Why can’t we have a dedicated qb coach?

Advertisement
Advertisement
We should definitely revise the staff and hire an additional offensive coach to serve as a QB coach and assistant offensive coordinator

No it isnt.
This is a big complaint of mine as well. I think it’s too important a position not to have a dedicated coach.

On defense don’t we have the following:
Defensive Coordinator
Defensive Line
Linebacker
Striker
Corners
Safties

That’s 6/11 coaches on defense when Manny is essentially the DC.

I think one of these guys is surely expendable for the most important position on the field which has been a major issue for several years.
The d/c also coaches linebackers. So we have 5 assistants on offense and 5 on defense. Pretty balanced if you ask me. Yall just love to complain.

Advertisement
First you need a QB worth coaching. Second you need a HC or OC with enough brains, talent and of balls to pick a good one.

As some have stated it has to do with the number of on-field coaches you're allowed to have. The OC might carry two titles depending on their background, Enos and Lashlee had both previously played QB. Other programs OCs are also the O-line coach, it's all about maximizing the value of each coach and the value of the staff.

That being said it doesn't make any sense to have Rumph and Banda coaching CBs and Safeties, fire Rumph and have Banda be the DBs coach if Manny insists on not firing him. Patke gets a very soft pass here because he coaches Strikers and Special Teams.

If this offense is so complicated that we need a dedicated QB coach, we made the wrong hire.

Advertisement
Seems to usually just be a side title to the OC?

Because there is a fixed limit to the number of assistants a HC can have. "Generally" the OC is also the QB coach .. especially in instances in which he has actually played the position (like Lashlee).

Because in the most offensive time in football our brilliant head coach thinks its wise to have more coaches on defense. Brilliant

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back