Why I like Cowherd

Advertisement
The stuff he said about ST was pathetic. I don't know if I could ever look at him as anything other than a POS. Him and Mike Wilbon are low lifes.

**** him.

When he apologizes to ST's family I'll listen to what he has to say.

Lulz...and yet you white knight Bortch even though he tried to use ST's death to his advantage by negative recruiting against Miami...makes sense.

Did Bortch apologize to ST's family yet?

Forget the Taylor stuff. Even that clip sucks. 99 percent of our fan base is bandwagon. Go F Yourself

Advertisement
Not gonna lie. Part of that got me a little hype. Its true. There's nothing like Miami Hurricanes football. Theres nothing that looks like, feels like, breathes like it. Even my homie who is a FSwho fan said it.

MF'er had me till he called us ALL bandwagon fans. I mean, he's basically right, but there's lots of us who live and die and bleed orange and green no matter 6-7 or 12-0. Man, we are a few wins away... one game at a time. Go Canes.

MF'er had me till he called us ALL bandwagon fans. I mean, he's basically right, but there's lots of us who live and die and bleed orange and green no matter 6-7 or 12-0. Man, we are a few wins away... one game at a time. Go Canes.

The 30-40k that have been coming to the games over the last decade are the diehards. We’ll get an infusion now of the bandwaggoners, both posting here and attending games now, and the program will happily take their money, as it’s needed.

Advertisement
even though Butch tried to use ST's death to his advantage by negative recruiting against Miami...

Most coaches are politicians. Overboard but I'd prefer cold blooded over Be a Cheeseburger any day.

He didn't disrespect ST.. he just **** on the city, which is understandable.

Butch sucks. It has nothing to do with what he said.

Mark Richt is a better version.

Silver Fox.

Hi.

The 30-40k that have been coming to the games over the last decade are the diehards. We’ll get an infusion now of the bandwaggoners, both posting here and attending games now, and the program will happily take their money, as it’s needed.

Why is Miami constantly put into an unfair comparison?

We have EIGHT THOUSAND full-time undergrads. Those are the ONLY ones who have to pay the Athletic Fee (and then get to go to the games). Those 8,000 undergrads come from all over the country because we are a private school, not a state school. We have a small alumni base living in South Florida (at least compared to what other state schools have in their own local markets).

Yet...we are constantly compared to UF and F$U, to the SEC crowds and the Big 10 crowds. And there is NEVER a comparison made to Duke, or Northwestern or Vanderbilt or Stanford or Southern Cal (private, but with double our undergrad enrollment) or Baylor (double our undergrad enrollment) or TCU or Syracuse or Boston College.

Yeah, that's it. Those are the ONLY private schools in the Power 5. The SEC has ONE. The Big 10 has ONE. The Pac 12 has TWO and the Big 12 has TWO. The ACC leads the way with FOUR private schools (five if you include Notre Dame).

So that is 10 or 11 private schools in Power 5 play. Those are the ONLY schools to which we should be compared when it comes time to discuss attendance. And I NEVER see the ESPN talking heads slamming Vandy or Northwestern or Duke or BC for their attendance.

Just us.

We have EIGHT THOUSAND full-time undergrads. Those are the ONLY ones who have to pay the Athletic Fee (and then get to go to the games). Those 8,000 undergrads come from all over the country because we are a private school, not a state school. We have a small alumni base living in South Florida (at least compared to what other state schools have in their own local markets).

Yet...we are constantly compared to UF and F$U, to the SEC crowds and the Big 10 crowds. And there is NEVER a comparison made to Duke, or Northwestern or Vanderbilt or Stanford or Southern Cal (private, but with double our undergrad enrollment) or Baylor (double our undergrad enrollment) or TCU or Syracuse or Boston College.

Yeah, that's it. Those are the ONLY private schools in the Power 5. The SEC has ONE. The Big 10 has ONE. The Pac 12 has TWO and the Big 12 has TWO. The ACC leads the way with FOUR private schools (five if you include Notre Dame).

So that is 10 or 11 private schools in Power 5 play. Those are the ONLY schools to which we should be compared when it comes time to discuss attendance. And I NEVER see the ESPN talking heads slamming Vandy or Northwestern or Duke or BC for their attendance.

Just us.

Because most of those programs haven't been as dominant as Miami?

He wasn't with us in the trenches when Folden was around, he don't know.

Advertisement

30-40k that go to games. there are tons more local fans that love the team but for whatever lame reason do not attend games. still doesn't make them bandwagon. also quite a large national fan base that of course arent going to attend games except road games.

Just us.

Why?

Because it would actually require someone in the media to do some actual critical thinking. It would require just a little effort, a little intellectual curiosity, and a few short minutes of investigation. Do you see critical thinking skills exhibited in the sports media occasionally? Or ever?

Advertisement
Another ESPN hack David Pollack threw serious shade on Miami pretty much calling them a fraud. He said Rosier is inconsistent(which is true) but he also said the defense is “not as good as advertised”.

Just us.

Because most of those programs haven't been as dominant as Miami?

Yes, but the number of students and the number of alums and the number of fans does not increase with "dominance".

Instead, we are constantly compared to state schools, and it is just ridiculous.

30-40k that go to games. there are tons more local fans that love the team but for whatever lame reason do not attend games. still doesn't make them bandwagon. also quite a large national fan base that of course arent going to attend games except road games.

If you “love” the team but don’t attend when you’re local and you can, because of some “lame” reason, as you put it, then that is the very definition of a bandwagon fan.

If you “love” the team but don’t attend when you’re local and you can, because of some “lame” reason, as you put it, then that is the very definition of a bandwagon fan.

nothing could be further from the truth. attendance at games is not the only way to earn your fan card. i have been going to games since 1989 but there are reasons someone might not choose or be able to attend and still be a great fan.

Advertisement
Back