Why do we consistently not show up

This team is 1-2 years ahead of schedule...lets not forget that fact. Yes, it was very disappointing, but we have a chance to win the ACC next week and still make it into the playoffs. Don't forget that our whole left side of the O line are Folden specials that need to move on...thankfully they are Seniors. Roster still needs to be poached, remolded, and developed. Richt has gotten the most out of Rosier this season. 10-1 is very impressive. Kaaya leading this team goes 8-3 or 7-4 with his lack of mobility...lets not forget the last 14+ years of Canes football

Advertisement
This one is all on Rosier. He had so many opportunities. Pitt dared him to beat them deep and he failed miserably.

Last time I checked, Rosier doesn't play O Line...yes, Rosier sucked today, but the O Line sucking just as bad and us having ZERO rushing game hurt us just as much. We are not there yet, why can't folks understand that and be happy that we went 10-1. Yes, I'm upset as well over the loss, but we are ahead of schedule under the Richt tenure.

No matter who our head coach is, Miami always has problems showing up. What is it about our players that causes this?

South Florida mentality.

This.

The program needs leadership to overcome a pervasive sense of entitlement.

Bama rarely has off days against vastly inferior opponents because Saban won’t allow it. From himself, from his staff, or from his players.

They thought they could just go up there to Pittsburgh, and sleepwalk their way to victory.

Now they find out the hard way that they can't. This team mailed it in and they should be ashamed of themselves.

They say Miami fans are fair weathered... that we only show up for the big events. Apparently the team has the same mentality.

Advertisement
We're just not there yet

QB is not great

OL is average and has no depth

Defense has very little depth

Special Teams is awful (mostly cause we have no depth)

Bc the HC is soft, this is what UGA went through for a decade.

There’s truth to this.

Ask any UGA fan. Richt couldn’t win the SEC east when it was gift wrapped for him. That’s why he got fired. Not just because he lost to Saban and Meyer....losing to goofs like Muschamp got him fired.

The HC is soft but he won against our biggest three rivals this season. And has us playing in the ACCCG with a QB that struggles to complete a 10 yard pass. Ok, that makes sense

If you didn’t see this letdown coming, you’re an idiot.

We’ve come out flat against inferior teams many times this year. Today wasn’t an aberration.

Every time we lose people say the same thing. What does it even mean?

Malik was terrible, so that means the team didn't show up? Bandy misses a game changing INT, so he didn't show up?

Our pass protection was horrible. Malik's mobility prevented a lot more sacks.

I agree.

So are we saying that when anyone on the team doesn't execute and/or win their battle, the team didn't show up?

Advertisement
We're just not there yet

QB is not great

OL is average and has no depth

Defense has very little depth

Special Teams is awful (mostly cause we have no depth)

The oline is one dimensional. They can pass block pretty well but how can't we push for a yard ever? Malik missed many throws today but the line needs to help him out. Homer shoulda dominated but couldn't find any lanes at all. If u can't get a yard with a mini bulldozer running behind you, u don't deserve to win

No, this is more than that. This goes beyond Richt and as long as I can remember. Even some of our best teams have either lost or almost lost against vastly inferior opponents. It's not just CFB it's Miami. You don't see Alabama player down to all of their opponents.
they needed a mircle against a mediocre miss state team

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Miss State is far better than Pitt and Alabama has a ton of injuries. Also this is one game, we have literally played down to everyone.
we lost our best player in walton.

No, this is more than that. This goes beyond Richt and as long as I can remember. Even some of our best teams have either lost or almost lost against vastly inferior opponents. It's not just CFB it's Miami. You don't see Alabama player down to all of their opponents.
they needed a mircle against a mediocre miss state team

Miss State is far better than Pitt and Alabama has a ton of injuries. Also this is one game, we have literally played down to everyone.
we lost our best player in walton.

I'm not sure how much drop off there is from Walton to Homer. I think Homer, once he gets into the secondary, is much more likely to house it than Walton. He might not be as shifty as Walton, but he can get skinny and get through the line quickly and has pretty good speed in the open. Maybe not as fast as Lamar Miller, but fast. To get through the line, though, he needs an opening, a crease. Friday he was not getting anything.

Others might have a different opinion. I have not seen Walton play as much as some here and I don't get a full appreciation of what goes on since I only watch games on television. I don't go to games.

Provide some context;

1. We've played 10 weeks in a row
2. We have a QB who was once thought to never play here
3. No one thought this team could realistically win 10 reg season games
4. They've been playing to the level of their competition all season

This loss could be a blessing in disguise. I'll put it like this, we beat Clemson and this team might just pull of a miracle. But I'd rather see them get beat Friday, vs beat later. This team needed a wake up call. Rosier needed a wake up call. But these refs need a wake up call too! Anyways, I regress. Let's take care of business next week, and we in there.

Advertisement
We are everybody's Superbowl. Even when we were down the last 14 years, teams come out like we are still #1 (except we were #1 00).

This team is younger, lacks SEVERE depth, and still hasn't played a full 4 quarters going into the ACCCG.

I think it is a combination of inexperience, learning how to win (after being a doormat for too long), and that everyone comes out jazzed to play us.

Cheeseburger, Lineage 14.1

We have a mediocre QB who has missed throws all over the field early in games for the entire season.

I'd say we showed up last year in the bowl game vs WVU - one that was huge for the momentum of this programme.

We also turned up against FSU, beating them for the first time in seven years. Same again for VT and ND, clinching the ACC Coastal and putting us in the Playoff picture.

This week was about our paper thin roster finally catching up with us. We'd still have won it had Rosier been able to hit on one of the opportunities given to him. Instead he had a historically bad game and was benched for a walk on.

Advertisement
We're not elite at many positions. It's hard to see it now, but we've squeezed out every last drop from this roster

our best offensive players havent done **** this year
the back end of our defense is brand spanking new
our QB every one knew was very inconsistent.

We lost 1 game and still have a shot to be in the playoff.

Hard to see it since we played sooo many bad teams close, but this was a huge success for this group. Hope they can finish strong

Good analysis of Canes situation.When you have Robert Knowles on special teams,that should tell you the holes Canes have.

Andrew, this thread is dopey. Every team in the history of college football has this problem. It's like an Onion article. Canes fans ****ed team only shows up 99% of the time. This is not a top 10 Canes team, maybe not top 20.

Alabama has dominate offensive line play. Bama can start out slow and their QB can miss all the passes in the world but their offensive line play is dominate. Eventually they wear teams down and start to gash them for big yards.

The 2000 and 2001 team cruised because of stellar offensive line play

While I agree with this sentiment on the whole, I don't think that's what happened yesterday at all. We've been an overachieving team all year, with a glaring potential weakness at QB. Malik had yet to have a 4 quarter dud. If he did in any of our other close scrapes we'd have already taken an L.

It's hard to understate how grossly inept he was.

Advertisement
Back