Why hasn't he been fired yet?

Too expensive to fire him. The only way it happens would be at the end of the season and we would have to lose every game from here on out.

I am guessing that you have no idea what the **** you are talking about. Thanks for your useless post.

Then please enlighten me.

Why make your OP then? You sound like you know but you don't know chit.

Then please help me understand what the problem is.

The people who make decisions are stupid and incompetent.

Advertisement
Which is too expensive:

Firing the guy now and paying a buyout, or watching 15,000 people show up to games, most of whom refuse to pay the face value of the ticket in the first place?

Either way, this cat is going to cost us money. Might as well take the course of action that attempts to recoup that money in the coming years, because keeping him and saving the buyout will completely alienate any fans who used to be interested in going to games and buying merchandise.

Which is too expensive:

Firing the guy now and paying a buyout, or watching 15,000 people show up to games, most of whom refuse to pay the face value of the ticket in the first place?

Either way, this cat is going to cost us money. Might as well take the course of action that attempts to recoup that money in the coming years, because keeping him and saving the buyout will completely alienate any fans who used to be interested in going to games and buying merchandise.

What happens if it cost us no money?

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...08_1_exit-fee-conference-revenues-acc-members

We get about 3 million from this settlement. Allocate it to the Buyout. Next problem.

I think the buyout is null and void as soon as he accepts a coaching gig elsewhere. Not sure that will happen consider what he has shown during his time here.

Advertisement
They'll wait until after the season. He should've been fired last night before boarding the plane.

I think the buyout is null and void as soon as he accepts a coaching gig elsewhere. Not sure that will happen consider what he has shown during his time here.

The buyout would likely be negotiated into a lump sum payable upon departure and not necessarily a year-by-year salary.

The buyout would likely be negotiated into a lump sum payable upon departure and not necessarily a year-by-year salary.

Okay. Didn't we just receive a large lump sum from Maryland? Didn't we just pick up a bigger television contract?

Advertisement
Which is too expensive:

Makes sense. Thanks.

Too expensive to fire him. The only way it happens would be at the end of the season and we would have to lose every game from here on out.

I am guessing that you have no idea what the **** you are talking about. Thanks for your useless post.

I can't enlighten you because I don't know the answer either. The difference is that I don't pretend to know the answer. There may be a few on this board that have some insight about what the higher ups are thinking but you're a fool if you think that they are going to give us anything definitive.

Okay. Didn't we just receive a large lump sum from Maryland? Didn't we just pick up a bigger television contract?

Yes, who are you arguing with?

I would have to assume that his buyout will go down significantly after this season. Just a guess tho.

Advertisement

Yes, who are you arguing with?

Seems like a moot point discussing this buyout. Not really arguing.

Seems like a moot point discussing this buyout. Not really arguing.

Just because we came into some money doesn't mean that a buyout doesn't cost us anything. Wouldn't you like to use that Maryland money on some kind of facility upgrades? Instead, it would have to be given to Al Golden to make him go away. Opportunity cost: what do you have to give up in order to pay for something else.

I can't enlighten you because I don't know the answer either. The difference is that I don't pretend to know the answer. There may be a few on this board that have some insight about what the higher ups are thinking but you're a fool if you think that they are going to give us anything definitive.

Ah, I see. That's fair. My bad if it came off that way.

Advertisement
I honestly think Golden is doing his best to leave Miami. I don't think he had any idea what he was getting into and is throwing games. Either that or he's the worst football coach of all time.

Advertisement
Back