Why is it taking this long

Advertisement
The difference between our program and programs that actually prioritize winning is massive.

Yup. The programs that prioritize winning have much, much, MUCH more money than we do and don't give a rat's *** about academics.

But hey, let's continue to forget the University of Miami is a school and let's not care at all about the 100,000 alumni who paid to attend and who's degrees actually matter.

Let's pretend Miami replaced the $uckeyes in the playoffs and that we completely swapped the onfield coaching staffs with Bama since the Bama-ND game, would a Saban coached Miami beat a Diaz-coached Bama?

I'm not sure we would due to things like the off-field analysts, players, etc. Bama has

This is a great hypothetical and the answer is unequivocally no. All Bama would have to do is sit and base defense and run the same draw play over and over on offense. Our DL doesn't stop their OL over the course of a game.

This is a great hypothetical and the answer is unequivocally no. All Bama would have to do is sit and base defense and run the same draw play over and over on offense. Our DL doesn't stop their OL over the course of a game.
I agree and that's what's crazy. I don't know if I should be sad, mad, or just accept that lol.

Advertisement
I agree and that's what's crazy. I don't know if I should be sad, mad, or just accept that lol.
Talent wins football games. The best coaches are the best recruiters. And we all know Bama cheats like CRAZY in the recruiting game.

It is what it is. Either the NCAA gets it together (not going to happen), Bama suddenly decides to play by the rules (not going to happen) or Miami decides to stop playing by the rules (LMAO I think the NCAA has campus bugged at this point).

The game is not played on an even field, and it's tilting further in the direction of the Alabama's of the world.

After Bama puts 70 on us out the gate next year, does manny try to use him as a scapegoat or go down with the ship? Or a combination?

Why do you think it should be us winning the championship?
I get your point but one reason could be that since the college football playoffs have been established we’ve watched the best performing players in the biggest games mostly hail from the “State of Miami” or the recruiting grounds that we aim to dominate. Or they are at least from Florida.

The disconnect is not bags alone, more importantly it’s our administration’s penchant for hiring subpar coaching staffs and that our recruits know this and don’t trust that they’ll be developed properly and win due to this.

Advertisement
It shouldn't be for internet pressure. But after the performance of the defense, I will say some coaches should have already been relieved of their duties. Alot of the heartburn, that I see, isn't the fact that a new DC hasn't been named, but the fact the current DC is still employed. The current DC can be let go now, and still get a new DC in the not too distant future.

Yes, UM hiring/firing timelines should be based on the minimization of heartburn for internet porsters.

Again, if you gave me a simple binary decision between "fire DC immediately, possibly leading to difficulty lining up a successor" and "delay firing DC until a new DC is hired, possibly leading to difficulty with heartburn among internet porsters", I'm going with Choice #2 every time.

Either Baker will be fired by Manny, or Baker will not be fired by Manny. And I would venture a guess that if Baker is retained, a lot of porsters are going to have heartburn, regardless of the timeline.

If we merged all the threads, we would be at a million. Unfortunately the mods have a day job, and the small pittance that I provide to this site as a period sponsor cannot underwrite such a massive endeavor.

I think you are talking about posts. It's admirable, but I think that Manny wants to see Gaytor Tears pushed back to the 300th page, with the first 299 pages filled with Fire Blake Baker threads.

Advertisement
Yup. The programs that prioritize winning have much, much, MUCH more money than we do and don't give a rat's *** about academics.

But hey, let's continue to forget the University of Miami is a school and let's not care at all about the 100,000 alumni who paid to attend and who's degrees actually matter.
One thing has nothing to do with the other. Manny playing favorites with his friends who aren’t performing at their jobs has ZERO to do with money or academics. We have the money for a quality coaching staff as evidenced by hiring Lashlee last year and TRob most recently. We’ve seen this rodeo before with Golden/Dorito and Richt/his son. This is no different—arrogance and nepotism in the face of failed results.

One thing has nothing to do with the other. Manny playing favorites with his friends who aren’t performing at their jobs has ZERO to do with money or academics. We have the money for a quality coaching staff as evidenced by hiring Lashlee last year and TRob most recently. We’ve seen this rodeo before with Golden/Dorito and Richt/his son. This is no different—arrogance and nepotism in the face of failed results.

Actually, it absolutely does, and you're merely putting your ignorance on display here.

As I've posted more times than I can count now, the Board allows a certain allocation of funds for staff salaries. That number is set until it changes. With this staff, Diaz spent money on the offense and went cheap on D (obviously). This is why we have a Baker type DC. Based on the information we have now, it looks like the Board opened the purse strings a bit, which is why we see TRob, and will likely see more spent on the D staff as a whole.

It also has a TON to do with academics, as money needs to go somewhere. If you're implying that we could spend $5 million more on the staff than what we currently do, where does that money come from? Unless individuals are willing to donate directly to pay for it, it's money that is re-allocated from other places, which can easily impact academic initiatives. There is a contingent among the Board who would much rather spend that money on the University and its students, instead of on the football program and coaches, specifically. This is exactly why we spend as little as we do.

This really isn't difficult stuff.

Advertisement
Our “fans” prove their stupidity on a daily basis. Why should that have been us?

We just finished the season ranked for the 4th time in 15 years but that was supposed to be us not Alabama.

The unrealistic expectations have to stop.

Actually, it absolutely does, and you're merely putting your ignorance on display here.

As I've posted more times than I can count now, the Board allows a certain allocation of funds for staff salaries. That number is set until it changes. With this staff, Diaz spent money on the offense and went cheap on D (obviously). This is why we have a Baker type DC. Based on the information we have now, it looks like the Board opened the purse strings a bit, which is why we see TRob, and will likely see more spent on the D staff as a whole.

It also has a TON to do with academics, as money needs to go somewhere. If you're implying that we could spend $5 million more on the staff than what we currently do, where does that money come from? Unless individuals are willing to donate directly to pay for it, it's money that is re-allocated from other places, which can easily impact academic initiatives. There is a contingent among the Board who would much rather spend that money on the University and its students, instead of on the football program and coaches, specifically. This is exactly why we spend as little as we do.

This really isn't difficult stuff.
Where are you getting $5 million from? We don’t need to spend big money to replace Baker. It’s also total nonsense to say that Manny went cheap because of spending on the offensive staff...this is largely the same staff he had from when Richt was hired. Manny hired his friends, most of whom aren’t qualified to be coaching at UM, and now is hesitant to fire them. It’s not about $.

Also, you’re showing total ignorance of how university finances work. There isn’t some overarching pot of money that they spend from. Money is allocated to departments, programs, etc., as are donations. Most aren’t just donated to a school but are earmarked for specific purposes. Hiring a competent defensive staff in no way impedes academic programs.

Advertisement
Back