Why can’t we have a dedicated qb coach?

Advertisement
If we had a dedicated QB coach then 1 of Rumph, the Panda or Patke would have to go... and we can’t have Manny do that now.

Lol at the thought of Manny canning Rumph and having Panda teach cornerback techniques.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is a big complaint of mine as well. I think it’s too important a position not to have a dedicated coach.

On defense don’t we have the following:
Defensive Coordinator
Defensive Line
Linebacker
Striker
Corners
Safties

That’s 6/11 coaches on defense when Manny is essentially the DC.

I think one of these guys is surely expendable for the most important position on the field which has been a major issue for several years.

Advertisement
Most teams tap their oc with an additional title as the qb coach

Traditionally yes - but that has been starting to change. Many teams employ a “passing game coordinator/QB coach” now in addition to the Offensive coordinator. We saw it with LSU; Minnesota had a pretty **** good season doing that (QB played lights out) - especially with a spread OC - I think I’d rather have a resource directed to a QB.

Advertisement
This is a big complaint of mine as well. I think it’s too important a position not to have a dedicated coach.

Defensive Coordinator
Defensive Line
Linebacker
Striker
Corners
Safties

I think one of these guys is surely expendable for the most important position on the field which has been a major issue for several years.
I believe the DC and the LB coach are the same- Baker

Defensive Coordinator
Defensive Line
Linebacker
Striker
Corners
Safties

We don’t have a separate LB coach. I’m pretty sure that’s Baker

Defense.
DC/LB
Striker/ST
DL
S
CB

Offense.
OC/QB
OL
TE
RB
WR

We don’t have a separate LB coach. I’m pretty sure that’s Baker

Defense.
DC/LB
Striker/ST
DL
S
CB

Offense.
OC/QB
OL
TE
RB
WR

Ah I stand corrected. Where are these teams that employ passing game coordinators cutting staff? At TE? Maybe have the OL and WR coach double up on TE’s? (Realizing our striker coach is also special teams)

Advertisement
Back