, and their fans are begging for Fulmer back, yet no one else wants him. UM and UT are the only schools that have traditions of football power that I can think of missing on so many consecutive terrible coaching hires.

who says? because you whiffed on 1 coach. look i get the point. but if florida had said we dont need an up and comer after zook look what woulda happened. no urban and no championships.

who says? because you whiffed on 1 coach. look i get the point. but if florida had said we dont need an up and comer after zook look what woulda happened. no urban and no championships.

Up and comer has nothing to do with OP's point. McElwain was mentioned as one of the hottest up and comers, just like Fuente and Herman are this year. Sad state of affair when Butch, Chud and Cristobal are who we should target. An elite program like Miami should be able to pull a hot name not some **** has been who hasn't coached in years. All of you idiots bringing up Butch are driving this program into the ground

Advertisement

Please stop with the safe hire crap. We need a great hire and we need to move this program forward. I'm so tired of the safe Miami guy hire. It's as big of a myth as all we need is a recruiter bro and the rest will take care of itself bro.

Truth is you want this program back to competing then bring in a bold hire that will take us away from the past decade of trying to out talent everyone and bring in a real coach that knows football.

I think it's because the only people "talking" about it at the moment are fans.

I think a lot of times former Miami coaches names are mentioned, and seem like more likely candidates, because they're familiar with the area/university and have more interest in the program other than a pay day. I think some of these guys would forego a few extra bucks to to win at Miami.

OP: Give it up please. We know we're you stand so stop from repeating yourself and starting more threads regurgitation the same gastric content.

OP: Give it up please. We know we're you stand so stop from repeating yourself and starting more threads regurgitation the same gastric content.

how do you know where i stand? i would be fine with a butch hire. is he the best hire? not in my book but is he a good hire? definitely.

i am asking a legit question.

Advertisement
Back