Why is it clear to us, but not to the coaches?

Zanecane

7th Floor Crew
You probably don't care to read all this, I don't blame you. But after that performance I needed to vent before I leave this board for the season. Ill still watch the games and support our squad, but I'm not going to invest my time into something that never changes. The fans have been bang on with their criticisms. but these coaches.. The definition of insanity...

First thing. Why did we announce a suspension for Nkosi a couple days before the game? Why create drama for something that happened in the summer? Did the players know he was suspended, did he know? We needed our guys focused on the game not reading media posts about Nkosi being left at home. Made zero sense.

These are the main things we talk about on CIS over the past couple of years about where out team is lacking.

QB: Everyone on here knew Malik isn't the answer. We preach how we are going to have an open competition but don't bring in a proven QB grad transfer or regular transfer with experience to actually provide any real competition. So Malik gets the job over a bunch of kids. The outlook for next season is not better unless we let a kid play now, at this point we have nothing to lose.

You. Don't. Hire. Family. Because. When. They. Suck. You're. Stuck.

Currently our staff is leaning towards riding this crew into next year!

Offensive Line: We apparently need to wait for the three freshman to develop. Thats outlandish. What were we doing the previous two recruiting cycles then? If you didn't think the veterans you had could play you needed to find more grad transfers that could.

Everyone on here knew Donaldson wasn't built for tackle, and we didn't do anything about it. The entire line is hurt because he is playing out of position. You don't plug a hole by creating another one.

RB/WR: they are who we thought they were. Two solid groups that are held back by the rest. @Brooklyndee I feel for your nephew. from sitowski to rosier. I think it may actually be a drop in talent.

But don't sell us on this three headed monster non sense, Travis and Dallas can play. Choc shouldn't tote the rock over lingered for any reason.

Defensive Line: We all knew tackle depth was a problem, any time Gerald willis needed a break the D-line was in trouble. The Illinois kid with discipline issues jumped offside at a critical moment, go figure. We don't have the depth to withstand a full game let alone a full season. If we are going to keep our 5 star talent on the bench at least have enough bodies to justify it. You can't tell me a gassed Pat Bethel is more disruptive than a fresh silvera.

Jess Simpson coaching his first ever meaningful college P5 game, you could see the drop from a coach Kool D-line.

Linebackers/stiker: Diaz is ruining these kids, watching them just fills gaps unnecessarily is difficult. Shaq and Pickney are going to have a very difficult time in draft prep interviews. Explaining over and over again that on every play "we filled the gap". And don't ***** when they leave early, why wouldn't they? There growth has been stunted and its not going to change with another year. The striker position didn't change the fact guys were running open in situations we played that terrible zone D. Most teams put their quickest receiver in the slot, we've got converted safeties and linebackers on them.

Cornerback: Rumph can coach? Dean was neck and neck with Sheffield for top junior college corner last year. Sheffield has developed and is playing lights out for OSU. Dean is actually the worst corner I can remember us playing significant minutes in a long time.

Right when Bandy went out we all knew we were screwed. Check the LSU vs Miami thread. Coaches fed the media lies about dean all off season.

The depth issues have been talked about on here for as long as I can remember. If you can't recruit, you can't win at this level. We went two cycles without adding enough depth. Rumph is lucky he had a bunch of legacies fall into his lap last cycle, but again it'll be a wait and see on how they develop.

Safety: Poor Jaquan, he's everything you want out of a Miami Hurricane, and he'll be leaving the program with it in just a little better shape than when he showed up. Redwine is Redwine, he's average at best. the staff has had three cycles to groom someone better but can't. Banda is just a yes man to Diaz.

Special teams: lost us the game. Everything else got exposed because of it. Short fields are a momentum shift. Short fields allow a coach to go for it on 4th down. Missed FG's (from a kid who went 4/10 last season) are crushing. Penalties on punts make you hesitant the rest of the way. I understand kickers don't miss against us, maybe its because we get zero penetration up the gut. its like they are kicking in practice.

Coaching: Play Calling on both sides is hurt by the lack of depth and talent in spots. But its year three, its all on the coaches. You don't have the horses well than you shouldn't have folded up the recruiting efforts after the early signing period last season. We could have used some experienced depth. Richt isn't smart enough to run an offence with what he has, it was pretty evident the first year he had kaaya running these same plays. Diaz is a great interview, cliches and headlines. but his D is easy to pick a part. Average QB's look elite.

Advertisement
Did Rumph really instruct Dean to play about 8 yards off his man on 3rd and 7? It was one of many sickening things I don't care to ever see again.

Why is it so clear to us, but not to the coaches? Because we don't know near as much as we'd like to think we know about football. Not speaking at you in particular. I include myself in this. We often see the effects without understanding the cause. We see a receiver running free without understanding where that guy was in the progression. We see a linebacker out of position without knowing what the call was or what thecorrect position should have been.

We see things with the benefit of hindsight. Coaches are tasked with reviewing the film and trying to teach guys how to learn from their mistakes.

We won't be winning anything with Rosier as QB, and we wouldn't be with a true freshman either.

Steady progress is enough for me. We win the coastal again for another shot at Clemson and things are ok.

Advertisement
We have too many glaring issues. It’s all on the coaches. I was done with them last year. I’m done investing my time. The aggravation ain’t worth it anymore. Almost 20 years man... ***** getting old

Just give Richt & Co. a couple more years to stock up, coach and get to the full team talent level of Troy and we'll beat LSU

Why is it so clear to us, but not to the coaches? Because we don't know near as much as we'd like to think we know about football. Not speaking at you in particular. I include myself in this. We often see the effects without understanding the cause. We see a receiver running free without understanding where that guy was in the progression. We see a linebacker out of position without knowing what the call was or what thecorrect position should have been.

We see things with the benefit of hindsight. Coaches are tasked with reviewing the film and trying to teach guys how to learn from their mistakes.

“Why is it so clear to us, but not to the coaches? Because we don't know near as much as we'd like to think we know about football.”

Fair enough...but I do know Knowles should not be playing and there was no reason for him to be in the game at that time.
Don’t understand why the coaches don’t know that.

Advertisement
“Why is it so clear to us, but not to the coaches? Because we don't know near as much as we'd like to think we know about football.”

Fair enough...but I do know Knowles should not be playing and there was no reason for him to be in the game.
Don’t understand why the coaches don’t know that.

It pains me to say this, but I don't think we're as good as most fans would like to think. I think that if Knowles can look good against our offense, then that is a damning indictment on our offense, but what else are the coaches supposed to go on?

Because if they change things it will prove we were right all along. Someone to prideful will not give in easy. Will be a slow fix but they know what's going on. They to afraid to play the young guys thinking things will be worst. At this point it needs to be youth over experience.

Advertisement
It pains me to say this, but I don't think we're as good as most fans would like to think. I think that if Knowles can look good against our offense, then that is a damning indictment on our offense, but what else are the coaches supposed to go on?

Well first I don’t understand why we are rotating safeties to begin with.
Second there is a sample size on Knowles. It’s not like it is not known. Last year the he did the same crap when he played.
Third the coaches should be able to see the athletic and physical difference Knowles and Hall/Carter.
If you must rotate the safeties (don’t know why) why must it be Knowles??

CIS posters know a lot more than coaches. I saw it on the internets. Proven fact.

CIS Posters know that a football team needs an Offensive Coordinator.

One up in the booth - who can see what the **** is going on. And knows what down it is.

When Richt was the Offensive Coordinator for FSU - his *** was up in the booth. Not on the sideline. For a reason.

Well first I don’t understand why we are rotating safeties to begin with.
Second there is a sample size on Knowles. It’s not like it is not known. Last year the he did the same crap when he played.
Third the coaches should be able to see the athletic and physical difference Knowles and Hall/Carter.
If you must rotate the safeties (don’t know why) why must it be Knowles??
Just so you know, I am not disagreeing with you. I'm just giving an alternate perspective. I'm not trying to pretend I have intimate knowledge.

Advertisement

Good thing your opinion is a clown show and just brings comedic relief.

Any more hot takes ? The earth is flat ? 911 was an inside job and Rosier isn’t awful ?

WELL I KNOW THIS YOU CANT JUDGE HOW GOOD YOUR TEAM IS IF THE ONES DONT FACE EACH OTHER.LOOSE CANNON DONT SAY YOU CANT .THATS HOW IT WAS DONE HERE BACK IN THE GLORY DAYS.ONES HAVE TO FACE THE ONES TO SEE WHERE YOUR AT IN THE SPRING AND WHAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON.YOU DO NOT WANT TO FIND OUT ON GAME DAY SAT WHERE YOUR FAULTS/weaknesses are.

We were right when we knew Coker needed to go, when Randy was in over his head, and when Golden was a fraud.

Its not the coaches dont know, its they arent good at doing anything about it whether that be coaching scheming or recruiting.

We were right when we knew Coker needed to go, when Randy was in over his head, and when Golden was a fraud.

Its not the coaches dont know, its they arent good at doing anything about it whether that be coaching scheming or recruiting.

They are obviously good 2nd half adjusting coaches. Happened all last year and last night. Just can't get prepared right.

Advertisement
Back