Why I haven't jumped on the Fire Golden Bandwagon?

Big Sky Cane

6th Year Senior
I felt like Golden had some serious upside when he was first hired.

He had a lot of positive qualities that I think make up a great head coach:

1.) Very hard worker
2.) Good communicator
3.) Meticulously organized
4.) Tireless recruiter
5.) Seemed competent X’s & O’s (not saying an innovator)
6.) Good contacts and relationships within the coaching community

I felt the above ingredients would be enough for him to be pretty darn successful here.

The FAN in me just really wanted it to work out this time. After the Coker and Shannon failed experiments (which I was on the front lines for firing since Day 1) I was a beaten pup. I just don’t have the energy or passion anymore. I took last week’s loss about as hard as I’ve taken a Canes loss since the OSU debacle. I’ve always recognized the naysayers points of view and agree with most of them but remained quiet (and will continue) and let it play out.

I wanted it to work so bad and wanted to give him every chance to succeed because 1.) I have ZERO faith that this administration can/will bring in a coach that will get the job done. I’m not saying he shouldn’t be let go, I’m just saying I’ve lost the faith.

I also don’t think (as much of the board does) that this is a slam dunk job and any coach can come in here and be national championship caliber. The SFL recruiting/handler scene makes me puke. All the backstabbing, gossip, paper schools....yuck. That depresses me further. If we get a solid X’s and O’s guy in he will have a great opportunity to be successful. If we win….we’ll get our fair share of kids but it’s a lot trickier than it used to be.

All in all…..it’s a depressing time to be a Canes fan.

Advertisement
You sound like a battered wife. Oh noes, I want my relationship to work out because he has beat me to a pulp so much that I just know I can't get someone else.

Advertisement
Op doesnt think a quality coach can win here... which is why he doesnt want Golden to be fired bc a true UM fan would never believe that.. Hed rather this program stay as is as long as he can continue to look at Golden on the sidelines smh

I didn't say I don't think he should be fired. I wished he would have been fired after last years PSU debacle. Just saying I have ZERO faith in this administration....do you?

We hire some other douche bag.....4 years down the road, rinse, wash, repeat. See the cycle. I'm sick of it.

None of those qualities are talents. At the end of the day, if you can't identify and develop NFL-caliber talent you're not going to be in the running.

Advertisement
Op doesnt think a quality coach can win here... which is why he doesnt want Golden to be fired bc a true UM fan would never believe that.. Hed rather this program stay as is as long as he can continue to look at Golden on the sidelines smh

Hey ******....read my post. I said I have ZERO faith the administration will pick the RIGHT coach. Never said Golden shouldn't be fired.

Clean the **** out of your eyes.

None of those qualities are talents. At the end of the day, if you can't identify and develop NFL-caliber talent you're not going to be in the running.

He had a track record of doing that at Temple. I saw that as a positive when he was first hired.

golden-girls-copy.jpg

OP is one of the slurpees who belittle people who pointed out the facts from the beginning. Dont come here with that sob shhhh! Golden gets paid over 2 million dollars to being doing this. He is not some great recruiter, he is not that smart obviously and he is out of his depth. He needs to be canned asap. Simple. You didn't want him to succeed, you wanted to be proven right after the heavy slurpage. You chose Golden despite the fact the U has been sinking under his leadership

Advertisement
You sound like a battered wife. Oh noes, I want my relationship to work out because he has beat me to a pulp so much that I just know I can't get someone else.

I was battered long before Golden came around. Shannon and Coker took care of that for him. I'm on to my third abusive parntner.

OP is one of the slurpees who belittle people who pointed out the facts from the beginning. Dont come here with that sob shhhh! Golden gets paid over 2 million dollars to being doing this. He is not some great recruiter, he is not that smart obviously and he is out of his depth. He needs to be canned asap. Simple. You didn't want him to succeed, you wanted to be proven right after the heavy slurpage. You chose Golden despite the fact the U has been sinking under his leadership

Go back through my post history please.

I felt like Golden had some serious upside when he was first hired.

He had a lot of positive qualities that I think make up a great head coach:

1.) Very hard worker
2.) Good communicator
3.) Meticulously organized
4.) Tireless recruiter
5.) Seemed competent X’s & O’s (not saying an innovator)
6.) Good contacts and relationships within the coaching community

I felt the above ingredients would be enough for him to be pretty darn successful here.

The FAN in me just really wanted it to work out this time. After the Coker and Shannon failed experiments (which I was on the front lines for firing since Day 1) I was a beaten pup. I just don’t have the energy or passion anymore. I took last week’s loss about as hard as I’ve taken a Canes loss since the OSU debacle. I’ve always recognized the naysayers points of view and agree with most of them but remained quiet (and will continue) and let it play out.

I wanted it to work so bad and wanted to give him every chance to succeed because 1.) I have ZERO faith that this administration can/will bring in a coach that will get the job done. I’m not saying he shouldn’t be let go, I’m just saying I’ve lost the faith.

I also don’t think (as much of the board does) that this is a slam dunk job and any coach can come in here and be national championship caliber. The SFL recruiting/handler scene makes me puke. All the backstabbing, gossip, paper schools....yuck. That depresses me further. If we get a solid X’s and O’s guy in he will have a great opportunity to be successful. If we win….we’ll get our fair share of kids but it’s a lot trickier than it used to be.

All in all…..it’s a depressing time to be a Canes fan.

Because Folden stands behind you at night and says, "Don't move. This will only take 2 minutes"

Advertisement
I never liked the hire I thought once we busted on Coker and RS we should of went all in not some coach who might be good. We should of went after a coach who has already proved himself in a big program not one trying to prove himself. The guy lost at Temple when he had loaded teams for his conference with a lot less talent. What did people thing he could bring to the table at Miami? We need to go all in not just a coach but one who is proven to be a winner at top notch programs. We need to keep Ice, Carroll, bring in Rumph and few others to help lock down talent and that can actually coach.

I've never read anything as pathetic. I feel for your family and friends.

Advertisement
Back