Why can't we be like Marshall (easy to qualify)

Advertisement
Because don't you know Miami is the 49th best major university in the country whose football team only exists to take slightly less unqualified students and graduate them?

Always found it silly that miami decided to try to get into ivy quality academics. ..florida has one of the worst education systems in the country lol..******* administrative department.

Or maybe those prospects who fail to qualify can actually bust their *** in the classroom as well...

Advertisement
It's not Hard. Just get ya gpa up. 2.75 n higher n min test score. But **** how succesful can a 2.5 r 2.3 student be at UM. Even though we most cheat n barely get bye while at UM.

Kids that can't qualify always want in here. I wish we would take all the thugs and retards that are good

#@#@$ Harvard of the South. As an alumni, I f'ing hate it! We're Sunshine U dammit! This is the reason me and all my friends went to Miami! We had style,swag (80's swag! :p) and an attitude or confidence that I still have today. This is what made us successful! You want Harvard - Go to Boston. You want beach, sun, attitude and football - Go to Miami. Dammit I want my school back!!!!

Advertisement
It's not Hard. Just get ya gpa up. 2.75 n higher n min test score. But **** how succesful can a 2.5 r 2.3 student be at UM. Even though we most cheat n barely get bye while at UM.

Kids that can't qualify always want in here. I wish we would take all the thugs and retards that are good

Man this is 100000000% true...its not that hard to get decent grades in high school

#@#@$ Harvard of the South. As an alumni, I f'ing hate it! We're Sunshine U dammit! This is the reason me and all my friends went to Miami! We had style,swag (80's swag! :p) and an attitude or confidence that I still have today. This is what made us successful! You want Harvard - Go to Boston. You want beach, sun, attitude and football - Go to Miami. Dammit I want my school back!!!!

"Our obligation is to fundamental values that are basically academic," he says. "Every decision is measured against that principle." He also says, with reference to football, "I don't think we should be too hung up on being Number 1." - Tad Foote

"If...the standards are going to continue to rise along the lines of a '
Harvard of the South,' then it appears to me that the athletic department and the University of Miami administration and faculty will be on a very real collision course. From an athletic department standpoint, it could mean that our department could become another Rice or Northwestern—what a thought!" - memo from academic advisor to Sam Jankovich circa 1986.

"Our obligation is to fundamental values that are basically academic," he says. "Every decision is measured against that principle." He also says, with reference to football, "I don't think we should be too hung up on being Number 1." - Tad Foote

"If...the standards are going to continue to rise along the lines of a '
Harvard of the South,' then it appears to me that the athletic department and the University of Miami administration and faculty will be on a very real collision course. From an athletic department standpoint, it could mean that our department could become another Rice or Northwestern—what a thought!" - memo from academic advisor to Sam Jankovich circa 1986.

I was there... yelling at Tad on campus... now Im all grown up, run my own company and still hate the man's guts! ;) Sunshine U baby!

We are already too much like Marshall. They couldn't compete for the Coastal, much less the ACC, either, and aren't a top tier program in their own state.

:)

Advertisement
A bunch of AA degree holding dolts up in this thread. GTFOH with that " I want to be like Marshall" bullshyt. If you want to support factories that mass produce retards and proceed to release them into the mainstream every year, then by all means jump on the Blundering **** band wagon. And since only .02% of them will make it at the next level, there's a good chance your favorite players will be joining you in the mailroom. Then all of you biches can collectively chant "We is Marshall!"

Marshall is pretty much the only program of its kind right now when it comes to academics. They are essentially still running the prop 48 program.

Advertisement
Because after 4 years, 99.9% of these kids aren't making the NFL and I would hope that they'd want a diploma that holds some weight from an academic institution that is held in higher regard than most other schools! You want a GED type diploma, go waste your time at Marshall, West Virginia, etc. and be disappointed when they find out its useless and the last 4 years of their life was a waste! The same people that are complaining are probably the same people making fun of FSU's admissions standards or remedial classes that their players take!

Actually, you're an "alumnus."

I spelled "beach" right! :p

I spelled "beach" right! :p

OK, you're funny. That changes everything. I apologize for my snark.

Actually, your whole post was clever and humorous.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back