Why I like Cowherd

Advertisement
Not gonna lie. Part of that got me a little hype. Its true. There's nothing like Miami Hurricanes football. Theres nothing that looks like, feels like, breathes like it. Even my homie who is a FSwho fan said it.

Hes telling the truth, I respect my man cuz if u going to be a dik just be yourself instead of a politically correct dude. Most people on TV 99% are diks but when that cameras on there drones, at least this dude is himself.

MF'er had me till he called us ALL bandwagon fans. I mean, he's basically right, but there's lots of us who live and die and bleed orange and green no matter 6-7 or 12-0. Man, we are a few wins away... one game at a time. Go Canes.

hes not speaking about u hes speaking of the 1%, the minute we start winning every state has miami stickers and jerseys, its kind of true but consider yourself the 1%.

Advertisement
**** him.

When he apologizes to ST's family I'll listen to what he has to say.

Lulz...and yet you white knight Bortch even though he tried to use ST's death to his advantage by negative recruiting against Miami...makes sense.

Did Bortch apologize to ST's family yet?

That's a valid point.

It's not a fair comparison.

It was Butch's job. Also, he wasn't on the radio/TV saying because of Sean's past that he was asking for trouble. What Butch said behind closed doors is, "look at what happened to ST in that City, it's dangerous." Whether that's true or not, it was Butch's job to recruit to UNC and negative recruiting is part of that.

MF'er had me till he called us ALL bandwagon fans. I mean, he's basically right, but there's lots of us who live and die and bleed orange and green no matter 6-7 or 12-0. Man, we are a few wins away... one game at a time. Go Canes.

The 30-40k that have been coming to the games over the last decade are the diehards. We’ll get an infusion now of the bandwaggoners, both posting here and attending games now, and the program will happily take their money, as it’s needed.

I've had season tix since 2002 man.

I feel you. However, it is the nature of the beast in South Florida.

Again though.....those maggots that call SFLA fans crappy never seem to discuss any other cities who have fans leaving early etc.

Lemme tell you. I don't know if you were at the Ga Tech game but that was LOUD AF! I have never seen the team and fans collectively lose their minds when the rain started falling. You could see a viscerally negative reaction from Georgia Tech. Goosebumps.

The only sure fire way to separate fan from band wagon moving forward into this new era is going to be who has a canesinsight.co registration date that is before Mark Richt was hired.

I dont care what he said about Sean Taylor. He is right on his assessment of the Canes. 100%.

America needs the Miami Hurricanes.

Last edited:
Advertisement

The 30-40k that have been coming to the games over the last decade are the diehards. We’ll get an infusion now of the bandwaggoners, both posting here and attending games now, and the program will happily take their money, as it’s needed.

Why is Miami constantly put into an unfair comparison?

We have EIGHT THOUSAND full-time undergrads. Those are the ONLY ones who have to pay the Athletic Fee (and then get to go to the games). Those 8,000 undergrads come from all over the country because we are a private school, not a state school. We have a small alumni base living in South Florida (at least compared to what other state schools have in their own local markets).

Yet...we are constantly compared to UF and F$U, to the SEC crowds and the Big 10 crowds. And there is NEVER a comparison made to Duke, or Northwestern or Vanderbilt or Stanford or Southern Cal (private, but with double our undergrad enrollment) or Baylor (double our undergrad enrollment) or TCU or Syracuse or Boston College.

Yeah, that's it. Those are the ONLY private schools in the Power 5. The SEC has ONE. The Big 10 has ONE. The Pac 12 has TWO and the Big 12 has TWO. The ACC leads the way with FOUR private schools (five if you include Notre Dame).

So that is 10 or 11 private schools in Power 5 play. Those are the ONLY schools to which we should be compared when it comes time to discuss attendance. And I NEVER see the ESPN talking heads slamming Vandy or Northwestern or Duke or BC for their attendance.

Just us.

SbEOE.gif

Forget the Taylor stuff. Even that clip sucks. 99 percent of our fan base is bandwagon. Go F Yourself

That is not exactly what he said. He said it "expands" 99% or 2 to 3 times as much as Cowboys, ND, .... He is saying that when we are good there is nothing, absolutely nothing to compare for its power to attract fans. It is that power that makes it look like of fan base is small because we gather from EVERYWHERE not just our little piece of the planet. We are unique not merely the top dog -- there is no second place when we are on top. It is all about THE U. I've been in the OB back when you needed a outfielder's arm to reach the nearest fan, but I do not take offense. The point is that when we deliver, there can be only one and we are it. Our return will be the death of all current powers and everyone will be playing with the hope of catching us on an off day, just like before and our fans will be world-wide, just like before.

The only sure fire way to separate fan from band wagon moving forward into this new era is going to be who has a canesinsight.co registration date that is before Mark Richt was hired.

Who cares. I'll take 50 million band wagon fans over a couple hundred thousand rabbit ones and I am rabbit. We get to sit back and enjoy the glow. Let them come.

There's a lot of tribal psychology among football fans that goes way beyond school allegiance. Even this far removed from the '80s and '90s, in the minds of many people Miami still represents something ideological that stirs people. We represent the anti-traditionalist, the anti-old-school, the anti-good-ole-boy, the anti-conservative. We are pro-fun, we embrace celebration, flash and excitement. We speak truth to their hypocrisy and lies.

Even in a hypersensitive era where they've done everything they can to stamp it out on the field, they know the spirit is still there all across the country within most anyone who shows an allegiance to the U, and there are a lot of them. When Miami wins, the haters seethe at our joy because to them it feels like someone is spitting on their exposed hypocritical values. We may not dance and celebrate on the turf like the old days, but our fans keep it alive everywhere.

Advertisement
**** him.

When he apologizes to ST's family I'll listen to what he has to say.

I second your notions and all that! Coward is also a RIGHT-WING egotist and what not! hUh. Yeah, yeah, yeah. This ain't the forum to get all political and so forth. So bloody what! dUh.

Advertisement

Who cares. I'll take 50 million band wagon fans over a couple hundred thousand rabbit ones and I am rabbit. We get to sit back and enjoy the glow. Let them come.

I don't even know what a rabbit fan is. Is it the new blue lot #bodybaglyfe ?

We have EIGHT THOUSAND full-time undergrads. Those are the ONLY ones who have to pay the Athletic Fee (and then get to go to the games). Those 8,000 undergrads come from all over the country because we are a private school, not a state school. We have a small alumni base living in South Florida (at least compared to what other state schools have in their own local markets).

Yet...we are constantly compared to UF and F$U, to the SEC crowds and the Big 10 crowds. And there is NEVER a comparison made to Duke, or Northwestern or Vanderbilt or Stanford or Southern Cal (private, but with double our undergrad enrollment) or Baylor (double our undergrad enrollment) or TCU or Syracuse or Boston College.

Yeah, that's it. Those are the ONLY private schools in the Power 5. The SEC has ONE. The Big 10 has ONE. The Pac 12 has TWO and the Big 12 has TWO. The ACC leads the way with FOUR private schools (five if you include Notre Dame).

So that is 10 or 11 private schools in Power 5 play. Those are the ONLY schools to which we should be compared when it comes time to discuss attendance. And I NEVER see the ESPN talking heads slamming Vandy or Northwestern or Duke or BC for their attendance.

Just us.

View attachment 52092

Even the public P5 schools in major cities like Pitt and Georgia Tech don't draw nearly as well as the rural schools.

Just us.

OC, i have actually given this quite a bit of thought over the years, and when you consider the dominance, there is no other school like Miami. I have been saying lately that TCU may be the new Miami, i took a recruiting trip there and its about the same size, lots of comparisons really, except the dominance on the grid, i really hoped that we would interview Patterson when we hired Golden. Gary Patterson is one helluva football coach

The only thing bandwagon about me is "These Nuts"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
Back