Why aren't our former players....

TheUuuuu

Junior
Premium
using their status and public platform to spread the word? Is it me, or should they (as former Canes that care) at least back up the fanbase?

I personally believe they should, but they could also want to stay out of the whole thing. I figure at the current state we're in, why the **** not?

Advertisement
You didn't hear the post game show

They can donate their $$$$$$ but the admin says fack their opinions
Crazy stuff

When I hear Ricky Williams has an office at Texas to help recruit kids and
As much talent as we have these guys don't have positions in the athletic department I am floored

Just like they had a responsibility to uphold The U, guys like Sapp, Irvin, Vilma, Reed and Wilfork (who has donated quite a bit) have a responsibility to use their noteriety to spread the word and influence change. ****, even the ******* Rock.

This is downright bull**** at the moment. Just a **** shame.

You didn't hear the post game show

They can donate their $$$$$$ but the admin says fack their opinions
Crazy stuff

When I hear Ricky Williams has an office at Texas to help recruit kids and
As much talent as we have these guys don't have positions in the athletic department I am floored

This is just too much man. I'm floored by this all. I just can't fathom this being the end.

Advertisement
Just like they had a responsibility to uphold The U, guys like Sapp, Irvin, Vilma, Reed and Wilfork (who has donated quite a bit) have a responsibility to use their noteriety to spread the word and influence change. ****, even the ****ing Rock.

This is downright bull**** at the moment. Just a **** shame.

I have not followed enough but how much have these players donated? Not questioning they did just curious.

Simply put -- the alumnus dont care. Once they finish their collegiate career, they act like they never came here. Their are exceptions of course, but, the name of that running back who donated was the 1st ex-athlete to donate to the program. I believe he donated around 2 mill.

Advertisement
It's a shame man. Sapp and Irvin always throwing the U around, but where the **** are their voices when we need them most? Unless I missed something - in which case I'll hapily edit/delete this comment - they havent said anything since **** really hit the fan.

The rock donated a million I think for the locker room. And vilma donated 40k for the lounge. That's just the ones I know off the top of my head.

Advertisement
The rock donated a million I think for the locker room. And vilma donated 40k for the lounge. That's just the ones I know off the top of my head.

I know the Wilforks donated money, just not sure on how much.
I think our former players are ****ed but maybe they aren't wanting to get banned from the facilities like randy did. I can only hope they are having private conversations with James. I know Gonzalez has been pretty vocal.

A player from 1962 donated $1.5 million.

Bennie Blades has been vocal of late but is more supportive and optimistic.
Says stuff like, "he holds the program and players accountable", "needs more vocal player leaders and captains to unite and lead by example" "coach and play more aggressive, physical brand of football"

Advertisement
Simply put -- the alumnus dont care. Once they finish their collegiate career, they act like they never came here. Their are exceptions of course, but, the name of that running back who donated was the 1st ex-athlete to donate to the program. I believe he donated around 2 mill.

tumblr_n9ij0ekQmc1setsv8o1_400.gif

It's a shame man. Sapp and Irvin always throwing the U around, but where the **** are their voices when we need them most? Unless I missed something - in which case I'll hapily edit/delete this comment - they havent said anything since **** really hit the fan.

Sapp spoke his word 4 years ago when saying who the **** is Al Golden from Temple and what business does he have at the University of Miami. At this point he is just sitting back saying I told you so. The admin hasn't valued opinions of the former players that are calling them out.

It's just like Blake talking about how he talked to Brock Berlin at the game and got his opinion.. he only mentioned him because it was probably the same thing he has been saying, they stand beside Al, keep him around and all that bull ****. Who the **** cares what Brock Berlin had to say anyway? He was apart of the beginning of the landslide of the program. Why not ask Dorsey, or say you heard what some of the greats have been saying like Highsmith, Sapp, etc. Of all people he mentions Brock Berlin? He probably had no idea who he was while he was talking to him

As for Irvin, he isn't going to say anything, his nephew is in the recruiting process with Miami right now and his son will be next year. It's going to be a **** shame we miss on 2 family members of one of the greatest players in school history, especially considering both are great players.

Players have been on twitter for the better part of a year basing Golden and it hasn't done ****. You guys really think the administration gives a **** about the former players? They want nothing to do with anything The U stands for. Those ******* caved to the NCAA and cut ties with basically all the former players trying to save their own ***. Donna and those in charge don't give a ****.

Gino Toretta was quite vocal during the season about what was going on at UM.

Advertisement
Back