Why do we consistently not show up

No, this is more than that. This goes beyond Richt and as long as I can remember. Even some of our best teams have either lost or almost lost against vastly inferior opponents. It's not just CFB it's Miami. You don't see Alabama player down to all of their opponents.
they needed a mircle against a mediocre miss state team

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Advertisement
We barely beat ECU to get our first ring. It’s always been a challenge for this program but at least they would dominate more than not.

This one is all on Rosier. He had so many opportunities. Pitt dared him to beat them deep and he failed miserably.

Bc the HC is soft, this is what UGA went through for a decade.

There’s truth to this.

Ask any UGA fan. Richt couldn’t win the SEC east when it was gift wrapped for him. That’s why he got fired. Not just because he lost to Saban and Meyer....losing to goofs like Muschamp got him fired.

its hard to dominate for 12+ games. and this was far from a dominant team, its a scrappy young team that got mushed in the trenches

Advertisement
This has nothing to do with not showing up or playing down to competition. Miami has a mediocre combination at QB and Oline, with that mix pretty much any game will be a battle.

Every time we lose people say the same thing. What does it even mean?

Malik was terrible, so that means the team didn't show up? Bandy misses a game changing INT, so he didn't show up?

This has nothing to do with not showing up or playing down to competition. Miami has a mediocre combination at QB and Oline, with that mix pretty much any game will be a battle.

BS. We absolutely dominated ND and handled VaTech. Pitt isn’t close to that level and we got skunked.

We haven't has a dominating OL in a decade. We had a weak schedule and some luck this year. Be happy with the Coastal trophy and hope for the best going forward

Advertisement
We're not elite at many positions. It's hard to see it now, but we've squeezed out every last drop from this roster

our best offensive players havent done **** this year
the back end of our defense is brand spanking new
our QB every one knew was very inconsistent.

We lost 1 game and still have a shot to be in the playoff.

Hard to see it since we played sooo many bad teams close, but this was a huge success for this group. Hope they can finish strong

Actually, I'm not sure we've played so many bad teams close. Before Pitt, our SOS was one of the highest. I found that hard to believe, but that's what the data showed.

Also actually, I have been waiting for us to be exposed. It's looked all year like we weren't able to dominate. We did dominate some top teams when we played them at our place, but I don't know how dominant we would have been playing ND in South Bend. I've always felt we were a year, or perhaps even two, away from being the best team in CFB. We used to find out, even during our great years in the '80's, that the inability run the ball in away games could be a big problem. Our passing game was off today, but we had no running game to compensate. I think we need more dominating guys in the OL. Rosier was like a sitting duck back there in the second half. If we had a QB who was not mobile, we could have given up half a dozen sacks, or more.

No, this is more than that. This goes beyond Richt and as long as I can remember. Even some of our best teams have either lost or almost lost against vastly inferior opponents. It's not just CFB it's Miami. You don't see Alabama player down to all of their opponents.

I don't think Miss State is mediocre at all. They are an 8 win team that had previously only lost to Auburn and Georgia....and that's all while not having their top 2-3 WRs most of the year.

Every time we lose people say the same thing. What does it even mean?

Malik was terrible, so that means the team didn't show up? Bandy misses a game changing INT, so he didn't show up?

Our pass protection was horrible. Malik's mobility prevented a lot more sacks.

Advertisement

Miss State is far better than Pitt and Alabama has a ton of injuries. Also this is one game, we have literally played down to everyone.

Advertisement
Look at MR's history- Averaged 1-2 loses per year and played in Orlando/Tampa Bowl games. It is what it is.

We won championships with Schnellenberger, Dennis Erickson, and Larry Coker.

How many losses did any of these coaches average in the years before they won NC's the U.

These guys were not great coaches until they got to Miami and had the south Florida talent to work with. Of course, only one, Dennis Erickson, was a college head coach before, but he never would have come close to a NC at Washington State.

He has a chance to win it all with the better talent at Miami. Give him some time.

IMO, it's culture and coaching.

You need leaders - both vocal and on field play. You need guys being into a program and being able the team....and that means holding each other accountable, not only in games but in practice, the weight room and film study. And you need coaches willing to do the same, not only with their players but amongst themselves. Just to add - i'm not saying we don't, i'm just saying our roster is young and we aren't there yet. Bama is the way it is because they are stocked with them in all classes and live/eat/breath it daily with coaches who push them. We're still getting back.

I think the type of D we run helps keeps the players involved and motivated....you see that with the turnover chain and the plays they have made throughout the year. I haven't seen that with the offense though. This staff needs to change their offensive ways.

Last edited:
Bc the HC is soft, this is what UGA went through for a decade.

There’s truth to this.

Ask any UGA fan. Richt couldn’t win the SEC east when it was gift wrapped for him. That’s why he got fired. Not just because he lost to Saban and Meyer....losing to goofs like Muschamp got him fired.

The HC is soft but he won against our biggest three rivals this season. And has us playing in the ACCCG with a QB that struggles to complete a 10 yard pass. Ok, that makes sense

No matter who our head coach is, Miami always has problems showing up. What is it about our players that causes this?

South Florida mentality.

This.

The program needs leadership to overcome a pervasive sense of entitlement. You even see it on this message board. Every Cane player making plays is suddenly ready to jump to the NFL. High round pick. Please.

Bama rarely has off days against vastly inferior opponents because Saban won’t allow it. From himself, from his staff, or from his players.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back