Why does our RB screen game...

The Franchise

The Best EVER
Premium
...look like such garbage? Is Kaaya terrible at it? Is the play design bad?

Kaaya throws the WR screens beautifully. But those RB screens look about as bad as any I've seen in college football this year. Very clunky and awkward even when they work.

Advertisement

Kaaya throws the WR screens beautifully. But those RB screens look about as bad as any I've seen in college football this year. Very clunky and awkward even when they work.

They stopped us on what? 2 out of the 5 screens we ran. The other 3 were successful. Gus run was called back which was 60 yards

Sometimes our line gets mud in their cleats and doesn't get out quick enough. They also don't sell their pass set well.

Generally, it just takes too long to develop, but at least twice a game we execute it to perfection.

I think Kaaya takes a little too long bc he doesn't want the DL to swat the ball down. He usually pump fakes the DE bearing down on him

They stopped us on what? 2 out of the 5 screens we ran. The other 3 were successful. Gus run was called back which was 60 yards
Don't be an insipid **** and point to stats or try to emphasize how a hold on a screen was OK.

I'm talking about how the RB screen game looks, not about a RB making something out of nothing. It's a clunky awkward looking screen game that will get destroyed by decent teams. I'm looking for reasons it looks so ****** compared to other teams.

Advertisement
It's true. It's rarely executed smoothly. Usually there is hesitation, a pump fake, a D lineman where he shouldn't be, or an O lineman where he shouldn't be.

Don't be an insipid **** and point to stats or try to emphasize how a hold on a screen was OK.

I'm talking about how the RB screen game looks, not about a RB making something out of nothing. It's a clunky awkward looking screen game that will get destroyed by decent teams. I'm looking for reasons it looks so ****** compared to other teams.

Lol... Classic Chise retort.

Kayaa holds the Ball too long on those and lofted one to Walton and almost got him killed

Advertisement
I think he holds the ball too long and then has to loft the ball t the RB, giving time for the DB's to sniff it out.

The Defense usually sniffs it out as soon as the ball is snapped, because they're either reading the signal or we're just giving it away with the tendency of when we call it.

Also, it has a lot to do with who we run it with... The only RB who should ever run the screen is Walton, it's a perfect play for his skillset.

It gets him out in the open with blockers in front of him & allows him to see the field from the flats with a better perspective on where to run.

Walton isn't great inbetween the tackles because he struggles to find cutback lanes, but when he gets on the edge & knows exactly where to go, he can break one open & get big gains.

Last edited:
The Defense usually sniffs it out as soon as the ball is snapped, because they're either reading the signal or we're just giving it away with the tendency of when we call it.

Also, it has a lot to do with who we run it with... The only RB who should ever run the screen is Walton, it's a perfect play for his skillset.

It gets him out in the open with blockers in front of him & allows him to see the field from the flats with a better perspective on where to run.

Walton isn't great inbetween the tackles because he struggles to find cutback lanes, but when he gets on the edge & knows exactly where to go, he can break one open & get big gains.

I think all 3 can catch and run well enough to run the screen.

Advertisement

I think all 3 can catch and run well enough to run the screen.
They can, but Walton is best at it.

Wouldn't only running the screen to Walton only further the opposing teams ability to read the call, or sniff out the play?

Advertisement

Wouldn't only running the screen to Walton only further the opposing teams ability to read the call, or sniff out the play?
Not if he's taking the majority of the snaps as the starter.

Lol... Classic Chise retort.

Yepper - even an idiot has a day in the sun.

bad screens not always on the qb, sometimes line releases the dline to early, sometimes u gotta give the d credit for reading it and making a play and sometimes u call it at wrong time. if the other team is in a zone its hard to have a successful screen. it works best against an agreesive d like Miami's less successful against the old read and react of donofrio

I don't know what I guys been watching but we haven't been successful at screens since Chud called plays. They were completely non existent under Golden and Shannon

Advertisement
Back