Why is this staff over recruiting the Lber position like we run a 4-4 base defense?

That comment is what's wrong with fan analysis, IMO.

What makes a football player effective is what goes on in his head. How he processes the play, how fast, how he responds laterally, vertically, avoids blockers, gets to the ball, hits, anticipates. To suggest that Shaq and Beason were almost identical players in any respect is insane, imo. Saying 'athletically' is meaningless, also. Their football speed and lateral movement and hips were wildly different. There's zero purpose to that comment.

And shaq was not a great LB here. You may be too young to recall what great LBs looked like here. he was solid, pretty good, and a really good kid. ray lewis was great here inside. morgan was. barrow was. vilma was. there's a looong list of guys who played ILB at UM who were better than shaq, and I really like shaq, but let's not re-write history.
Shaq wasn’t a great LB here?? Let me ask u because last year a lot of mofos in the base we’re talking about how the LB core would be sooo much better without shaq and always ****ted on him..how has that worked out?? Are guys making the same plays shaq did? No. You know why? Because he was one of the best LBs in the nation. To say he wasn’t a great LB is flat out wrong. To act as though he didn’t have instincts is also wrong. Shaq a only problem is he is a 6ft 240lb thumper in a different era of ball. Like I said I look at the top LBs 3 dwn in the league rn, from a size standpoint it’s wayyy different then in the early 2000s

now if you comparing shaq to Ray ofc there’s no discussion. But with Beason and others as far as production at the position at Miami it’s comparable. And if shaq was in the league in 2005, he’d more valuable to the league. Bro that’s just facts. Appreciate the discussion tho. Respect your opinion

Advertisement
Shaq wasn’t a great LB here?? Let me ask u because last year a lot of mofos in the base we’re talking about how the LB core would be sooo much better without shaq and always ****ted on him..how has that worked out?? Are guys making the same plays shaq did? No. You know why? Because he was one of the best LBs in the nation. To say he wasn’t a great LB is flat out wrong. To act as though he didn’t have instincts is also wrong. Shaq a only problem is he is a 6ft 240lb thumper in a different era of ball. Like I said I look at the top LBs 3 dwn in the league rn, from a size standpoint it’s wayyy different then in the early 2000s

now if you comparing shaq to Ray ofc there’s no discussion. But with Beason and others as far as production at the position at Miami it’s comparable. And if shaq was in the league in 2005, he’d more valuable to the league. Bro that’s just facts. Appreciate the discussion tho. Respect your opinion
You are exhibiting a number of logical flaws in your argument. For example, you're discounting the possibility that while Shaq was not a 'great' LB here, the guys filling his role today are less talented than Shaq was. That would solve the equation for you pretty nicely, tbh. Doesn't require him to have been great.

Matter of fact, production wise at Miami it’s no comparison between shaq and Beason. Shaq was more productive..so yea shaq belongs in the convo

Matter of fact, production wise at Miami it’s no comparison between shaq and Beason. Shaq was more productive..so yea shaq belongs in the convo
Beason only got referenced because he was our last all pro sent to nfl. if you notice, my example list of ‘great’ ILBs at UM didn’t include him. It was lewis, morgan, barrow and vilma who i mentioned.

Advertisement
Beason only got referenced because he was our last all pro sent to nfl. if you notice, my example list of ‘great’ ILBs at UM didn’t include him. It was lewis, morgan, barrow and vilma who i mentioned.
Lol aight gotchu bruh

You are exhibiting a number of logical flaws in your argument. For example, you're discounting the possibility that while Shaq was not a 'great' LB here, the guys filling his role today are less talented than Shaq was. That would solve the equation for you pretty nicely, tbh. Doesn't require him to have been great.
I’m just saying his production and play said otherwise while here. If we was winning and the O wasn’t **** he’d be viewed differently..way differently. Sometimes you can only control your play.

Advertisement
I don't think Manny tells McCloud no. I do think he should tell him that his position isn't guaranteed, though.
I would tell him to go. You either wanna be friends or u wanna win. McCloud is a liability. Now if u wanna have him serve gatorade im fine with that. It be hot down here. Rumph....same treatment. Cutthroat brah

The game changes. guys who make plays and have instincts figure it out. shaq is a great kid but he wasn’t going to be better 20 years ago. you forget what we used to have at LB. the decency bias in this fan base is amazing considering how putrid our results have been. we graduate no all pros for a decade and the new response is game changed, our guys woulda been great back when?

Also - Beason was a S in HS iirc. He’d be good in any era. And he was just okay relative to some of the UN greats at LB. I mentioned him because he was our last legit all pro (not counting graham, who wasn’t recruited for fb).
Preach

Advertisement
Get me those names Coach need to see who isn't coming here early so I won't get mad
Wesley Biss- Central
Travious Lathan- Gulliver
Melvin Jordan- Calvary Christian (Committed to Cincy)
Leon Hart - Edison
Devin Smith- Oakleaf
JayVant Brown- Deerfield
Malik Bryant- IMG Originally from Orlando went to Jones HS

These are probably the top group over the next two classes in state.

I’m just saying his production and play said otherwise while here. If we was winning and the O wasn’t **** he’d be viewed differently..way differently. Sometimes you can only control your play.
I disagree. Have watched all our LBs since early ‘80s. Shaq was good not great. we’ve had great. They tended to be recognized by the nfl and left marks there.

I disagree. Have watched all our LBs since early ‘80s. Shaq was good not great. we’ve had great. They tended to be recognized by the nfl and left marks there.
Factsg guys that are great most of the time teams know early and they perform great in the league. I hate when someone says well they need a chance in the league....also they will say he's not starting for (insert nfl team name) that HC sucks blah blah blah.....there is a reason they aren't playing and they are practice squad guys.

Advertisement
Caneville has an interview with Wesley Biss.
He said that playing early is important.
Also said the 2 schools recruiting him the hardest right now are FSU and pedopbile state.
Seider hitting him up several times a week according to him.
Said his family are all cane fans and his mom hates planes.

Factsg guys that are great most of the time teams know early and they perform great in the league. I hate when someone says well they need a chance in the league....also they will say he's not starting for (insert nfl team name) that HC sucks blah blah blah.....there is a reason they aren't playing and they are practice squad guys.
We have literally sent the best LB ever and another top 5 LB ever to the NFL (Lewis, Hendricks). Lewis is the goat. The Stork has an award named after him (DE in college, LB in NFL).

Dan Morgan was the most decorated college LB ever (Butkus, Nagurski, Bednarik) and Unanimous AA and All Pro in NFL pre-injury.

Barrow was amazing at UM, first team all american, BE DPOY, 2xNC, and played 12 years in NFL.

D. Smith was 2x second-team AA and co-Big East DPOY and 2xNC and 2x Super Bowl Champion and 12 NFL seasons.

Jessie Armstead was 4x NFL All Pro (1-2 seasons away from Canton). 2xNC. NYG Ring of Honor. 12 NFL seasons.

Jon Vilma was first team AA, Lambert Trophy, 3x All Pro, Defensive ROY, Saints Hall of Fame, National Champ at UM, Superbowl title.

Jon Beason was first team NFL All Pro, all rookie team, 3x pro bowl.

Maurice Crum was an all american.

This program's lineage at LB is outstanding. I'm a huge fan of Shaq as a person and player at UM, but you cannot credibly place him in the company of these guys in terms of on-field accomplishments, IMO.

We have literally sent the best LB ever and another top 5 LB ever to the NFL (Lewis, Hendricks). Lewis is the goat. The Stork has an award named after him (DE in college, LB in NFL).

Dan Morgan was the most decorated college LB ever (Butkus, Nagurski, Bednarik) and Unanimous AA and All Pro in NFL pre-injury.

Barrow was amazing at UM, first team all american, BE DPOY, 2xNC, and played 12 years in NFL.

D. Smith was 2x second-team AA and co-Big East DPOY and 2xNC and 2x Super Bowl Champion and 12 NFL seasons.

Jessie Armstead was 4x NFL All Pro (1-2 seasons away from Canton). 2xNC. NYG Ring of Honor. 12 NFL seasons.

Jon Vilma was first team AA, Lambert Trophy, 3x All Pro, Defensive ROY, Saints Hall of Fame, National Champ at UM, Superbowl title.

Jon Beason was first team NFL All Pro, all rookie team, 3x pro bowl.

Maurice Crum was an all american.

This program's lineage at LB is outstanding. I'm a huge fan of Shaq as a person and player at UM, but you cannot credibly place him in the company of these guys in terms of on-field accomplishments, IMO.
They love him on here because he bought into the new regime, joined us while we sucked and was a 4 year starter. But if we're keeping it real he wasn't even better than Colin McCarthy, Spence or Denzel. (and we don't consider them "greats")

Advertisement
Back