Why did King not keep more on RPO?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m wondering that myself. Clearly the line wasn’t opening the hole and the Ends crashed down every single time. I do know that Lash opened that playbook when it was 17-14. To me he was trying to keep Vanilla but WRs we’re still being coached by Dugans and had no separation.

That’s a high school run game. He was handing the ball to the rb, he didn’t have the option to keep.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I doubt it was on purpose, Perry came in and twice kept the ball on the read. One time a good read the second horrible.

I really hope that’s by design and not his move...bc there were at least 10 times he could have kept for 10+ yards
Why would you purposely neuter your offence?

He keeps it, the drive keeps going, we score more points and get the backups more time. It also opens things up for the RBs as EVERYONE on defence isn't just lining up to take a shot at them.

I'm not buying the argument that we didn't want him to get hurt - he ******* blocked a guy downfield and leapt into the endzone tonight. I'm also not buying that we didn't want to put it on film - it's a simple zone read, we're not going to surprise Louisville next week when King keeps it!

Advertisement
Back