Why can't we be like Marshall (easy to qualify)

Kids that can't qualify always want in here. I wish we would take all the thugs and retards that are good

This is part of the problem with America today! Don't blame the kids and parents for not giving a **** about an education...instead, blame the educational facility for giving a ****.

Merica!

Advertisement
Marshall is pretty much the only program of its kind right now when it comes to academics. They are essentially still running the prop 48 program.

^^^ This is spot on. They are the only program that takes non-qualifiers that I know of. You have to be one colossal dumbass to not meet minimum NCAA requirements.

Kevin Grooms is a classic example. He could not participate his first year as a non-qualifier. But, he plays now.

Kids that can't qualify always want in here. I wish we would take all the thugs and retards that are good

You know, I often wondered that myself, along with why cant we hire Nick Saban, or build an on campus stadium, or host the winter olympics. All huge fails by the U.

Advertisement
Thanks for saying what I was thinking. I appreciate someone with a realistic perspective. Most of these guys probably couldn't even get into Marshall, that's the humorous part.

A bunch of AA degree holding dolts up in this thread. GTFOH with that " I want to be like Marshall" bullshyt. If you want to support factories that mass produce retards and proceed to release them into the mainstream every year, then by all means jump on the Blundering **** band wagon. And since only .02% of them will make it at the next level, there's a good chance your favorite players will be joining you in the mailroom. Then all of you biches can collectively chant "We is Marshall!"

If UM did that they would eventually join the nfl, the ncaa n sec wouldnt b able to hang with us.

I have long admired the quality and diversity of the colleges and universities in the United States. Their differences are very important if we want to undertake the challenge of educating a large segment of the population. In many counties, only the more intellectually gifted are admitted to universities. In our country, we give a much larger percentage of students the opportunity to proceed beyond high school. Marshall fills a niche with its Higher Education for Learning Problems (H.E.L.P.) program. Here is a copy of one of the school's recent news letters.

http://www.marshall.edu/help/files/2014/01/newsletter-spring14.pdf

One thing the program definitely is NOT is some sort of dodge to help field a better football team. I admire the effort the school makes in this area. UM, on the other hand, fills a different niche: it aims to work with more qualified students. It is NOT Harvard, and I wouldn't want it to be. I like it just the way it is.

Always found it silly that miami decided to try to get into ivy quality academics. ..florida has one of the worst education systems in the country lol..****ing administrative department.

over half of the student population is from out of state and um takes most of the upper-tier of florida students. it's not a state diploma factory like uf, fsu, ucf, or usf. but yeah, **** them for trying to make the people that pay for the university to run on a day to day basis have a better degree than from those other schools.

and marshall sure is having a ton of success with those non-qualifiers. championships everywhere.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There is so much stupid in this thread I don't even know where to start...

Advertisement
Back