Why are we worrying about Cook

derek

Thunderdome
Our focus should be on defense. 75% of his class or more should be on defense. We already have 2 good RB's committed. We need to get good players on the line of scrimmage and LBers. Not just bodies, but good players. I want Cook also, but we have skill players and his loss will not hurt us as bad as if we do not get big strong defensive players. If not, next few years will be like this year where teams like Duke score almost 50 on us.,

Advertisement
Smh. Our depth at RB is nowhere near what it should be. You need to add as many elite playmakers as you can. Injuries happen, players leave early, don't pan out, etc. Do u think we're fine at wr? Do you think it would have made a difference in the win column if we had Watkins and Cooper to add to what we have now? Cook is an elite player in your back yard. Your **** right we are worried about not only losing him, but the possibility of him going to our rival that's been kicking our *** the last few years.

While he is a freakish talent you are probably right. Defense has to get a lot better before we get to the next level

Though many say that owens could be a safety i see him at LB, juwon young is really underrated IMO, we got two momster DTs committed with wyche and probably another good JUCO, DE is set with chad, trent, and mike, for the secondary we got nigel and things are looking good with JC and we recruiting kiy hester, im pretty sure we are focusing on defense to go with that great offensive class

Advertisement
becasue you dont let the top prospect out of miami leave miami

It has happened before...it will happen again...and the program can still flourish if it happens.

I really wish people would stop saying this as if it's an absolute.

P.S. He ain't the top prospect in Miami if you ask me

7.jpg

If you land Cook you land the top back in South Florida and that enables you to move Powell to defense. Helps both sides of the ball with difference makers.

Advertisement
Landing cook is a win four our defense.

We need defense, or we will continue to be outscored against decent teams. My feeling do not change. I would take 2 good defensive players over Cook any day where we stand right now.

you recruit that kid after the ink is dried and until he sits his *** in his first class PERIOD
anything else is defined as stupidity

IF YOU MUST PUT DEFENSE first remember this moment in time please….
In 1984, Coach Bobby Knight was coming off a gold-medal Olympic run with Michael Jordan. Knight was friends with then Portland Trailblazer GM, Stu Inman, and called to sell him on Jordan as their first pick in the upcoming NBA draft. With Clyde Drexler already on the team, Inman had other plans.

Inman: We need a center.

Bobby Knight: Then draft Jordan, and play him at center.

Duke won games by himself
Coley won games by himself
Cook can win games by himself

Advertisement
It's not an either or situation.

We can land Cook and still recruit defense. The allure of landing Cook is you have the next CJ Spiller on your roster instead of FSU's.

Same goes for Sony. NEVER STOP recruiting these kids. Find them a spot if were fortunate enough to land them.

We've recruited defense very hard and still going hard on that side of the ball but you also want the best all around players for your team and he's maybe the best out of everybody. Go full court press on him

Advertisement
We lost two straight after Duke went down.

He wasn't the only reason, but he was a big one.

Have you seen Cook? That guy is the definition of athlete. I wouldn't be surprised if he's our Karlos Williams (FSU) where he plays RB and Safety sparingly.

You don't let this guy leave Miami without a fight.

Seeing Gus the Bus run the ball better than Dallas Crawford is an indication of how depleted our RB backfield is.

Advertisement
Back