Why can’t Miami be consistently good?

Advertisement
Is it money or what ?
SmartSelect_20231125_211323_Video Player.gif

Advertisement
Great teams made the OB, the OB didn’t make great teams

Orange Bowl gave Miami a home field advantage. We haven't had that since the move. The example you guys pull is just a handful of games in a what in 15 years in Joe Robbie (old skool). Every game at the Orange bowl even the rutgers and temple games was loud in that stadium. We lost that when we made that move to hard rock. Yes, leaving the Orange Bowl is one of the reasons of the Hurricanes downfall.

Orange Bowl gave Miami a home field advantage. We haven't had that since the move. The example you guys pull is just a handful of games in a what in 15 years in Joe Robbie (old skool). Every game at the Orange bowl even the rutgers and temple games was loud in that stadium. We lost that when we made that move to hard rock. Yes, leaving the Orange Bowl is one of the reasons of the Hurricanes downfall.

Losing our home may warrant being on the laundry list but it’s near the bottom.

I would’ve first said bad hires at HC since Clappy. But if you think about it, Poptimus is right on. QB.

Even compare to other programs like FSU. Since 03, what seasons did they have success? One or two with EJ Manuel and of course Jameis. Two first rounders. Then this year with JT. And look at their struggles today.

Look no further than our starting QB over the past 18 years to see the number 1 issue.

The only way to mask this is top-notch coaching. And that brings you to our number 2 issue.

Last edited:
Stubborn coaching…

This job flourshied with coaches who did more with less and coached like they needed to find an edge even though they recruited superior athletes…

It’s why UCF has been good… play innovative offenses and give you an edge to stay in the fight with the big boys… we want to pretend we are a NFL minor league team

Advertisement
3 mario good recruiter awful coach and game manager. Maybe if he would just be CEO and let a good OC run an offense it could be better

Last I checked: 0 elite QBs, 3 DT in 3 years unless something changes soon for this class

100 percent, the BOTs are whoever made the choices are g0d awful at picking coaches. When we hired Al Golden it was between him, Tressel and Edsall was the final 3. Wtf thats who they come up with???? Thats why we have been 6-6 for two decades
Tressel? You mean Mark Trestman?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Because we are in the ACC. That's why.

Its a 100% revenue sharing conference.

Not sure if anybody else mention that in this thread but thats another reason too. The fall really took a deep dive when we got into the ACC and also the rise of the SEC really hurt us too when it comes to recruiting. The SEC was always the best but they took a bigger jump into a super conference in the last 15 years or so

1. Coaches who want to win "their way" over winning any way.

2. Too many low-IQ players on the field at the same time.

Easy answer cause we keep hiring terrible coaches. Look at what Coker, Shannon, Golden and Diaz have done after Miami? That says a lot cause none of them are head coaching anywhere today. Richt the only legit coach we have hired and we got him at the wrong time (health)

Same tired answer Miami fans have been giving for 20+ years. To hear you guys tell it, Miami must have made 6 bad head coaching hires in a row and 20+ bad coordinator hires in a row. Everything is "corching" and X's and O's. And I guess schools like Ohio State who have been consistently good had several good coaching hires in a row. What has Jim Tressel done since leaving Ohio State?

Golden and Diaz are both top DC's now, by the way. And Cristobal won a Rose Bowl and the PAC a couple times, and Richt won the SEC. But I guess these people forgot how to coach when they came to Miami. Also, Coker won a natty at Miami. So is he an X's and O's genius?

At some point, does it ever cross your minds that there's more to winning games than formations and "skeemz and coarching?" I mean really. Like nobody is THAT unlucky to hire that many bad coaches in a row, so maybe it's something else besides just that.

Like for example, support from the admin? I know people say our NIL is fine, but... bull****. I say that's bull****. I guess that depends on how you define "fine." Fine enough to be middle of the ACC maybe. Not fine enough to be a champion.

Weren't we told when Mario was hired that Miami had "turned a new leaf" and was ready to start spending like the big boys? How long did that last? One season. Now everyone around Miami has gone cheap again. Now we're being told that we can't recruit and we can't land a CB because we have to ration out limited funds. So how committed is the admin... really?

Where is our football facility? Nobody ever talks about it, but you want to talk about a lack of commitment from our admin, look no further than that. They decided not to spend the money.

I would say if you want a reason why Miami has sucked for 20 years, the answer is our board of Trustees and the "E before W" types who don't give a **** about football. They say they do, but they don't do a **** thing and don't lift a **** finger to do anything.

If I had any say in it, we would replace our entire BOT. I would fire every one of them if I could.

Advertisement
Back