Why hasn't he been fired yet?

Advertisement
Once it's been proven you are a bad fit, why not change immediately?

New coach could even salvage the recruiting class somewhat

his presser was exactly what beast said: buyout watch. dude is asking to be fired so he can collect and gtfo

Once it's been proven you are a bad fit, why not change immediately?

New coach could even salvage the recruiting class somewhat

If there is a new coach and it is Butch the recruiting class will improve...immensely!!! What high school player wouldn't want to be developed by that guy?

Advertisement
College football has unwritten rules about firing coaches in midseason. Few programs have done it, but most schools allow the HC and his staff to finish out the year. Even if they know the coaching staff will not return. Lane Kiffin was fired dead on the spot after the 3rd or 4th loss of the season. However Ron Zook was fired, but still allowed to finish coaching the rest of the season.

i think admin wants to see if we make a bowl or not. I don't see anything happening until the regular season is done.

Too expensive to fire him. The only way it happens would be at the end of the season and we would have to lose every game from here on out.

Advertisement
No way we are removing anyone mid-season. It's not the normal course of action. I'm not saying it's right, but he'll have until December unless he wants to go ahead and do the right thing in his pillars and resign.

Who is going to fire him?

An AD with no power? Nope

A president who doesn't care and retiring? Likely not.

Is he going to fire himself or leave? No and who wants him.

Rather be among a number of universities competing and looking for coaches who WILL be fired at the end of the season, UM has to be run by idiots to not go ahead and make a deal NOW with Butch - and turn Golden loose the same night we get smeared by FSU.

Sets up a recruiting continuity, we're not pushing and shoving among other schools out of desperation, and our problem is solved.

Advertisement
his presser was exactly what beast said: buyout watch. dude is asking to be fired so he can collect and gtfo

Golden probably didn't want to be here at all after Kiddie Fiddler University didn't offer him the HC job. I question what kind of effort he's put into coaching this team ever since then. The results we've seen so far this season seem to indicate he hasn't done much. Definitely in it for the buyout.

Advertisement
Too expensive to fire him. The only way it happens would be at the end of the season and we would have to lose every game from here on out.

I am guessing that you have no idea what the **** you are talking about. Thanks for your useless post.

Then please enlighten me.

Why make your OP then? You sound like you know but you don't know chit.

Then please help me understand what the problem is.

tumblr_ms90p0N5Q91qb5hljo6_250.gif

Lets face it guys. We're in a ****** situation. Really ******. Two coaches that ******* stink driving a team straight to ****sville before they both ditch us. Not only that, but no powers-that-be with the balls to do **** about it. We're stuck.

All we can hope for is that when there is a change, whomever comes in makes a big ******* splash. If not we're ****ed when it comes to recruiting.

Advertisement
Back